Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem Forever

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

After approximately fourteen years of development, the heavily infamous sequel to Duke Nukem 3D was finally released, in which the macho Duke must damper yet another alien invasion.

Can I play this game with my Girlfriend in the room?

• 60 results
    Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#51  Edited By Lazyaza

DNF is the sort of game I would never want my gf, sister or mother to ever see my playing.  It is a vile disturbing and downright creepy representation of women, treating them as absolutely nothing but objects.

Its not just the sexual inuendo and nudity, their is an entire level where you are walking around listening to women cry and moan because they've been RAPED and IMPREGNATEDrepeatedly by aliens and upon "giving birth" they explode in to chunks and the alien babies fly out of them.   Some of the lines the women say in this area are fucked up, its like listening to drunken teenage girls talk about how they were taken advantage of by sick perverts or some shit.

It was god damn fucked up, and if you watch GB's quicklook you can see how god damn fucked up it is.  The worst part is your playing as a guy who just laughs at this shit and then it fucking hits you, the guys who made this game thought this crap would be funny.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#52  Edited By musubi
    @Lazyaza: Oh man all of this is new and exciting!  Wait... no its not... because its the SAME THING that was in Duke Nukem 3D.  
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By KaosAngel

The chick I'm sleeping with hates shit like this, so I have to play when she's at work or taking a shit or something...that's if I'd want to play this game. I don't.

All girls are different, just like all men are different.

You should talk to her about the game first and ask her if she'd be into that kind of stuff.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Pinworm45
    @Meowshi said:
    @Wolverine said:

@henrik_zwomp said:

How much nudity, sex etc is this in this game? I don't want her to thinks I only bought the game because it has babes and nudity in it. And I really don't want her to start complaining a lot about the types of games I'm playing.

What is she your mother? If I felt uncomfortable doing something as meaningless as playing Duke Nukem in front of the girl I'm dating I wouldn't be dating here.

Spoken like someone who doesn't actually have a girlfriend.  
    I have a girlfriend and I echo his statement.
    Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#55  Edited By Lazyaza
    @Demoskinos said:
    @Lazyaza: Oh man all of this is new and exciting!  Wait... no its not... because its the SAME THING that was in Duke Nukem 3D.  
    Their wasn't a rape room in duke3d.  You came across girls in pods sure but their wasn't a heavy implication of vicious rape, more that they were being collected and studied or used in the fashion the humans were in the aliens films which were appropriately dark and not attempting humor with the concept.  In 3D they moaned a little but they weren't standing their talking about "if it was safe to swallow" or "I can feel it crawling around inside" in between crying and screaming.   Huge differences.   
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#56  Edited By musubi
    @Lazyaza: No, same thing.  They begged you to kill them and they were naked etc....   Its the same damn plot.   Secondly, who cares?     We've all been murdering people in video games  for years  yet  implied rape is where we draw the line?     As I've said in the other thread that talked about this.    Rape and Murder are both equal in how horrible they are yet  murder is apparently acceptable for entertainment?    Please.      Lastly its just a video game so again... who cares?
    Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By Xeiphyer

Sounds like you are dating your mom, so... congrats on that...

As for the question, would your mom find Duke funny? If you don't think she would find him funny, then she won't be amused by the game either, the game is just Duke being Duke at, on, around, with, against, and inside things.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By DoctorTran

Me and my wife both like Duke Nukem. So, She's totally cool with it.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By Sayishere

Its a mans game son.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By DonPixel

@henrik_zwomp: If you both live in a trailer park and have a zillion badass tattos all over plus a shitload of fucking beer around to fuck around

FUCK YEA YOU CAN!

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#61  Edited By Julmust

Play the game you pussy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.