Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeon Siege III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 17, 2011

Dungeon Siege 3 is the third instalment of the Dungeon Siege franchise. It tells the tale of the fallen 10th Legion taking back the Kingdom of Ehb from the popular Azunite champion Jeyne Kassynder.

Controls - THE gamebreaking issue!

Mooqi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mooqi

So I played DS III on PC with keyboard and mouse and it was horrible. From click-intensive unintuitive movement to the inability to target and dumb key-mapping in general - this game is a total mess. Impossible to have fun if you feel like doing what you want to do is a bigger challenge than the actual combat. 0 / 5 stars for controls that are so beyond bad, that you can't even imagine it if you don't experience them yourself.

Today I got an Xbox 360 controller for my PC... and guess what? This game is entertaining. I would say 3 / 5 stars, similar to Torchlight in quality and replayability.

Long story short: if you plan to play DS III only do so if you own a gamepad. This game is not great, but neither is it horrible if you own the right accessories.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By linkster7

Hmm, thinking about playing this game, good to hear that it's better with the X360 controller atleast.

Buying one of those for my PC was one of the best purchases ever.

Mooqi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Mooqi

@Linkster7 said:

Buying one of those for my PC was one of the best purchases ever.

I agree. I've been refusing to buy a gamepad for ages, but since most modern PC games are primarily developed for a console, you need to have one if you want to enjoy a game like it is meant to be played.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.