Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem Forever

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

After approximately fourteen years of development, the heavily infamous sequel to Duke Nukem 3D was finally released, in which the macho Duke must damper yet another alien invasion.

Duke Nukem Forever demo... why spoil it ?

kalakov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kalakov

Not sure about you folks... but, after waiting for DNF for almost a zillion years, are you willing to try to demo first before getting the full game ? I mean we all waited for the game for such a long time, why go spoil it on a demo ?

I will be avoiding all DNF videos all over the intranets till launch...
    KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KarlPilkington

The game will probably be poor anyway, may as well find out before you buy the game.

Could people cancel their pre-orders after playing the demo? Seems counter-productive to release a demo at all. 

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp

I'm with you, I don't know about swearing off of videos...

But I want to play it cold when it comes out.

...or as cold as a first-person shooter can be...

There's no way DNF is going to be innovative right? Or even good?

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Kandycane2029

I haven't really played any Duke Nukem games before, but I'm gonna pass on the demo and just jump in when the game comes out.  Does anyone think someone like me would even find any appeal in this game?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By BeachThunder

I'll probably only play the demo. I don't think I'm interested in actually playing the game :o

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By xpgamer7

Duke Nukem never really seems to have the best story... So why not?

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Daveyo520

Spoil.....   You already know what the game is and what it is about already.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By vidiot
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

If you're interested enough in the game to be buying it day one and don't want to ruin anything, then yeah, skip the demo.

Personally, I do think the game is going to be a bit of a disappointment, not necessarily bad, just probably not very good.

If you don't think you need to try it out before hand, just wait and what everyone else says about it.. If everyone says the demo is terrible, might be worth playing it yourself before you give them money.
    Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#11  Edited By Danteveli

Game will probably be medicore but I know I will lay it. No demo for me since I want to get all the jokes during real playthrough.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By damodar

What's with all the people not betting on Duke...

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Kyle

Yeah, I think anyone with a solid head on their shoulders realizes that there's a very real possibility that this game won't be good, thus a demo would be a very helpful tool in making that purchasing decision.

Wait a second...

@Damodar said:
    What's with all the people not betting on Duke...
    SHIT DUDE, YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT. I'm back on board. Always bet on Duke.
    kalakov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kalakov

I don't care if the game sucks, i'm just buying it so I can write on my tombstone, I have played DNF before I died...

also I will buy an extra copy and seal it in a time capsule.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AlexW00d

The game is going to be shit anyway so why they are releasing a demo is beyond me.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By musubi

I don't  understand why everyone thinks this game is going to be shit.  I mean its not like they aren't being completely transparent about what this game is which is pretty much most of what Duke 3D was just with HD graphics.   Quite honestly thats all Duke needs to be.   If you enjoyed Duke 3D you'll get some chuckles out of the game and most likely enjoy it.    This game isn't  trying to be innovative nor win over any new fans.   

Its been finished for the Duke 3D fans out there and the guys at 3D Realms that were so instrumental in helping start Randy Pitchford's career.  Your not a Duke 3D fan or a former employee of 3D realms then you probably don't care.
    thunderPIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By thunderPIN
    @Demoskinos said:
    I don't  understand why everyone thinks this game is going to be shit.  I mean its not like they aren't being completely transparent about what this game is which is pretty much most of what Duke 3D was just with HD graphics.   Quite honestly thats all Duke needs to be.   If you enjoyed Duke 3D you'll get some chuckles out of the game and most likely enjoy it.    This game isn't  trying to be innovative nor win over any new fans.   

Its been finished for the Duke 3D fans out there and the guys at 3D Realms that were so instrumental in helping start Randy Pitchford's career.  Your not a Duke 3D fan or a former employee of 3D realms then you probably don't care.
    I couldn't have said it better! The game doesn't take itself seriously which is a good thing. I'll admit it, I'm a huge Duke fan. I'm very excited about the game but I know it is not going to please every shooter fan. The game was made for the fan like me and the shooter fan that wants to sit back, not give a f*ck and have a fun time. It's not going to innovate but it is going to bring back certain elements that shooters of the last decade have been missing. Shrinking enemies or being shrunk yourself and having to navigate through areas and puzzles without getting stomped on. There's going to be more puzzle solving in order to advance through certain areas. There's also going to be that huge amount of interactivity with the environment that a lot of shooters these days do not have. I am really excited to attempt to discover the 300+ easter eggs that have been confirmed to be in the game.

I understand that people out there don't care about this game anymore because it's been in development for 13 years. That's fine and everything. But some of you that say this game is s*it would be the first ones in line to pick up a copy of a Zelda, Halo or Uncharted game that was 8-10 years in development hell.
    Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Vextroid

Knowing the history of this game, I'm going to play the demo to see if the game is worth my time and money.

(But i'll probably get it anyway as I have a low tolerance for 'Crappy' games. If not get it once its super-cheap)
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MikkaQ

Why are people saying it's going to be shit? It's in the hands of a very capable developer with a good sense of humor, sounds like a perfect match for duke to me. 

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @Demoskinos said:

Neither do I.

For a mindless, action-packed shooter it looks pretty good.
    time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By time allen

if you're going to buy a game, why wouldn't you play the demo first? i want to know whether or not it's worth the money. also: john st. john is a cool dude.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By metalmoog

I'm definitely going to play the demo, to affirm my thoughts that this game will never ever live up to the insane expectations placed up on it. It's going to be a cool novelty for about a week, maybe a month tops. My playing experience will probably go something like this:

"Oh cool new duke game."

"hahaha that's funny, oh look boobs."

"Oh game is finished now, well that was fun."

Take back to store and return it for something else.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Azteck

I couldn't care less about this game. I'll play the demo for the hell of it, and I'll never touch it again.

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By wickedsc3
    @XII_Sniper said:
    Why are people saying it's going to be shit? It's in the hands of a very capable developer with a good sense of humor, sounds like a perfect match for duke to me. 
    My thoughts exactly.  I'm sure a developer would know not to put out a demo if a game was crap.  Obviously they think they have a good product and that a demo would help draw people to buy it.  
    themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By themangalist
    @FancySoapsMan said:

@Demoskinos said:

Neither do I.For a mindless, action-packed shooter it looks pretty good.
    The market needs more of this. Fuck all those near-future middle-east military shooters. Let's go back to the 90's when games were actually about fun.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By nintendoeats

I have actually been kind of excited by everything that I have seen of DNF so far. I would like to keep my disappointment for when it actually comes out. So I guess I agree with OP.

I don't usually play demos anyway.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By nintendoeats

See, look at this. There is at least an outside chance that this game will be awesome. Maybe not 15 years of awesome, but awesome.

No Caption Provided
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28  Edited By Yanngc33

I'm gonna skip it, I don't want it spoiled and I don't want to have any opinions about it before I play the actual game

CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By CarpetRemnant

I've never played a Duke Nukem game but I've inadvertently followed the production of this game for so god damn long there is no way I'm not playing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.