I know Dungeon Defenders is geared more towards multiplayer, but which one would you prefer?
Dungeon Defenders or Orcs Must Die!?
I haven't really played Dungeon Defenders, so I can't really comment on that. I wanted a more single player thing and the loot focus I read about in Dungeon Defenders didn't appeal to me, so I never bought it. I've enjoyed what I have played of Orcs Must Die so far, and I'm sure Dungeon Defenders is great...I just don't really have a desire to play it.
I have heard really great things about Orcs Must Die but I have only played Dungeon Defenders.
So what I can say about Dungeon Defenders is
- It has a strong community of active players
- an incredible amount of content for a 15 dollar game
- it is updated constantly
- it is incredibly fun to play.
- So much loot!
- 8 Characters to choose from, 4 classes in total. ( With 2 more characters coming soon and who knows how many more)
- Best of all it offers a nice variety of difficulty options and mission types. ( Survival, Reverse tower defense where you attack their crystals and towers, there was a Christmas mission where you deliver presents and fight a giant snowman)
It is definitely one of my favorite games of last year.
(This is on Steam by the way )
Orcs Must Die is a wonderful single player tower defense game that I've put many, many hours into. If you like tower defense (which I absolutely love the genre,) I don't think you can go wrong on it.
Sadly, I feel like I can't speak about Dungeon Defenders even though I bought it for full price, since I got bored halfway through the second level and have never had the desire to go back to it. Then again, I don't have anyone to play it with, and I'm not going to play a co-op game with random people.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.