Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem Forever

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

After approximately fourteen years of development, the heavily infamous sequel to Duke Nukem 3D was finally released, in which the macho Duke must damper yet another alien invasion.

Duke Nukem Forever multiplayer game type and perk ideas

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
    deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

If you have any ideas for multiplayer game types or perks in Duke Nukem Forever, post them here. 

A few to start: 

•  There should be a multiplayer game type where you get money from killing other players, and you have to use the money to pay strippers to give you blow jobs. Whoever has the most time getting a blow job by the end of the match is the winner. There could be a "follow" command where you could lead a stripper to a more easily defensible position, but the farther you take her, the more money it costs.
    • A perk for the above game type could be called "Balls of Steel." It would boost your resilience when receiving sex acts
    • If the boot were in the game, there could be a perk called "Boot and Shoot." You'd inflict bonus damage for booting someone and shooting them at the same time.
    • There could be a  team game type where everybody starts off small, as if they've been hit by a shrink ray. Teams would get points for simply killing members of the other team, but more points would be earned from finding an expander ray and using it to make your teammates grow so that they could squish enemies.
    • A friend of mine suggested an alternative to this: a player grows in size for each kill they get, making them worth more to kill.
    • Both of the above modes would have it so that the bigger you are, the quicker you are likely to be exploded by an expander ray.

Edit: If you don't like the idea of perks, do you have any ideas for different kinds of game modes?
    jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jayjonesjunior

why does it need to have perks? can't we have an original FPS once for god's sake?

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By timeshero
    @jayjonesjunior said:
    " why does it need to have perks? can't we have an original FPS once for god's sake? "
    If GB had a like button, I'd hit it on this. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayjonesjunior: @TimesHero:  I guess because I was bored. Perks aside, do you think the different game types are too much?
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By ch13696

Why does their have to be perks? I'm not shitting on your ideas. We just need something different from Call of Duty. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ch13696: I understand you're not shitting on my ideas. Thanks. The perks idea just popped into my head after thinking about some game types. Any thoughts on those? At the very least I know they aren't in Call of Duty. I don't typically play FPS games anyway. Maybe that's why I'm not so opposed to there being another game with perks.
    finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By finstern

Duke 3d already had Jetpacks, Hologram, Invisibilty and Sprint, just like Halo Reach, only as pick ups instead of loadouts, maybe the multiplayer will be better off that way? Sounds antiquated but there hasn't been anything like it in a good long time.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ch13696
    @ViciousAnchovy said:
    " @ch13696: I understand you're not shitting on my ideas. Thanks. The perks idea just popped into my head after thinking about some game types. Any thoughts on those? At the very least I know they aren't in Call of Duty. I don't typically play FPS games anyway. Maybe that's why I'm not so opposed to there being another game with perks. "
    It's tough. I'm thinking about this idea for awhile, but I'm not sure if it would be pulled off right. I think this idea is sort of like CTF. There's a boss that everyone would have to kill. The first person to kill him, grab his head, and deliver it back to a certain point, get's the point. However, other people can kill you to get the head also. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ch13696: I like the idea of the boss, and  I can imagine Duke running around with something's head. I guess the boss would be huge and it'd respawn in different places after its head was dropped in a goal? 

I think it could also be cool if the boss's head respawned after a certain amount of time, so part of each team would have stick near it while other people are chasing after the head. I think the concept of shitting down the boss's throat could be worked in there somehow, too.
    timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By timeshero

Duke Nukem is a Classic Shooter.  So "perks" and such will be laying around the map. (Atomic health, steroids, armor, jetpack, etc) I wouldn't be surprised if they attempted to modernize it by only letting you have one or 2 instead of one of everything.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ch13696
    @ViciousAnchovy said:
    " @ch13696: I like the idea of the boss, and  I can imagine Duke running around with something's head. I guess the boss would be huge and it'd respawn in different places after its head was dropped in a goal?  I think it could also be cool if the boss's head respawned after a certain amount of time, so part of each team would have stick near it while other people are chasing after the head. I think the concept of shitting down the boss's throat could be worked in there somehow, too. "
    But wouldn't it be better if the boss respawned somewhere else after someone gets the point? That way it keeps the excitement going. Also you can't just have the head respawning. It has to be the whole boss. Gotta make it difficult to get that head.
    TehJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TehJames
    @ViciousAnchovy said:
    " If you have any ideas for multiplayer game types or perks in Duke Nukem Forever, post them here. 

A few to start: 
    •  There should be a multiplayer game type where you get money from killing other players, and you have to use the money to pay strippers to give you blow jobs. Whoever has the most time getting a blow job by the end of the match is the winner. There could be a "follow" command where you could lead a stripper to a more easily defensible position, but the farther you take her, the more money it costs."

Thats won't happen but its a awesome idea.
    RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By RichardLOlson

One of the perks should be duke paying a dozen strippers to rush the other players and take them out.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Synthballs
    @TimesHero said:
    " @jayjonesjunior said:
    " why does it need to have perks? can't we have an original FPS once for god's sake? "
    If GB had a like button, I'd hit it on this.  "
    Wow. This. 
    AnotherDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By AnotherDuder
    @ViciousAnchovy: LOL?! Perks Duke Nuke? My good sir,if you don't stop fucking thinking Duke is some CoD rip-off,i will stick a shoe up your ass. I mean,DNF would be completely ruined!
    Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cloudleet
    @ViciousAnchovy said:
    " @ch13696: I like the idea of the boss, and  I can imagine Duke running around with something's head. I guess the boss would be huge and it'd respawn in different places after its head was dropped in a goal?  I think it could also be cool if the boss's head respawned after a certain amount of time, so part of each team would have stick near it while other people are chasing after the head. I think the concept of shitting down the boss's throat could be worked in there somehow, too. "
    That could be great, but, instead of a respawning head, the defending team has to get it back and staple it back on.
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By niamahai

all right i'll give it a go.

So instead of "Capture the Flag" you have "Capture the Stripper". 
    BUT this is not a once-cap-game-ends mode, it is more akin to the "Capture Multiple Flags" in Halo Reach.

Gameplay elements:
    . Stripper bearer are unable to shoot. Only offensive ability is Duke's BIG BOOT melee. 

.  For authentic stripper capturing experience, the stripper shall be held by the player via
    <> Carried by Duke via placing over the shoulder, hence stripper's ass is always towards the player
    *for reference purpose, please play Bioshock2 to see Lil Sister cradling animation

. To add atmosphere, stripper will taunt the bearer with the foulest off color jokes.

. Because we live in a society of equal opportunities, they will be a many different stripper models so that DNF does not enrage America's conservative base.
    Core stripper models:
    <> Race - black/white/asian/alien
    <> Sex - female/male
    <> Model type - normal/obese *Obsese stripper rewards player with more points, but will slow down movement
    <> NO TALIBAN

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By niamahai
    @ViciousAnchovy said:
    "A perk for the above game type could be called "Balls of Steel." It would boost your resilience when receiving sex acts
    this could be a game type by its own.

just like Reach SWAT (i think its this) - No shields, DMR only, 1 shot.

Except for DNF its - 1HP, No guns, Foot only, 1 kick to the nuts = Death.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@niamahai: I like that. Reminds me of Goldeneye's slapper mode, only aiming for a specific part of a target is rewarding.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Finstern: @TimesHero: You both make good points. It's been a long time since I played Duke Nukem, so I had forgotten about the various pickups. This helps me to understand why people are so opposed to the idea of perks in DNF. Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.