Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem Forever

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

After approximately fourteen years of development, the heavily infamous sequel to Duke Nukem 3D was finally released, in which the macho Duke must damper yet another alien invasion.

Should I install?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By laserbolts

So I'm playing on the 360 and there are some serious loading issues in this game. Would installing make it much better or should I even bother? By the way this game is pretty shit so far.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#2  Edited By Hector

You shouldn't even be playing the game to begin with...

astrodoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By astrodoggy

I heard if you instal it it somehow get's slower... don't ask me how, the game is just THAT shitty!
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60

Why did you get it on 360? If you wanted to play it you should've gotten it on PC. 

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By napalm
    @laserbolts: Installing doesn't matter. The game doesn't look any better, and the load times are still a solid sixty seconds or so.
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By laserbolts
    @CL60 I don't have a pc capable of doing any real gaming on. Getting a beast for bf3 before it come out though...@Hector Ive come to that realization..@Napalm yeah it is ridiculously bad. I die instantly from a dude throwing a barrel at me and I have to sit around waiting forever. Why the fuck am I playing this?
    Avatar image for the_r0n1n_named_47
    the_r0n1n_named_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

i say dont install.... i played through the entire game with those crappy load times (really my ONLY complaint about the game) and i loved every second of it (the gameplay not the load screen lol), oh and it doesnt change much as far as load times when you do install

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx

@laserbolts said:

So I'm playing on the 360 and there are some serious loading issues in this game. Would installing make it much better or should I even bother? By the way this game is pretty shit so far.

It's a good idea to be installing everything to the 360 when possible since many games are taking advantage of this feature. DNF's load times do not improve, however, from disc to HDD. It DOES help with texture loading. With it installed you'll see virtually no pop or fade-in texture mapping.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By louiedog

People at cheapassgamer.com have been keeping a list of games, their install size, and how much of an effect it has on their load times. 

link

It's not super scientific with multiple people testing multiple loading times during the games, but it gives you a good idea. They say that DNF is actually worse installed.

Of course adding 3-4 seconds onto really long load times isn't a huge deal. I always install because I've personally seen a number of drives die on both the original Xbox and the 360. I'd rather reduce the amount of wear and tear by installing my games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.