Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem Forever

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

After approximately fourteen years of development, the heavily infamous sequel to Duke Nukem 3D was finally released, in which the macho Duke must damper yet another alien invasion.

I've got Balls of Steel (edition)!

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Edited By jaqen_hghar

Yeah... I had kinda forgotten that I ordered this, so I let out a little groan when I read the mail from Play.com which said "Your order has been shipped!"

I was stoked back when it was announced, but the amount of flak the game got (and trying the demo myself) kinda changed that. But hell, I guess owning this little piece of videogaming history is somewhat fun. Since I live in little old Norway, I didn't get the package until today.

Here you got from left to right:

• Mini-cards, chips and dice. The cards are small, no special characters or art as far as I can tell.
    • Artbook cover.
    • Artbook page. The book seems to be the usual "how we made this", which can be interesting to read, as they go all the way back to when they started this 12 years ago.
    • Comic cover.
    • Random page of the comic. Was totally fine, nothing special. Just more of the Duke.
    • Some kinda cool postcards and a sticker.
    • The weirdest thing in the bunch, a papercraft Duke Nukem. I love papercraft, so I'll probably make this one some day. Should finish my real-sized Combat Shotgun first though...
    • And the best thing in the pack, the Duke Bust. It is pretty good actually, and it will fit in with the rest of my Special Edition Game Crap. Damn, I'm a sucker for these things it seems.

So yeah, there you have it. The pack also contained the game of course, which I installed and played some of. The loading times are really fast on PC, and the game is actually a lot more enjoyable than the demo so far. Not that far into it, just past the first shrunken driving section. Not going to bother to post a review once I am done with it, as everyone in the world have done so already, but so far I think it has been getting a bit more flak than it deserved. Hell, I even think some of the jokes have been funny.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jaqen_hghar

Yeah... I had kinda forgotten that I ordered this, so I let out a little groan when I read the mail from Play.com which said "Your order has been shipped!"

I was stoked back when it was announced, but the amount of flak the game got (and trying the demo myself) kinda changed that. But hell, I guess owning this little piece of videogaming history is somewhat fun. Since I live in little old Norway, I didn't get the package until today.

Here you got from left to right:

• Mini-cards, chips and dice. The cards are small, no special characters or art as far as I can tell.
    • Artbook cover.
    • Artbook page. The book seems to be the usual "how we made this", which can be interesting to read, as they go all the way back to when they started this 12 years ago.
    • Comic cover.
    • Random page of the comic. Was totally fine, nothing special. Just more of the Duke.
    • Some kinda cool postcards and a sticker.
    • The weirdest thing in the bunch, a papercraft Duke Nukem. I love papercraft, so I'll probably make this one some day. Should finish my real-sized Combat Shotgun first though...
    • And the best thing in the pack, the Duke Bust. It is pretty good actually, and it will fit in with the rest of my Special Edition Game Crap. Damn, I'm a sucker for these things it seems.

So yeah, there you have it. The pack also contained the game of course, which I installed and played some of. The loading times are really fast on PC, and the game is actually a lot more enjoyable than the demo so far. Not that far into it, just past the first shrunken driving section. Not going to bother to post a review once I am done with it, as everyone in the world have done so already, but so far I think it has been getting a bit more flak than it deserved. Hell, I even think some of the jokes have been funny.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By flaminghobo

Gotta love that bust.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I think there is a cream for that condition. 

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By lusence

yah the reviews just ruin the game. i usually never look at reviews until i finish a game if i play on finishing it. only reason i get into the review debate with this is cause it made the news... neways i personly glad to see when people give a good game props. DNF is a good game, almost wish i would of got the BOS for the swag if i collected that stuff.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#5  Edited By citizenkane

That collector's edition is worth it just for the bust alone.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By nintendoeats

I really wish that I could have afforded this.It looks really awesome. Much of it reminds me of the New Vegas special edition...

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jaqen_hghar

@FlamingHobo: @CitizenKane: Yeah, the more I think about it the less I regret this. The bust is of really good quality. It's going to fit nicely together with my Minas Tirith Miniature and Ezio Figurine.

@The_Laughing_Man: Hey, how am I going to lure the babes back to my crib then? Nothing can take my Balls away!

@lusence: I do agree with some of the things people say, but I don't really care if it has mostly bad jokes, "old" gameplay and not the best graphics. I am having fun with it so far, so it was a decent buy. From reading all the reviews and seeing the quicklook I kinda knew I would enjoy it enough anyway. But yeah, collectors editions are always expensive, and I couldn't really afford it now. Which was the main reason I really regretted not remembering I had it pre-ordered.

@nintendoeats: Oh, how I drooled over the New Vegas Collectors Edition! I bought the Fallout 3 one, but I couldn't afford NV when it got released. I can't really afford games at the moment at all...

I realize that it seems I buy every Collectors Edition I can, but I only buy ones of games I really love. Like Assassins Creed, Fallout, Halo:Reach (which had one of the best Special Editions ever). And since I have fond memories of Duke 3D back when I was new to gaming, I really needed this one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.