Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem Forever

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

After approximately fourteen years of development, the heavily infamous sequel to Duke Nukem 3D was finally released, in which the macho Duke must damper yet another alien invasion.

Want More Duke Nukem Forever? Anyone? Anyone?

• 146 results
    Avatar image for legendarychopchop
    LegendaryChopChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@walterbennet said:

I can't believe they're doing DLC for this game...

At least they're committed to their game.

I haven't played it yet. I picked up the game for 5 dollars and it's sitting unopened. I'll get to it some day, I can say that I was a big fan of Duke Nukem and I am heavily aware of the problems this game has.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Karl_Boss

If it has new achievements I'll get it....already got the full 1000G on it.

Avatar image for atomicvideohead
    Atomicvideohead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Atomicvideohead

Okay, what's with all the Duke Nukem apologists in the comments? Is it better than it could have been considering it's dev? Yes. Does that make it not terrible? No. It's still terrible.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By JasonR86

@Atomicvideohead said:

Okay, what's with all the Duke Nukem apologists in the comments? Is it better than it could have been considering it's dev? yes? Does that make it not terrible? No. It's still terrible.

Well rounded argument with solid points, well thought out and articulate. Bravo good sir.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By bybeach

If this is a pure gearbox effort I will keep a open mind and see if I can hear of any reviews. Who knows, maybe this is the Duke Nukem game I was looking for...

Rexicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Rexicon

@bybeach: Could you possibly elaborate on what "the duke game you were waiting for" would look like.

For me, its one where Duke is horribly depressed and miserable because hes a horrible misanthrope with no internal filter and sociopathic tendencies. Then its a story of redemption and growth, where Duke comes to terms with his horrible nature and sacrifices himself.

An old man dies, a young girl lives.

(For the record, Duke will never be this and instead will be creepy tit jokes.)

gavingt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#107  Edited By gavingt

@Rexicon said:

@bybeach: Could you possibly elaborate on what "the duke game you were waiting for" would look like.

For me, its one where Duke is horribly depressed and miserable because hes a horrible misanthrope with no internal filter and sociopathic tendencies. Then its a story of redemption and growth, where Duke comes to terms with his horrible nature and sacrifices himself.

Wait, isn't this exactly what Jeff described on a Bombcast once?

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By bybeach

@gavingt said:

@Rexicon said:

Wait, isn't this exactly what Jeff described on a Bombcast once?

Naw. Actually I have 2 versions. One was the game was 'Better' because of gearbox being the dev. You know...Better.

The other I will mention because I have already thought Dukes character out well, months ago. Duke to me is a low class son of a bitch. Hes one step above white trash , lived the under-side all his life, and only occasionally did regular work. He likes to hang out in strip joints and bars and at best, work the grey corners of life. He is street smart.

But he's a good guy, and always tips the dancers. In fact he looks out for them when no proper people do despite their talk, say like straightening out a pimp if he doesn't treat his prostitutes right. And if a lady don't have a place for the night, he pays for the room. Doesn't even need to get laid over it, he'll still do it. In his world, on his level, he's a good guy....

That could of worked.

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By BlackHeronBlue

I understand this is free? No? hahahaha

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110  Edited By teh_destroyer

I would rather play Serious Sam 3, which I am enjoying a lot more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

So a lot of DLC is content that got half-finished and then cut (because stuff gets cut from games). Just IMAGINE how much half-finished shit they have lying around for Duke Nukem Forever.

There's going to be DLC for this thing until 2013.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By kidman

@Agnosticwatermelon said:

@JoeyRavn said:

I enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever, I'll get this DLC. I didn't like Bastion, not one bit, but you don't see me complaining about the new DLC for that game. Live and let live.

You liked DNF and hated Bastion? what's it like to be so backwards?

I can answer you since I'm on the boat. I like FPP games and i don't like RPG's so... yeah. Duke was alright for me and Bastion got me bored.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By falserelic

I sold this game months ago I hated it.

predator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By predator

DNF is my GOTY and I'm eager to play more.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#115  Edited By Lazyaza

Duke Nukem Forever made me feel like I'd been lead inside in a windowless white van. The nice man promised me puppies and candy but that's NOT WHAT I GOT AT ALL!

predator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By predator

@RiotBananas: Granted I may be biased. I was active on the 3D Realms Forums in 2008-2009 and I'm still part of the Duke community elsewhere. I also know a few people in the credits. But I can still genuinely say I enjoyed DNF.

pixieface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By pixieface

Ughhhhh. No thanks.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Ravenlight

I don't care about anything Duke-related anymore.

Also, you mis-capitalized the title of the DLC in the last paragraph. Proofreading!

:P

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

#120  Edited By elyk247

Sure, I kinda feel bad anyways. It took so long to make, and I know it was the developer's fault, but I still feel for peoples' jobs.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#121  Edited By xymox

GOTY

owait

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By NTM

@Elyk247 said:

Sure, I kinda feel bad anyways. It took so long to make, and I know it was the developer's fault, but I still feel for peoples' jobs.

Well that's a positive way to look at it. Cool I guess, although the game is kind of mediocre.

suicidepacmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By suicidepacmen

Waiter, I was told this was Creme de la Duke Nuke'em but this clearly isn't it.

@NarficAcid: It's wrong that you s-ranked it in the first place. Do you have no shame?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#124  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'd be interested to know how many people actually buy this thing. I hope it's not too many.

Avatar image for crimsonlordofwar
    crimsonlordofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The funny thing is that if the DLC is completely created by Gearbox from scratch, then I'd buy the game just to buy and play the DLC...

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#126  Edited By Cirdain

Video thing.....

Avatar image for kenniworldpeace
    kenniWORLDPEACE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By kenniWORLDPEACE

NO

Plipster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Plipster

I'm going to be Captain Positivity, this may be OKish. Also if this completely Gearbox produced there's no reason to think it won't be at least passable.

Avatar image for the_r0n1n_named_47
    the_r0n1n_named_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

i really enjoy Duke Nukem Forever and got all but 2 achievements (the two highest difficulty levels... havent played since skyrim :P ) and i am not convinced by what some people say about the game what so ever. so this is gonna be a definite purchase for me. more single player sign me in :D

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By avidwriter

So they copy the giant robot from Fallout 3? Also, I didn't want DNF to begin with, why would I ever want more?

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#131  Edited By Xeiphyer

If this is Gearbox produced, I am very interested in it.

Why? Because Gearbox acquired and finished DNF so they could have the Duke license, this might give some insight into what we can expect them to do with it in the future. Of course they're still restrained by the shitty world and mechanics of DNF, but it should at least be interesting to see what they can come up with.

Also, not for $10.

EXCellR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#132  Edited By EXCellR8

oh god no... i feel like myself along with my computer are smarter now that the game has been long uninstalled.

Rexicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Rexicon

@the_r0n1n_named_47: Are you a PR plant, because if you aren't and you actually enjoyed this game, you have mental deficiencies that would warrant investigation.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By kidman

@Rexicon said:

@the_r0n1n_named_47: Are you a PR plant, because if you aren't and you actually enjoyed this game, you have mental deficiencies that would warrant investigation.

I did like the game as well, it's not that uncommon for people to have different opinions, you know?

AZChristopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By AZChristopher

@Plipster said:

I'm going to be Captain Positivity, this may be OKish. Also if this completely Gearbox produced there's no reason to think it won't be at least passable.

DuvalMagic Randy Pitchford

I fought Dr. Proton in Triptych's Duke Nukem Forever DLC!

AZChristopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By AZChristopher

@kidman said:

@Rexicon said:

I did like the game as well, it's not that uncommon for people to have different opinions, you know?

You are correct that people can have different opinions. However, this game is horrible. So don't be surprised when the majority of opinions about DNF are not on your side.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By kidman

@AZChristopher said:

@kidman said:

@Rexicon said:

You are correct that people can have different opinions. However, this game is horrible. So don't be surprised when the majority of opinions about DNF are not on your side.

I am absolutely aware of the general opinion about this game and I understand where people are coming from. I'm not saying the game is good, just that I liked it. Besides I just don't like the idea that liking the particular game makes you stupid or something of that sort.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#138  Edited By Nux

A Doctor Who joke. Good one 2K

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Eyz

Give me much better designed maps (my main problem with the original game...so linear, boring, lazy levels design and graphics...) and SECRETS! Loads of 'em! And perhaps I'll be able to start to forgive this mess of a game..

Avatar image for the_r0n1n_named_47
    the_r0n1n_named_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@AZChristopher said:

@kidman said:

@Rexicon said:

first off, no rexicon im not PR i just like DNF. and if i was i am sure it would already be know that i was by now

any who, i think the game did so badly because A) people have call of duty in their asses (in my opinion anyways) B) because it was little too hyped and ended up disappointing by not living too said hype, C) yes there are tons of better games..... (just sayin though this isn't the worst FAR from it in fact, I think, its WAY better than Turning Point, BodyCount, Brink and legendary combined) D) DNF has been in developement since 1996, and just like Too Human has stayed mostly the same through out developement, thus giving it less and less of a chance against more modern games. So yeah the game had no chance in todays market, now if it was released in 2001 or 2002 I am sure it would hae been fine...especially if it was the way it was in the 2001 trailer (check it out and compair this version with that and you'll see what i mean). do i think DNF is the greatest game ever? no, but, i dont think its a terrible game like everyone (mostly reviewers btw) says it is. and the people who actually played it are most likely dissapointed, I admit I was, but i got over it 'cause, hey, it still plays like old school duke nukem (which is what i think most people didnt like about it) despite the slight modernization

as a side note (just sayin) I dont think this game should hurt Gearbox's rep I mean they didn't really have any dev time with this game at all thus it isnt really their game... now if they did develope DNF I am sure it would be WAY better (I mean seriously look at most their games)... but i guess we'll have to wait till they develope their Duke Nukem game to find out if i am right (again just sayin)

I apologize for so much writing but i felt i needed to say it

that said....yeah i look forward to "the doctor who cloned me" now back to finishing my achievements on DNF lol I only need to beat it on insane and thats it (wanna do it before thw dlc's release).... i would have done it by now but i played deus ex 3 twice and skyrim still :P

snake911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#141  Edited By snake911

I enjoyed DNF and am looking forward to this DLC.

Thanks Gearbox!

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By baconbits33

Alright well, I won't be buying it, however I actually didn't mind the game all that much, it was kinda fun, it's not like it was amazing or anything. Seriously what were people expecting? Something like Halo? It's Duke Nukem, if it wasn't completely dumb, sexist, racist, lewd, and completely absurd, then it wouldn't be Duke. Add in the production nightmare it went through and you're looking at exactly what we got. I don't know what everyone else was expecting but my expectations were low and I was pleasantly surprised.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By PhilipDuck

God I couldn't finish that game, was hard work!

Improbablej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Improbablej

I think that this DLC will have a better chance to be better than a game itself, simply because DNF was really Gearbox taking on the reins in the last moment and just putting what was already there, out to market (along with some Gearbox 'patchwork').

The DLC will very likely be all Gearbox, so I expect that to be a complete work, versus patched up stuff.

PinchR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By PinchR

Scientific Breakthrough unlocked

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#146  Edited By supermonkey122

I like this game.

redkillroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By redkillroy

The DLC is pretty phenomenal.. hmm.

Acerock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#148  Edited By Acerock

is it ironic that Duke Nukem: Forever is DNF which usually means Did Not Finish?

MrNeoshredder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By MrNeoshredder

Hmmm, so let's see my options here, I can spend ten dollars for a nice, 6-8 hour dose of Duke, or I can spend 123,444,644,241 dollars on stupid fucking COD map packs that half of which suck so bad that I'll probably only use once. Duke, no contest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.