Want More Duke Nukem Forever? Anyone? Anyone?

• 146 results
Posted by patrickklepek (3504 posts) -

The crazy $5 deal on Duke Nukem Forever at Best Buy has come and gone, but it’s not like the game will cost you very much anywhere else if you still find yourself morbidly interested in how that project turned out.

Once you’ve done that, you may not be interested in playing more, but, well, the option is available, as 2K Games today announced The Doctor Who Cloned Me, a single-player add-on set in Area 51.

The Doctor Who Cloned me costs $9.99, launches everywhere on December 13, and includes new enemies, bosses, weapons, achievements and additional places to interact with for an ego boost. There are also four multiplayer maps--Sky-High, Command, Drop Zone, Biohazard--to run around in.

News!

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (3504 posts) -

The crazy $5 deal on Duke Nukem Forever at Best Buy has come and gone, but it’s not like the game will cost you very much anywhere else if you still find yourself morbidly interested in how that project turned out.

Once you’ve done that, you may not be interested in playing more, but, well, the option is available, as 2K Games today announced The Doctor Who Cloned Me, a single-player add-on set in Area 51.

The Doctor Who Cloned me costs $9.99, launches everywhere on December 13, and includes new enemies, bosses, weapons, achievements and additional places to interact with for an ego boost. There are also four multiplayer maps--Sky-High, Command, Drop Zone, Biohazard--to run around in.

News!

Staff
#2 Edited by phish09 (1109 posts) -

Nice...lol/....so this DLC costs the same amount that many retailers are selling the full game for...good luck with that 2K.

2K should man up and gift this to the people who they duped and got to pay their hard earned money for this garbage.

Maybe they would have to charge 80 MSP for the XBOX version, but anymore than that is just kicking their customers while they are down.

#3 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -

Pass... obviously.

#4 Posted by RE_Player1 (7551 posts) -

Add on content of the year...

#5 Posted by iAmJohn (6110 posts) -

I didn't want Duke Nuken Foever in the first place.

#6 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

I'll get it. I'm one of those who enjoyed the game, that is, on PC. I think it nailed what Duke 3d was all about.
#7 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1697 posts) -

This being single-player content actually developed by Gearbox has me infinitely more interested in this than I otherwise would be.

#8 Posted by 20ozmonkey (116 posts) -

If this was entirely made by Gearbox then it might be quite as bad as the game itself.

#9 Posted by pwnmachine (394 posts) -

This game got a lot more hate than it deserved. Provided all the shit it went through I am surprised it even was released.

#10 Posted by BeachThunder (11716 posts) -

@OneKillWonder said:

This being single-player content actually developed by Gearbox has me infinitely more interested in this than I otherwise would be.

Yup; 3/4ths of the Borderlands DLC was actually pretty good (especially Knoxx).

#11 Posted by jamessmarion (46 posts) -

Is it possible that, since this may have been developed completely in-house, gearbox has made something great?

#12 Posted by Shaka999 (456 posts) -

Goddamnit. I almost had that game S-ranked too, now they want to ruin that?

Thanks a lot 2k...

#13 Posted by freakin9 (1102 posts) -

While nurse booby slapping isn't confirmed, it's assumed.

#14 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1395 posts) -

Well, at least they are trying.

#15 Posted by Zidd (1838 posts) -

I'll check it out. I thought the game was pretty ok for what the game went through during its time in development.

#16 Posted by DJMattB241 (59 posts) -

I swear to god if that was an intentional Doctor Who joke, I will punch this game in the damn face.

#17 Posted by Demoskinos (14579 posts) -

I'll play it. Bought duke on launch day and have no regrets its not nearly as bad as people make it out to be especially if your playing the PC version like god intended.

#18 Posted by Catlicker (155 posts) -

I don't want that game on my steam account. I loved DN3D back in the day, and I don't want to tarnish that memory with this piece of crap.

#19 Posted by Gordo789 (355 posts) -

I don't think I could be bothered to play duke nukem forever at any price. they'd have to pay ME.

#20 Posted by DharmaBum (1048 posts) -

Crickets.

#21 Posted by NarficAcid (85 posts) -

Is it wrong that I want to buy this just to preserve my S Rank?

#22 Posted by Babylonian (837 posts) -

@OneKillWonder said:

That's actually a pretty good point. I wonder how this is gonna turn out?

#23 Edited by BisonHero (6229 posts) -

@Babylonian said:

@OneKillWonder said:

That's actually a pretty good point. I wonder how this is gonna turn out?

A part of me is deeply concerned that maybe this is one of the levels that was half-finished when Gearbox got the rights to the game, and it didn't make the final cut for the retail version of the game. Then, a few months after the game comes out, and it still hasn't sold nearly enough to break even, 2K is desperate to make a few more bucks, and asks Gearbox to quickly spruce up one of the levels they cut. And this is that level.

I hope I'm proven wrong, and that it's entirely new content, but making entirely new content seems like such a waste of resources for a game that just about everybody hates.

#24 Posted by JoeyRavn (4949 posts) -

I enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever, I'll get this DLC. I didn't like Bastion, not one bit, but you don't see me complaining about the new DLC for that game. Live and let live.

#25 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

To be fair, this will be recently created content. Forever's biggest drawback was how out of date a load of the gameplay mechanics are (non-obvious map design, jump pads etc) so something that was made for this generation should be better... I guess. Hopefully the writing won't be as shitty.

#26 Posted by NMC2008 (1231 posts) -

Well I just bought DNF for $5.43 so we'll see, I doubt it though, I am doubting I will even make it through DNF.

#27 Edited by GreggD (4480 posts) -

I'm actually looking forward to this. The story is a throwback to the first game's storyline.

#28 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Given that many of the problems with DNF came from it's lineage, it is theoretically possible that this DLC will actually be OK.

#29 Posted by JackSukeru (5906 posts) -

You'll start at Area 51 and make your way up through areas 52-69 no doubt.

#30 Posted by Mystyr_E (1189 posts) -

even if this DLC actually turns out to be Gearbox-caliber DLC, I'm not spending any money on DNF solely to get access to this.

#31 Posted by NextMemory (1 posts) -

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

#32 Posted by Gordy (203 posts) -

@DJMattB241 said:

I swear to god if that was an intentional Doctor Who joke, I will punch this game in the damn face.

Uh... it's a James Bond joke. Never heard of "The Spy Who Loved Me" ?

#33 Posted by MeatSim (10777 posts) -

I didn't want Duke Nukem Forever to begin with.

#34 Posted by mikey87144 (1668 posts) -

Soooo 2K asked Gearbox to continue to make DLC for this game?

#36 Posted by mikey87144 (1668 posts) -

@NarficAcid said:

Is it wrong that I want to buy this just to preserve my S Rank?

You already dived deep into the shit pile. Might as well continue digging.

#37 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

I'll bite. I enjoyed DNF. That's right I ENJOYED IT!. Let's note I also played it on the PC where a majority of the pop in's shit load times and other garbage that bogged the game down wasnt present. That's what happens when you play the PC version of a PC game I guess.

Either way people love to shit on this game when there are many worse shooters out there.

#38 Posted by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

Noooo....I've almost S-ranked DNF.....I might end up playing this.

#39 Posted by DeviTiffany (417 posts) -

I'll wait for a GOTY version and then get all the DLC with it.

#40 Posted by ShaggE (6343 posts) -

I'm in. I... I can't help myself, guys. I've been betting on Duke since he was a red-faced platformer star.

#41 Posted by Agnosticwatermelon (47 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

I enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever, I'll get this DLC. I didn't like Bastion, not one bit, but you don't see me complaining about the new DLC for that game. Live and let live.

You liked DNF and hated Bastion? what's it like to be so backwards?

#42 Edited by Goblin (173 posts) -

Wow, so many haters... I actually really enjoyed DNF because it reminded me, both mechanically and stylistically, of games like Sin, Gunman Chronicles, the first Turok games, etc. I also feel that it is way more self-aware than the GB crew et al. are willing to give it credit for.

That being said, I do hope this add-on brings more gameplay and humor that is genuinely good, even by today's standards:)

#43 Posted by bigsmoke77 (788 posts) -

Hopefully this will sell like shit and convince 2K to not make a another duke game.

#44 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4303 posts) -

awwwwwww shit SWTOR's early access is fucked

#45 Posted by ShaggE (6343 posts) -

@bigsmoke77 said:

Hopefully this will sell like shit and convince 2K to not make a another duke game.

But... 2K never made a Duke game...

#46 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

Sweet. I'll repurchase Duke for $5 on eBay so I can check this out. Yeah, the game was dated and a little clunky, but it was fun.

#47 Posted by Vexxan (4616 posts) -

No, thanks.

#48 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

After finishing Duke Nukem Forever I thought it was OK. Certainly not the abomination that the masses make it out to be.

#49 Posted by MonkfishEsq (245 posts) -

No, No. NO.

NO.

NEVER. NOT EVER IN THE EVENTUAL HEAT DEATH OF THE UNIVERSE.

#50 Posted by ValiantGoat (376 posts) -

cruel joke, right?....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.