Daggerdale coming to PSN. Is it worth it?

#1 Posted by Muerthoz (350 posts) -

Saw a post on Playstation.blog earlier reminding people that Daggerdale is still coming out. I know it's been out already for PC and XBOX but I've been waiting for the PSN version to come out. It's been so long since the last time I saw anything about this game that I think all my excitement for it has gone away. Looking at it now, I think my main concern is having to play pre-made characters. Being a D&D game, I would have really liked to see the ability to create your own characters.

#2 Edited by EthanielRain (851 posts) -

@Muerthoz said:

Saw a post on Playstation.blog earlier reminding people that Daggerdale is still coming out. I know it's been out already for PC and XBOX but I've been waiting for the PSN version to come out. It's been so long since the last time I saw anything about this game that I think all my excitement for it has gone away. Looking at it now, I think my main concern is having to play pre-made characters. Being a D&D game, I would have really liked to see the ability to create your own characters.

Well, it *finally* came to PSN. A well-made game just feels smooth when you're playing it, the controls & framerate and etc you know? Daggerdale is rough. You get used to it, but it's gameplay is about as smooth as a brick wall.

That being said, it can still be enjoyable if you know what you're getting into. It's a D&D game that you can play with a few friends. There's fun to be had in that...just don't expect great gameplay. Actually, expect the game to be bad...the fun will come from fucking around with your friends, not the game itself :(

#3 Posted by jaycrockett (451 posts) -

Lots of rough spots, but not totally without merit. I'd give it a three stars out of five. I finished it but haven't gone back to play any of the other characters.

#4 Posted by fox01313 (5072 posts) -

Not a bad D&D game for an action game (over the older PC games of either Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights) but does tend to drag a bit though if you can get it on a discount it's not a bad thing to dive into on an afternoon. Not bad but not great, just average.

#5 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I think this is a bad game that I wasted 15 bones on.

Seriously get Dungeon Hunter Instead.

#6 Posted by EthanielRain (851 posts) -

@TentPole said:

Or wait for Warrior's Lair. I have faith in Sony's San Diego studio :O)

#7 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@EthanielRain said:

@TentPole said:

This is probably the better idea.

#8 Posted by Muerthoz (350 posts) -

It sure took long enough to get the PS3 version out. At this point, if I do end up buying it, I'll wait for a sale.

#9 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@TentPole said:

@EthanielRain said:

@TentPole said:

This is probably the better idea.

I'm thinking about getting this, I played Dungeon Hunter and liked it :) But I'm also not that picky when it comes to Fantasy RPG/Hack'n Slash...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.