Stay here for know more

#1 Posted by jackshan (17 posts) -

In the initial few moments of Duke Nukem Forever, your character pees in a very urinal and then earns an achievement for reaching into a rest room and extracting a bit of human excrement. Why will the sport reward you for doing this? I actually have no plan. it is not a part of a joke or vital to the story; the designers of the sport apparently feel that you just would miss out by not holding some poo in your virtual hand.

There's a feeling among some fans of Duke Nukem that anyone who dares to grant a nasty review to a Duke title merely does not perceive what the sport is making an attempt to try to to. we'd like to relax, goes the argument, relax enough to taunt the rampant misogyny and hateful stereotypes on show throughout the sport. If a review suggests that it is not funny merely to listen to somebody use dirty words, that is the reviewer's failing, not a problem with the sport. Any hint that constant jokes concerning penis size are not the peak of comedy? The reviewer should not have a way of humor.

The fans are wrong. One will taunt jokes concerning men and ladies, and there is nothing wrong with being risque, however Duke is thoughtless, backwards, and belligerent. Duke Nukem Forever is that the quite game where you discover a pack of cigarettes whose cowl shows a mustached man carrying leather—and they are referred to as "Faggs." At some purpose, matters of non-public style become straightforward queries of basic decency.

#2 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Fuck

#3 Posted by GorillaSalad (22 posts) -

I love this. I have no idea what the fuck it is, but I love it.

#4 Posted by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -

Whoa... what just happened?

#5 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

I don't even.

#6 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

This seems like some Chinese->English babelfish translation right here.

#7 Posted by CommodoreGroovy (548 posts) -

Wasn't even aware that DNF had any fans, much less people who actually liked it.

#8 Posted by TehBuLL (591 posts) -

...I gotta stop drinkin...

#9 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

@jackshan said:

The reviewer should not have a way of humor.

Word

#10 Edited by TruthTellah (8529 posts) -

Did... did Giant Bomb just become an early 90s JRPG?

I mean, I think I agree with him, but uh...

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin glue.
#11 Posted by Djratchet (668 posts) -

uh... okay?

#12 Posted by Navyseils (164 posts) -

@GorillaSalad said:

I love this. I have no idea what the fuck it is, but I love it.

I agree whole-heartedly.

Late entrant for thread of the year?

#13 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

You sound like a pretty smart dude who is not very good at English.

#14 Posted by TruthTellah (8529 posts) -

@HaltIamReptar said:

You sound like a pretty smart dude who is not very good at English.

I agree. I may make a joke or two, but I definitely don't think his issues with English are indicative of an lacking in his quality of thought here. I do wish it was somewhat less stilted, but then, it certainly gets the point across well enough. I hope he'll continue to improve his english through posting more and more here on GiantBomb. :)

#15 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Listen to this while reading. It goes much better.

#16 Posted by niko555 (118 posts) -

you think you know what they are saying but you dont.

#17 Posted by jackshan (17 posts) -

Here is the new arrival of Duke Nukem Forever video enjoy!!!

#18 Posted by Korwin (2825 posts) -

This is the most incredible thing I've seen since 2 o'clock this afternoon.

#19 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

this is the best

#20 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

what the fuck is this shit?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.