Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeon Defenders

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jan 13, 2011

Dungeon Defenders combines the loot-driven combat of an action RPG with the strategy of four-player co-op tower defense in a colorful world.

Mistmyre Forest - Soloing Hard/Insane Setups?

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cincaid

Hey!

So the past few weeks I've been playing the hell out of Dungeon Defenders on the 360 (sidenote: freaking amazing game, get it if you enjoy tower defense), and just the other day I got the DLC for it; the Mistmyre Forest. Problem is that I have huge trouble soloing the level, even on Normal with my good geared Tower Squire and DPS Huntress. I've been looking for guides and videos online, but the only problem is that they're always on PC where they have far superior gear and stats and just doesn't work on the 360 version.

The most common strategies seem to be placing Monk auras all over the place along with Huntress traps, but my problem is they require way too much repairing and upgrading, and eventually mobs start flooding through once the defenses go down. If anyone have a good strategy for soloing the forest on Hard (or even Insane) without the need of totally bonkers gear, please let me know as I want to farm gear from the place.

Cheers!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By kindgineer

I believe you are talking about the Eternia Shards Part 1, if I am correct than I am almost positive you need some great gear to be able to solo that on Hard+. It was hard enough on PC with our elite gear and I did it with another person. Can't help you on the solo part, I would just hop online and look for a quick party to get you through it.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Canteu

This isn't a strategy, but you really shouldn't bother with mistymire for now. Wait til the patch comes out, as the new loot doesn't even drop yet.

Just do glitterhelm until then.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cincaid

@ccampb89: Yeah, it's the Eternia Shards pt. 1 DLC. And I'm not surprised by your comment, considering how difficult it is on Medium alone.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cincaid

@Canteu: Oh alright, didn't know that. Saw the patch notes though, can't wait for it to be released!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kindgineer

@Cincaid said:

@Canteu: Oh alright, didn't know that. Saw the patch notes though, can't wait for it to be released!

Yeah, once that patch drops and the new loot is available I would assume you could solo Hard with enough of it gathered. I've been thinking of picking it up on 360 (the PC gamers are a little...dedicated) and I'll throw you an invite so we can dominate it :D

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cincaid

@ccampb89 said:

@Cincaid said:

Yeah, once that patch drops and the new loot is available I would assume you could solo Hard with enough of it gathered. I've been thinking of picking it up on 360 (the PC gamers are a little...dedicated) and I'll throw you an invite so we can dominate it :D

Sounds like a plan. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.