Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeon Defenders

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jan 13, 2011

Dungeon Defenders combines the loot-driven combat of an action RPG with the strategy of four-player co-op tower defense in a colorful world.

The game is out on steam now! now with extra screen tearing!

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MrCandleguy

So the game is out, its fun and everything. 

But god damn, isn't the screen tearing bad? Anyone figure out a way to do this? There doesn't seem to be any Vsync settings.

adz117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By adz117

Just installing it now, eurghhh that's a shame, I'm sick of having to fix all of my recent PC purchases.

monssfisch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By monssfisch

There's some screen tearing for me, but it's not too bad. Definitely not as bad as Rage was pre-patch.

Game's awesome so far, apart from the frequent disconnects.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By project343

So excited. Downloading now.

Maybe I'm insane (actually, yes, I'll confirm it--I guess), but Dungeon Defenders is my second most anticipated game of the Fall. Next to Skyrim, that is.

I recommend including the really solid collection of Metacritic reviews in the main post. Hopefully that may sway some people into giving a fuck (which they tend not to do for $15 downloadable titles).

skudfisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By skudfisher

I am loving the game on PC but keep getting connection issues while playing online. I've had about 50% of the matches I've joined (even hosted) drop because it disconnects from TrendyNet... driving me a bit crazy... I hope this is just a launch day issue that will be resolved quickly. Otherwise this is super fun.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Addfwyn

No idea on steam, but the PS3 version seems to run smoothly enough.

Maybe it's not meant for solo play though, because it is punisihngly hard trying to play solo

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By project343

@MrCandleguy said:

So the game is out, its fun and everything. But god damn, isn't the screen tearing bad? Anyone figure out a way to do this? There doesn't seem to be any Vsync settings.

I've now put about 6 hours into the game. Zero screen-tearing issues. I usually notice screen tearing and it typically bugs the shit out of me. I'm not sure?

@skudfisher said:

I am loving the game on PC but keep getting connection issues while playing online. I've had about 50% of the matches I've joined (even hosted) drop because it disconnects from TrendyNet... driving me a bit crazy... I hope this is just a launch day issue that will be resolved quickly. Otherwise this is super fun.

Patch released. And likely several more over the next week. One of the largest fixes in this patch was to accommodate connection dropping.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrCandleguy
    @Addfwyn said:

No idea on steam, but the PS3 version seems to run smoothly enough.

Maybe it's not meant for solo play though, because it is punisihngly hard trying to play solo

I think its a CAKE walk on single player, a mate and I couldn't get pass the second level on two player, but single player go through with a breeze.
    huelarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By huelarl

@MrCandleguy said:

So the game is out, its fun and everything. But god damn, isn't the screen tearing bad? Anyone figure out a way to do this? There doesn't seem to be any Vsync settings.

It does tear bead, but it's easily fixed: go to Steam\steamapps\common\dungeondefenders\UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini and change UseVsync=False to True. Works like a charm.

Also, this game is fucking incredible. I didn't really know squat about it before yesterday (a friend gifted it to me) and I'm absolutely loving everything about it. I didn't have issues with online play either, played for some three straight hours and didn't disconnect once.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Addfwyn

@MrCandleguy: What class are you, maybe Huntress is more designed for co-op, cause i just get totally overwhelmed on the last wave

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Rhaknar

as much as i love the action tower defense genre, this is basically a multiplayer game correct?

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrCandleguy
    @huelarl said:

@MrCandleguy said:

It does tear bead, but it's easily fixed: go to Steam\steamapps\common\dungeondefenders\UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini and change UseVsync=False to True. Works like a charm.

Also, this game is fucking incredible. I didn't really know squat about it before yesterday (a friend gifted it to me) and I'm absolutely loving everything about it. I didn't have issues with online play either, played for some three straight hours and didn't disconnect once.

Thank you good sir! 

@Addfwyn said:

@MrCandleguy: What class are you, maybe Huntress is more designed for co-op, cause i just get totally overwhelmed on the last wave

I am too a huntress. use explosives and that gas stuff, I just litter the 'pathways' with Explosive-gas-Explosive-gas. it lets them stick together before moving onto the next piece.  
    I just passed the first level on Hard by myself with this tactic.  

@Rhaknar said:

as much as i love the action tower defense genre, this is basically a multiplayer game correct?

Yes, its meant to be played multiplayer, but you can totally play it single player, but its a lot harder.
    wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By wadtomaton

Just as FYI the configuration panel for your video card drivers probably has an option to force vsync (and iirc with nvidia drivers you can set it to specific .exe)

Also wasn't this the game that was supposed to have like PS3, Steam, and mobile cross platform play or something crazy like that? Did it actually happen?

huelarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By huelarl

@demonknightinuyasha said:

Just as FYI the configuration panel for your video card drivers probably has an option to force vsync (and iirc with nvidia drivers you can set it to specific .exe)

Also wasn't this the game that was supposed to have like PS3, Steam, and mobile cross platform play or something crazy like that? Did it actually happen?

I tried forcing it via the control panel first, but it worked with none of the exes, don't know why.

Apparently PS3 and PC work cross platform, haven't tried it myself though.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By project343

@MrCandleguy said:

@Addfwyn said:

I am too a huntress. use explosives and that gas stuff, I just litter the 'pathways' with Explosive-gas-Explosive-gas. it lets them stick together before moving onto the next piece.
    I just passed the first level on Hard by myself with this tactic.

See, I think most people who call the solo campaign 'brutally hard' either played a Monk or a Huntress. Both classes lack towers and walls. I think that I could probably handle the entire game on medium by myself with an apprentice. Only real issue is collecting all the mana and spending it effectively before it disappears/I get overwhelmed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.