Its up on XBLA!

#1 Edited by Rowr (5824 posts) -

Impressions go here.

Seems pretty awesome so far. I like the time rewind mechanic, and the controls seem pretty decent also.

looking forward to some co-op / deathmatch.

Add me on live if your interested, especially if your in Aus. Gamertag = Rowr14.

#2 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

what time do arcade games go up in Aus.  Because here it's in the U.S. it's in the dead of night.

#3 Posted by KindGalaxy (429 posts) -

Oh fuck YEAH!!!

#4 Posted by Rowr (5824 posts) -
ArchScabby said:
"what time do arcade games go up in Aus.  Because here it's in the U.S. it's in the dead of night."
probably once it became technically the 24th in north america.

since the release is the 24th and it only went up this afternoon. (we are a day ahead.)
#5 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Just woke up, but I'll be downloading this while I'm a my first class. Can't wait to get back and play me some Duke Nukem!

#6 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6510 posts) -

Oh hell yeah!  Now if only we could get some Shadow Warrior and Rise of the Triad love on the 360, I'd be in retro shooter heaven!

Moderator Online
#7 Edited by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Aw damn, slipped my mind! Damn you sweet sweet lonely masturbation, only 7 hours late!

Downloading Nooooooooooooooooooooow!

Does Dukematch take any skill at all? I can't even last for 5 seconds.

#8 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Just played the first level and beat it. Still love this game! :)

#9 Posted by TMThomsen (2084 posts) -

A really awesome port! The controls are great and the multiplayer is actually quite funny too.

#10 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3909 posts) -

Well, it's about everything you could expect or want from a Duke port, short of widescreen and reworked art. It actually looks a bit better than I expected it to. There was a little lag in multiplayer, but nothing too bad.  If you like the demo, I would recommend the full version.

Speaking of the demo, if you select "user clips" you're told they're not available, but if you select "leaderboards" then you can view any of the main record holder clips. This applies not only to every Dukematch level, but all single player levels too. It's a great way to see what else you're getting before deciding to buy, but be careful not to ruin too much of the game for yourself.

#11 Posted by Gargantuan (1887 posts) -

How expensive is it?

#12 Posted by carpei (59 posts) -

It's 800 MS points, or 10 bucks. Pretty good for what you get.

#13 Posted by Robison2099 (4 posts) -

I've been looking forward to this for a while because I love this game, but I won't be able to play it until I get my 360 back online next week :(

I'm glad i'm hearing good things about it though :)

#14 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

IIIIIII'VE GOT BAAALLS OF STEEEL. Fucking loving this game.

#15 Posted by Gargantuan (1887 posts) -
carpei said:
"It's 800 MS points, or 10 bucks. Pretty good for what you get."
Thanks.
I only got 400 MSP and I need to save money so no Duke for me. :(
#16 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

I'll download it tomorrow.

#17 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of bubblegum"

Fantastic.

#18 Posted by ManMadeGod (1590 posts) -

I'm playing it now and love it.
Such a classic game.

#19 Posted by Blitzer (399 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"IIIIIII'VE GOT BAAALLS OF STEEEL. Fucking loving this game."
BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS
#20 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
Blitzer said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"IIIIIII'VE GOT BAAALLS OF STEEEL. Fucking loving this game."
BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS"
OMGG! OMGG! He's back!
#21 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I need to play some more so that I can see the nostalgic, pixelated boobies.

#22 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
Kush said:
"I need to play some more so that I can see the nostalgic, pixelated boobies."
You only need to get to the second level.

Did any of you guys turn that "filter" thing off? I forget what its called, but basically it smooths out everything making it all blurry. I kept it off because I like the pixelated look in my games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.