Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeon Siege III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 17, 2011

Dungeon Siege 3 is the third instalment of the Dungeon Siege franchise. It tells the tale of the fallen 10th Legion taking back the Kingdom of Ehb from the popular Azunite champion Jeyne Kassynder.

E3 2011: Dungeon Siege III Trailer

swabbleflange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By swabbleflange

Demo was quite disappointing.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JoeyRavn

Tried the demo, nice game :)

@Swabbleflange said:

Demo was quite disappointing.

Uh, well, I won't claim it's a mind-blowing game or anything, but it looks nice (I can max it out and still get 60FPS constantly) and it sorta looks like a mix between Fable III's "Industrial London" style with a classic Diablo gameplay.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3  Edited By Hector
    Played the demo didn't like it. I think I can get a better dungeon-crawling experience from D&D: Daggerdale.
    Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Nomin

Something to tide you over before DIII release. 

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By phrosnite

I'm going to wait for a price drop even though I love Dungeon Siege 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

didn't enjoy the controls and demo. However maybe at a steam sale i'll pick this up.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By MrMuscle

Demo isnt out in Europe so i cant try it out yet. But ir says in the description that it has co-op focused gameplay. But itsnt the co-op Fable 2 style? Where only the host gets to level up and all that jazz?

flashdim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By flashdim

JEYNE KESSYNDER

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#9  Edited By KillyDarko
    @Hector said:
    Played the demo didn't like it. I think I can get a better dungeon-crawling experience from D&D: Daggerdale.
    I can't speak about the DS3 demo cause I haven't played it, but please do yourself a favor and don't buy D&D: Daggedale; that game is so, but so broken... : /
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c468a9482ba9
    deactivated-5c468a9482ba9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty bad when your trailer has a piss poor framerate.

spiralsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spiralsin

Tried the demo on PC and 360. This game was definitely designed with the gamepad in mind. If you're playing on PC, do yourself a favor and get a wired 360 gamepad.

Combat felt a little wonky and the controls take some getting used to, but it didn't take me long.  Not sure if I missed it, but I would have liked a lock-on target feature. The voice acting felt a little flat, especially that of the fire elemental character. Tried to ignore it, but I couldn't. Didn't get to try coop yet (not sure if it's even an option in the demo). I'll wait for some feedback after it releases before I take the plunge.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By Chris2KLee

@spiralsin said:

Tried the demo on PC and 360. This game was definitely designed with the gamepad in mind. If you're playing on PC, do yourself a favor and get a wired 360 gamepad. Combat felt a little wonky and the controls take some getting used to, but it didn't take me long. Not sure if I missed it, but I would have liked a lock-on target feature. The voice acting felt a little flat, especially that of the fire elemental character. Tried to ignore it, but I couldn't. Didn't get to try coop yet if it's even an option in the demo. I'll wait for some feedback after it releases before I take the plunge.

Had pretty much the same feeling on the 360. The use of dull painting and voice over to tell the story really turned me off, especially since I felt the stuff they did in Alpha Protocol was generally pretty good and interesting. I'll also wait for some reviews, but I'm feeling a pass.

Avatar image for monkeycmonkeydo
    monkeyCmonkeyDo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By monkeyCmonkeyDo

I enjoyed the demo.  Maybe I'm just fiending for a dungeon looting game.   

dillinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dillinger

game looks really nice, is smooth (at least on my monster PC), but damn it, it was clearly designed for a console and actions rpg's, especially non 3rd person ones, do not work well on console IMO.  It didn't feel like a good action RPG to me.  The menu's left something to be desired, movement was definitely gamepad focused, progression is really shallow for your character.  Loot is not nearly as varied or interesting as it was in previous dungeon siege games, nor plentiful.  I dunno.  I love obsidian, but they'd be better off not branding this dungeon siege 3, and making it some new IP instead, cause now I'm way to disappointed to buy it.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ericdrum

I played the demo on my PC with my 360 controller. I really liked it a lot. I know that's not a popular opinion, but I liked the graphics and the world seemed interesting. I'm picking it up.

tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By tactis

I liked the demo, picking it up!

creiij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By creiij

Tried the demo and it sucked. Controls were award and the inventory system kinda sucked.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TorMasturba

@ericdrum: I'm pondering getting it too, how's the story seem based on the demo?

I'll be playing the demo this weekend but figured I'd ask either way since it's just a demo.

Also, what's your steam username I would very much enjoy playing this with someone and what better way than with a fellow GiantBomber!? :-)

LemonJoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LemonJoose

I played the demo on my 360 and enjoyed it.  The inventory system was unusual, but once I learned it, I think it's the best equipment/inventory system I have seen for an action RPG on a console.  It's a better implementation than Sacred 2, Torchlight, or D&D Daggerdale.  I will definitely be buying.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ericdrum

@TorMasturba: All of my IDs across all platforms are ericdrum. Feel free to add me. The story so far seemed standard fare. I didn't want to play too far and spoil much, so I can't really offer up much of an opinion. Once I hit a point where I was satisfied enough, I exited the game.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By xpgamer7

Haven't played it but from the mass of opinions saying BOO! here, I think I'll pass.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#22  Edited By MeatSim

I thought the demo was okay. Doesn't seem worth full price though.

parry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By parry
    @ericdrum said:

I played the demo on my PC with my 360 controller. I really liked it a lot. I know that's not a popular opinion, but I liked the graphics and the world seemed interesting. I'm picking it up.

Playing it on PC with Saitek masked as 360 controller, and I like the game alot too!! <Got it early :P friend> Don't know why people are putting it down so much. I find it interesting and nice to play. I know I'm going to waste alot of hours playing this.
    Avatar image for monkeycmonkeydo
    monkeyCmonkeyDo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By monkeyCmonkeyDo

I'm ready to get it. I'm hard up for a dungeon looting game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.