Duke Nukem Forever "Balls Of Steel Edition" Detailed

• 157 results
#101 Posted by Aleryn (704 posts) -

Good price for all that stuff.  I have no interest in the extras, but that's a lot better than charing $130-$150 like some super editions.

#102 Posted by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

i would gladly drop a ridiculous amount of money to check out that development history book 

#103 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

No way, the game looks like an amusing rental at best.

#104 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -
@Undeadpool said:
" Depending on the price point (I'm going to go out on a limb and say $150-200), this might TOTALLY be worth it. "
Amazon says $100! I want it NOW!
#105 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

looks pretty sweet.  I'll stick with the regular edition thougj

#106 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

I think im going to have to buy it.. 
#107 Posted by Sil3n7 (1189 posts) -

It took them over 10 years to create those busts. Mystery solved.

#108 Posted by Undeadpool (4935 posts) -

A bunch of people told me it's apparently $100...I'm sorry I can't reply individually, but I can't find you in the comments and I'll just say: "This is relevant to my interests!"

#109 Posted by Gonmog (583 posts) -

Buying. Done deal.

#110 Posted by LegendaryChopChop (1208 posts) -

Well the bust will obviously be a miniature bust (probably 6 inches) but that's still a good size, even if it's hollow. The rest of the stuff are obviously just little trinkets, but much better than those found in some other highly-priced CEs. The cards, the chips, the dice, the comic book... those are all pretty damn wicked.

#111 Posted by Killroycantkill (1406 posts) -

I think this is the only special edition I HAVE to get, this game has been in development for so long now this would be like owning a piece of history.

#112 Posted by Xymox (2088 posts) -

"looks like 2K Games will only be producing 2,000 units. "  big, big mistake? I hope the pressure for them is so high the'll have to make more runs as the first batch is out. 

#113 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Complete lack of steel ben wah balls.  What a crock.

#114 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1735 posts) -

This is a belt buckle away from being a collection of all the swag they've given at the E3s they showed the game at through the years.

#115 Posted by Rekt_Hed (848 posts) -
@Andryan said:
" There are no Balls of Steel? LAME. "
Are you seriously saying you want a cast of Dukes actual balls made from steel....rly?.....RLY?

Im syked for this edition, just preordered it last night when I first read about this :D DUKE IS BACK :D
#116 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, got a little excited there.

#117 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2385 posts) -
@Rekt_Hed said:

" @Andryan said:

Are you seriously saying you want a cast of Dukes actual balls made from steel....rly?.....RLY?"
Just throw in a couple ball bearings or something, like they show right on the box. Maybe with Duke's face on them. It's a totally obvious and easy thing that would have been pretty funny. 

Or how about just a plastic keychain or something where you could press a button and it would play the "I've got balls of steel!" clip, perhaps among other Duke phrases. Like a real-life soundboard. 

I don't know, I just think that DNF deserves a less conventional collector's edition. I imagine there's an unusually high percentage of people buying this game who would want a CE as opposed to most other games out there, so why not go all out?
#118 Posted by Salgueiro (4 posts) -
@test0r: Haha that would definitely be awesome. 
Overall it looks pretty ok, i wouldn't buy it though.
#119 Posted by Hef (1115 posts) -

I might actually get that just because of that book.  If it chronicles the development of this game in any way, I think it'd be a pretty cool read.

#120 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

I'm gonna get myself a Bust of Steel...

#121 Posted by BitterAlmond (401 posts) -

Somebody earlier said "100$" for all this. If that's true, I'm buying.

#122 Posted by AllenV86 (150 posts) -

looks nice but wont be cheap 

grtz Allen :-p

#123 Posted by Gish (4 posts) -

Day 1 for me, I've been waiting for this game for wayyy too long.

#124 Posted by hfm (76 posts) -

The problem I see is that it does not come with any actual Balls Of Steel... they're pictured on the box though...

#125 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -

YES! Gearbox: Success!

#126 Posted by Rekt_Hed (848 posts) -
@RockmanBionics: 

yo mate you can pre order it here :D 
http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2DU03-Duke%20Nukem%20Forever%20Balls%20of%20Steel%20Edition.html
#127 Posted by Rekt_Hed (848 posts) -
@IkariNoTekken: 
I was freakin out as well you can order it straight from the UK here :) 

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2DU03-Duke%20Nukem%20Forever%20Balls%20of%20Steel%20Edition.html
#128 Posted by Paulrus (244 posts) -

I just want the book. And the game.

#129 Posted by ajamafalous (11990 posts) -

How big's the bust? I might actually buy this.

#130 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2502 posts) -

oh man, only 2000 being produced?
I think I might buy this and a regular copy of the game and just keep this thing sealed...

#131 Posted by Mjolnir (456 posts) -

Having "CARPE NUKEM" engraved at the base of the bust almost makes this worth it.

#132 Posted by CurtMan2k7 (123 posts) -

the only thing that would have made this better, is having balls of steels that hang on your rear view mirror
#133 Posted by heatDrive88 (2333 posts) -

Looks like a huge waste of money for a piece of plastic that will sit and do nothing.

If there's one thing these often-photoshopped pictures of all the contents of a Collector's Edition often portrays is to make the contents seem awfully larger than they actually are to scale.

#134 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -

Am I a shithead for wanting this?
#135 Posted by HDN (2 posts) -

I agree with a lot of people on here...where are the actual BALLS OF STEEL man...what a let down.

#136 Posted by Drayco90 (17 posts) -

Looks like 2011 is going to abort my whole freaking wallet, should have come with an empty bubblegum pack though.

#137 Posted by claudius (185 posts) -

I want to know details about the bust before purchasing. I don't want to put a dinky little plastic thing over the fireplace in my study.

#138 Posted by zitosilva (1840 posts) -

I really want to check that "Legacy and History" book.

#139 Posted by commodore64 (113 posts) -

I think we need a delay. For old times sake.

#140 Posted by Mattxx (45 posts) -

Damn, I really want this. Haha.

#141 Posted by Chubbaluphigous (571 posts) -

All I really want is a tell all book about the long development, and why it took so long.  If that is what the book included is, then i will be buying this.  However, it looks like it is just an art book.  While the art books are interesting for one flip through, I don't really want them in special bundles.

#142 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

People will be crying if this game is bad.

#143 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I'm buying it.

#144 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Here’s the full list of stuff in the Balls of Steel edition, as gathered by  Shacknews

• Collectible bust of the greatest ass-kicker of all-time  
  • Numbered limited edition certificate of authenticity 100-page hardcover book: 'History, Legacy & Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art from the Vault'  
  • Duke Nukem Forever postcard series  
  • Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem sticker  
  • Duke Nukem Forever collectable comic book  
  • Duke Nukem Forever foldable paper craft  
  • Duke Nukem Forever poker chips  
  • Duke Nukem Forever mini-card deck  
  • Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem dice

It's nice to see that they forgot to include the actual game in the Balls of Steel Edition :P.
#145 Posted by Three0neFive (2293 posts) -

dunno if it's already been mentioned, but that bust looks really, really small.

#146 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3966 posts) -

That's ridiculous!  That's a lot of collectible crap you have
to hold onto for 5 years or so before unloading on the geek
market (assuming anyone will actually buy it from you).

#147 Posted by zombieman (9 posts) -

Wish I had the money.

#148 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

I want the bust so that I can carve it into a mask. 
Imagine the possibilities....

#149 Posted by fullmetalbelmont (6 posts) -
@Andryan said:
This.
#150 Posted by maxim2boobles (52 posts) -

This will be my first good CE,  I wasted money on shitty Saints Row 2CE

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.