Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem Forever

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

After approximately fourteen years of development, the heavily infamous sequel to Duke Nukem 3D was finally released, in which the macho Duke must damper yet another alien invasion.

THE VERDICT: What do you think of Duke Nukem Forever?

• 59 results
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

This is Duke Nukem Forever, the sequel to the 1996 PC FPS Duke Nukem 3D in the PC FPS franchise "Duke Nukem
    It's been in development for over 10 years, there was a lot of studio drama involved, the times have changed and it has now come out, bewildered by the video game mechanics and approaches of today, and also by the platform popularity changes. 

No Caption Provided

I watched the Quick Look, i thought the game was pathetic.  
    I watched a couple of reviews on Youtube, I thought the game was pathetic. 
    I listened to Duke speak in the game, and watched him shoot and travel and slap wall boobs, I thought the game was seriously pathetic. 
    When i discussed the game with a couple of Steam friends, i was clearly off-put and disgusted by this crappy excuse of a game. 

Now that i have it running on my PC, playing it first hand, the only thought i have is: this game is so much fun.  
    • Why did I think it's ugly at first? because console-based reviewers led me to believe that it is. This game was ported to consoles, and therefore the console version is not the ideal version to review. The PC version looks great . I don't see anyone basing their GTA IV verdict on the ugly PC port, so why are we basing our opinion of DNF's visuals based on the console port ?
    • Why did i think the gameplay sucked? because console-based reviewers said so. Playing it on M+KB now, i'm having a total blast with these controls!
    • Why did i think the game is so shitty it takes 40 seconds to load up? because console-based reviewers told me so. It takes 10-15 seconds max on my PC.  
    • Why did i think that Duke sounded pathetic and is trying too hard in this game? because the short QL/review footage led me to believe that. Now that i'm playing it in real time, I find myself chuckling every now and then, or thinking "Duke is still as badass!"

Duke Nukem Forever, I'm sorry for judging you without trying you.  
    This game is extremely fun, looks great, runs great, loads up quick, has all kinds of action, heartwarming retro platforming and a hilarious ass-kicking character.  Not to mention the retarded NPCs who add to the crazy and humor of it all.  
    Just finished the first RC car sequence and i loved it! totally blood pumping.

What are your thoughts on DNF, and on what platform are you playing it?  

-------------------------------------------------------------

Pro-tip for those who don't like it:  

This game isn't meant to be funny. Duke Nukem is not a stand up comedian.. It's our fault for expecting him to be hilarious just because his one-liners got blown out of proportion on the internet. 
    The moment you realize this is a shooter with the occasional funny line, rather than a funny shooter, you'll realize it's good at what it does.
    KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By KarlPilkington

Where's the option for stopping people making threads about DNF?

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BrockNRolla
    @Chabbs0: Exactly. It's done. Let's all please forget about it.
    shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By shinigami420

The worst 360 game this year its fucking horrible only people with bad taste in games or rednecks would have any form of fun playing this shitty game

This is not my opinion this is FACT!!!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Chabbs0 said:

@BrockNRolla said:
    This is the thread to end all threads. Look at the title- "The verdict". 
    The game has been out for a week, what the hell is "done" about it? Had it been done, i wouldn't have changed my opinion completely after playing the game. But here you see me praising the game after i harshly criticized it during the last week. 

Nothing is done. tons of people are yet to play the game, and tons of people are yet to realize that lazy ass reviewers based their reviewers on a console port, rather than the lead version. 
    Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Cwaff

I played it on PC and while I felt guilty about enjoying it in places and didn't find it particularly funny, I had a really fun time playing through it.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Barrock

Played on the 360. It was adequate.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Haven't played it, and never will.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BrockNRolla
    @Ahmad_Metallic said: 
    This is the thread to end all threads. Look at the title- "The verdict". The game has been out for a week, what the hell is "done" about it? Had it been done, i wouldn't have changed my opinion completely after playing the game. But here you see me praising the game after i harshly criticized it during the last week.  Nothing is done. tons of people are yet to play the game, and tons of people are yet to realize that lazy ass reviewers based their reviewers on a console port, rather than the lead version. 
    Yes, you've made your "pro-pc, pro-duke" campaign painfully clear. I'd say that it's "done" because after a week, it sits at an average metactitic score of 49%. You, and every person, is welcome to their opinion, but the general concensus is that Duke isn't any good. Stick a fork in it.
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Subjugation

Decent enough on pc.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Yanngc33

Terrible on 360

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By ssj4raditz

Played it on 360. Liked it well enough. Looking forward to what Gearbox can do with the IP in the future.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RsistncE
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @Chabbs0 said:

@BrockNRolla said:
    This is the thread to end all threads. Look at the title- "The verdict". The game has been out for a week, what the hell is "done" about it? Had it been done, i wouldn't have changed my opinion completely after playing the game. But here you see me praising the game after i harshly criticized it during the last week.  Nothing is done. tons of people are yet to play the game, and tons of people are yet to realize that lazy ass reviewers based their reviewers on a console port, rather than the lead version. 
    Dude...seriously? I played through the demo and then through a couple hours of the full retail version on PC...and honestly, it is one of the most pitifully mediocre (at times downright shit) FPS' to have come out in recent memory. I fail to see how anyone could say this game is good in any way.
    beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By beforet

I miss the jokes. Half-Life Ep. 3 doesn't have such an exploitable acronym.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By supermonkey122

Played it on 360. liked it

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By WickedCestus

I saw the Quick Look, and watched the ending on Youtube. I don't want to play it.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Catarrhal

Despite having enjoyed the demo on PlayStation 3, I've quickly come to the conclusion that Duke was meant to be enjoyed with a proper keyboard & mouse setup; no exceptions! Admittedly--prior to the release of Killzone 2, I used to be one of those guys who refused to play FPS on consoles, and Duke Nukem Forever hearkens back to those days in the most unapologetic way possible. At this point, I'm not sure if I can even finish the game.

I'm afraid Jeff Gerstmann is exactly correct in his assertion that this game would had to have come out before Halo to be considered any good.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @BrockNRolla said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said: 

Yes, you've made your "pro-pc, pro-duke" campaign painfully clear. I'd say that it's "done" because after a week, it sits at an average metactitic score of 49%. You, and every person, is welcome to their opinion, but the general concensus is that Duke isn't any good. Stick a fork in it.
    The way i see it, there are two kinds of video game players in the world: The ones who base their opinions on metacritic scores and reviews (and their comment boards) and the "general consensus" (Everyone thinks it sucks, and therefore it sucks). And those who are here because they want to play video games and enjoy them. Sure, they consider the opinions and reviews of professionals, and they keep the general consensus in mind, but they also realize that video game enjoyment always differs from one person to another. 
    Clearly you're from the first group, and just like you respect my opinion, i'll respect yours. But don't have the nerve to tell me or any laid back gamer who wants to try video games and see whether they click with him/her or not, to stop talking about said video game. I expect several hundred people to try the game in the next couple of yours and realize that it's simply fun, are you gonna be there to tell all those people to not talk about the game they're enjoying because it's been decided that it sucks? Who the fuck are you, or any reviewer for that matter? As long as the game is being played and enjoyed, people are gonna discuss it, nothing died and nothing ended, I've never heard of these rules that forbid discussing a game based on a metactiric score.

@RsistncE said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@Chabbs0 said:

@BrockNRolla said:
    Dude...seriously? I played through the demo and then through a couple hours of the full retail version on PC...and honestly, it is one of the most pitifully mediocre (at times downright shit) FPS' to have come out in recent memory. I fail to see how anyone could say this game is good in any way.
    I agree with you. As long as you approach it like that (expecting the action to be real solid and modern and advanced, and expecting Duke to be funnier than insult comics), yes, it'll keep failing you because it's not that good.
    But once you approach it as an old outdated project which is nothing more than a fun shooter ride to enjoy, you begin to see how entertaining it is, and start having fun. 

This isn't the new Halo, it's an old title that is finally out. There's a big difference and you're not supposed to expect a lot, only enough for you to have good fun.
    C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By C0V3RT

I played it on the 360.

I think some of the criticisms that Jeff may have said in his are fair, but don't think it's as awful as some people are making it out to be. If this game would have come out 12 years ago, everyone would be talking about how ambitious it is, but since it didn't - it's simply a mediocre shooter with stale dialogue. Truthfully, the only thing unbearable about the game was it's load times.

I rented it from Red Box and beat it in 2 nights and would recommend it to anyone who is willing to play under two conditions. The first is that they have at least an appreciation of the games storied development history. The second being they play with the understanding that it's not a finished game by today's standards and can overlook the graphical shortcomings and substandard gameplay.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RsistncE
    @Ahmad_Metallic: I'd agree with you 100%...if the game wasn't priced at $60. As you said this is essentially an old game that only just got released. If this is the case why are we paying so much for it? I mean technically since there are a lot of shitty games that come out we could also forgive them for their obvious flaws and try to take them in in a much more simplistic manner; however, the fact of the matter is that we pay a lot for games and price point is part of the reason that we're not so accepting of "lesser" games. As a result, at $60, DNF just isn't a great game (at least for me and the majority of people). 

EDIT: Just wanted to make it clear though that if there are people who enjoy it then more power to them...as for me, I played it, and I thought it was a pretty bad game.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Shadow

I will continue to not like Duke Nukem...Forever

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Kyreo

Dog shit.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hot_Karl

Duke Nukem on the consoles is kind of a terrible game. I enjoy parts, most of it, I don't like. But I gotta admit, I'm still a fan of the character & I can't wait to see what they have in store for the next game.

Revenant86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Revenant86

I took a Crap and went to the hardware store... then i bought a hammer and smashed this awful turd

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Slurpelve

Cool rent, but after that sorry no.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By toowalrus

I played about 5 hours of it before shutting it off. I loved all of the parts where Duke is actually speaking, but every other part is too boring to make me want to keep playing.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I have never played a Duke Nukem game, but I'd rather buy and play Duke Nukem 3D instead.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BrockNRolla
    @Ahmad_Metallic said: 
    The way i see it, there are two kinds of video game players in the world: The ones who base their opinions on metacritic scores and reviews (and their comment boards) and the "general consensus" (Everyone thinks it sucks, and therefore it sucks). And those who are here because they want to play video games and enjoy them. Sure, they consider the opinions and reviews of professionals, and they keep the general consensus in mind, but they also realize that video game enjoyment always differs from one person to another.  

Clearly you're from the first group, and just like you respect my opinion, i'll respect yours. But don't have the nerve to tell me or any laid back gamer who wants to try video games and see whether they click with him/her or not, to stop talking about said video game. I expect several hundred people to try the game in the next couple of yours and realize that it's simply fun, are you gonna be there to tell all those people to not talk about the game they're enjoying because it's been decided that it sucks? Who the fuck are you, or any reviewer for that matter? As long as the game is being played and enjoyed, people are gonna discuss it, nothing died and nothing ended, I've never heard of these rules that forbid discussing a game based on a metactiric score.

I appreciate your passion for the issue, though not your generalizations about people who find criticism as whole to be an important tool to vet the good from the bad in the video game industry. For the record, I do not begrudge your playing or enjoyment of Duke; my only desire is to stop hearing about the game.

Duke has had 15+ years of video game coverage and development, and the product that was delivered, regardless of your personal opinion about it, was not worth that wait. That is the general consensus, and it seems a bit unfair to claim that these reviewers are somehow below your own opinions. While I'm sure a metacritic score might make you feel embattled if it doesn't go your way, it doesn't mean the number is worthless, or that people's consideration of such numbers isn't totally relevant to the conversation. I've formed my own opinion about Duke beyond these scores. I believe the game mechanics and level designs feel uninspired and out of touch with the evolution of the fps. But more than that, I think Duke is poorly written, poorly delivered, and generally offensive to my sensibilities. That isn't to say someone couldn't see it differently, but just because my opinion falls in with the crowd at large doesn't make it less valid.

It's great that you enjoyed it, but the same as you're allowed to proffer your opinions, allow others like myself to offer our own; mine being that Duke is played out and we should move on with our lives. The sentiment has been echoed on the Bombcast as well. It's hardly a unique idea. Defend your game, but watch it on the vitriol. It's really just not very nice.
    Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#30  Edited By Legend

Porting it to consoles was a mistake. The game is pretty good on PC, and should've been a PC exclusive.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Legend said:
    Porting it to consoles was a mistake. The game is pretty good on PC, and should've been a PC exclusive.
    Do the better textures really make up for the poor design, dated gameplay and unfunny humour?  
    I'll never understand the elitest PC gamer mind.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NekuSakuraba

The game was a lot of fun.

wintermute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By wintermute

@BrockNRolla said:

I appreciate your passion for the issue, though not your generalizations about people who find criticism as whole to be an important tool to vet the good from the bad in the video game industry. For the record, I do not begrudge your playing or enjoyment of Duke; my only desire is to stop hearing about the game.

If you want to stop hearing about the game, then you should probably stop reading forum threads about it. Let's break this down:

1. Someone starts a thread titled "What do you think of Duke Nukem Forever?"
    2. You click on that link and see the posts in the thread
    3. You write a post stating that you are tired of reading about DNF and you want everyone else to move on.

This thread is about people's opinions of the game. So, for him to make a post stating he enjoyed it is absolutely on-topic for this thread. Likewise, you stating that you didn't enjoy it is also on-topic. But when you then say that people should stop making forum threads or discussing the game in any way, that is unreasonable. There are many old games that have been out for a long time, yet people still enjoy playing them --- and still enjoy discussing them --- much like movie fans still enjoy discussing The Godfather or Manos: The Hands of Fate.

Duke has had 15+ years of video game coverage and development,

That is a fact.

and the product that was delivered, regardless of your personal opinion about it, was not worth that wait.

That it was "not worth that wait" is an opinion and not a fact. Just putting that out there.

I believe the game mechanics and level designs feel uninspired and out of touch with the evolution of the fps. But more than that, I think Duke is poorly written, poorly delivered, and generally offensive to my sensibilities.

Fair enough, that is your personal opinion of it. These opinions are what this thread is about.

That isn't to say someone couldn't see it differently, but just because my opinion falls in with the crowd at large doesn't make it less valid.

I completely agree.

It's great that you enjoyed it, but the same as you're allowed to proffer your opinions, allow others like myself to offer our own; mine being that Duke is played out and we should move on with our lives.

Nobody has told you not to proffer your opinion, the very title of this thread asks for your opinion about the game. What's hypocritical about your post is that you are the one telling everyone else in this thread they should not offer their opinions about the game but should instead "move on" with life, as if that were some sort of dichotomy.

For the record, I haven't played DNF so I don't personally have an opinion about the game. I started reading this thread because I want to find out the general consensus about it among Giant Bomb community members.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    @Legend said:
    Do the better textures really make up for the poor design, dated gameplay and unfunny humour?  I'll never understand the elitest PC gamer mind.
    Please read the OP.. 

what is the criticism for DNF ? 
    1. Slow loading times 
    2. Poor gameplay and level design 
    3. Ugly graphics 
    4. Bad, bland controls 

The slow loading times, bad controls and the ugly graphics do not exist on the PC. the game loads up in 10-15 seconds and for the most part has goodlooking visuals. In addition to the mouse & keyboard controlling it the way a duke nukem game should control on PC. 
    And about the poor gameplay and level design, the game is not a new IP, nor is it a high budget triple AAA installment in a big franchise. It's an old outdated project from another era that finally got out.  

The only bad thing about this game is the price tag is doesn't deserve, if it were being sold for 40 or 50 bucks, i'd say this game is spot on. The gameplay is fun, the action is fun, the interactions with the world are entertaining, the character is witty and gives you the occasional chuckle, the NPCs are retarded in an amusing way, there's actiony RC car driving and challenging retro 3D platforming  

What's elitist about all that? And don't think that i'm trying to gain your acceptance, i'm a hair away from telling you to go fuck yourself for using that stereotype against us.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Ahmad_Metallic: I've never seen anyone complain about the controls, infact I played the game on the PC using a controller. Slow load times are an issue on the 360, I hear.. but not a complete game killer. The core problems with the game (i.e. terrible design, mish-mash of development styles and dated gameplay) aren't any better on one platform over another.

And yes, I generally use my PC to play games, I use it a lot more than any other system, so if you want you could label me a PC gamer. But I'm very much against the attitude of "PC = best and anything on the PC is automatically superior", which is very obviously what certain users are intending. If you don't want to be stereotyped, don't be a fanboy.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I'll admit that Duke seems like a very interesting character I'd enjoy playing as, having said that, I didn't and probably won't play the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheDudeOfGaming said:
    I'll admit that Duke seems like a very interesting character I'd enjoy playing as, having said that, I didn't and probably won't play the game.
    Haha. 

I just played the demo and it was worse than my massively lowered expectations. Whoever said that the loading times are just long enough to remind you that you could be doing literally anything else is absolutely right.
    Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Nasos100

this games sucks ass 
    this is THE verdict

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BrockNRolla
    @mr_shoeless said: 

This thread is about people's opinions of the game. So, for him to make a post stating he enjoyed it is absolutely on-topic for this thread. Likewise, you stating that you didn't enjoy it is also on-topic. But when you then say that people should stop making forum threads or discussing the game in any way, that is unreasonable. There are many old games that have been out for a long time, yet people still enjoy playing them --- and still enjoy discussing them --- much like movie fans still enjoy discussing The Godfather or Manos: The Hands of Fate.

Nobody has told you not to proffer your opinion, the very title of this thread asks for your opinion about the game. What's hypocritical about your post is that you are the one telling everyone else in this thread they should not offer their opinions about the game but should instead "move on" with life, as if that were some sort of dichotomy.

I think my phrasing on the issue lacked the proper delivery. In stating that I wish people would "move on", I was attempting to reiterate my opinion that Duke isn't a good game, as in "It's so bad that I wish I would stop hearing about it." But I, like you, was interested as well to see another's perspective. I've no problem with people discussing whatever game they choose, and I didn't intend to make a separate point that folks shouldn't talk about some games due to their quality. I do think though that a verdict exists, as in the concesus is "done", just as we have a critical consensus in both The Godfather and Manos. We should feel free to discuss those opinions along with our own. 
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By napalm
    @Ahmad_Metallic: Duke Nukem Forever isn't awful. It sits right under competent, and that's because it has some pacing issues, has serious graphical issues, and has some puzzle issues. The core shooting is still fun as hell, and the executions and final boss executions are ludicrously satisfying.
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#41  Edited By musubi

I really liked it.   It has flaws but  just because a game is "bad" on the technical side doesn't mean its not "fun" to play.   Fun is subjective and I thought this game was fun.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#42  Edited By Vinny_Says

What part did you enjoy so much? The platforming? The one-liners? The ugly graphics? (Yeah they might look sharp on your high tech million dollar PC but the game just looks a dirty shade of poop overall)

I've watched PC LPs on youtube, and all I got from them was the stuff I mentioned and lame encounters against space pigs....I haven't played it but I want to know, I want to know why you like it but your poll says otherwise.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By napalm
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    I haven't played it
    Stop talking.
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I like that there are wall-mounted boobs in it.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#45  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Napalm: so....other than being a dick, could you answer my question? Sell me on this game because apparently the "reviewers" can't seem to do the job.  
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    ....I haven't played it but I want to know, I want to know why you like it but your poll says otherwise. 

Maybe you forgot to read this part of my comment?
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By napalm
    @blacklabeldomm: You've already got it into your head that the game is shit, and you have a colored opinion by other opinions other than truly your own, so there is no reason to "convince" you when you're set on a viewpoint already that isn't going to change. 

Play it yourself and form your own opinion.
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    Nothing is done. tons of people are yet to play the game, and tons of people are yet to realize that lazy ass reviewers based their reviewers on a console port, rather than the lead version. 
    Most were only given the 360 version.  They aren't lazy they did their jobs and your mad because the don't agree with you (the old cliché)  or because they couldn't play the version your playing.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    @Napalm: so....other than being a dick, could you answer my question? Sell me on this game because apparently the "reviewers" can't seem to do the job.  
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    ....I haven't played it but I want to know, I want to know why you like it but your poll says otherwise. 

Maybe you forgot to read this part of my comment?
    Maybe you can read the OP? I'm not being a dick, the OP answers that question you repeated five times there 

also, this post : 
     @Ahmad_Metallic said: 
    what is the criticism for DNF ? 1. Slow loading times 2. Poor gameplay and level design 3. Ugly graphics 4. Bad, bland controls  The slow loading times, bad controls and the ugly graphics do not exist on the PC. the game loads up in 10-15 seconds and for the most part has goodlooking visuals. In addition to the mouse & keyboard controlling it the way a duke nukem game should control on PC. And about the poor gameplay and level design, the game is not a new IP, nor is it a high budget triple AAA installment in a big franchise. It's an old outdated project from another era that finally got out.   The only bad thing about this game is the price tag is doesn't deserve, if it were being sold for 40 or 50 bucks, i'd say this game is spot on. The gameplay is fun, the action is fun, the interactions with the world are entertaining, the character is witty and gives you the occasional chuckle, the NPCs are retarded in an amusing way, there's actiony RC car driving and challenging retro 3D platforming   

and Napalm is kinda right. I was asking your "why would you like this shitty game" question when i hadn't played it yet, then when i did, I understood that we were looking for the wrong things. DNF is not a comedy shooter, which is why we shouldn't expect to be laughing. It also is not a top of the line triple AAA high production cutting-edge tech title, it's an old tired project from another era, and once you stop expecting greatness (but rather a good time), you start getting there
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @SethPhotopoulos said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

Most were only given the 360 version.  They aren't lazy they did their jobs and your mad because the don't agree with you (the old cliché)  or because they couldn't play the version your playing.
    Halo 5 comes out on X720 and PS4 in 2015. in 2015, the Playsation became number 1 again (like the PS2's glory), and therefore most reviewers review the PS4 version of Halo 5, and they decide the game is bad.
    Is that OK to you? Isn't a Halo game best reviewed on it's home platform ? The X720 version is solid, and the PS4 port is crippled, yet they base their opinion on the crippled version because it's on their console of choice. Does that make sense? 

Edit: OK let me rephrase: Not because the PS4 is their platform of choice, but because it's the only review version they got. Do they go "Well, we received the PS4 version, and it sucks, therefore the game sucks" ? What about the lead version? Do they not pursue it to decide whether the game actually sucks or not ?
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By napalm
    @Ahmad_Metallic: But, that's what this blacklebeldomm fellow wants. He wants you to explain why it's competent, just for him to point to other peoples' opinions tell you that you're wrong and then accuse you of failing to "convince" him. It's a vicious cycle by retards who roam the internet. Throw it in the can, tell him to get bent and call it a day. 

Don't waste any more of your time on this garbage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.