Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem Forever

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

After approximately fourteen years of development, the heavily infamous sequel to Duke Nukem 3D was finally released, in which the macho Duke must damper yet another alien invasion.

What if this had been budget priced at release?

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sdharrison

I can't help but think Gearbox (or whoever was in charge of determining price point) made a big mistake in giving DNF a premium price tag.  If this had been a $20 - $30 nostalgia trip, I think it would have been forgiven more in the press and ultimately sold TONS more copies (especially through low overhead digital downloading).  A bit baffling to me that they opted to take the route of being judged on price against current games.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cloudenvy

If this had been $20 I would've bought it the moment it was released, heh!

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By 71Ranchero

Budget price wouldn't work for me. Im pretty sure I wouldn't even download it from Steam if it was free. The character is just too unlikable. He was almost irrelevant when he jumped to 3d to begin with, don't even get me started on how irrelevant he is today.  

The crowd that this game appeals too is far too young to feel any nostalgia for the series. 

jaymorgoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By jaymorgoth

Even if it was budget priced I would regret getting this game. Don't get me wrong I would still get it simply to play it, to have that closure, but I still would feel the way I feel now. That game is a frustrating, boring, outdated, piece of garbage man. Everything Jeff has said about that game holds true, cannot recommend the game to anyone at any price.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By MildMolasses

Even at a budget price this would still pale in comparison to others (Banjo Kazooie and Deadly Promonition spring to mind). Even though DP is shitty in its own right, it at least had a ton of personality and characters that were likable to make it worthwhile

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.