Game Keeps Freezing!

#1 Posted by Nick (653 posts) -

Hey, so I'm not far into the game (still level 1), I'm at the quest where I need to kill the goblins to get the dwarven union to go back to work and the game just keeps freezing up. Anyone else have this problem?
#2 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

Sadly yeah, I had three hard freezes in a row. Not to mention a glitch where I had to fight the final boss twice…

#3 Posted by thebatmobile (979 posts) -

This game is unplayable! Why was it even released? 

I'm facing the final boss and for no reason I get stuck and can't move, but if I block and jiggle the stick I can move again. Which is super weird. 
Some enemies are running around without a health bar, and I can't hit them. 
Just when I start the cutscene for the third part of the boss (when you run through the fire) I only see half a sentence and then I get sent back to the start of the quest. 
 And a bunch of other glitches throughout the game. 

What the fucking hell is going on with this game?

#4 Posted by delorean99947 (227 posts) -

I'm level 4 (going onto level 5) ad haven't had any freezing problems. Worst problems I've had are equipment issues where i had 2 shields equipped. I sold one of them, so that's gone.

#5 Posted by OtakuGamer (1224 posts) -

This game is broken, any word of a patch?

#6 Posted by YoThatLimp (1880 posts) -

@OtakuGamer said:

This game is broken, any word of a patch?

Not sure if I even want to continue to play it, this game is $15 too much.

#7 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I haven't experienced any freezes and I'm on my second playthrough.

#8 Posted by OtakuGamer (1224 posts) -
@Axxol said:
Have you been playing co-op or single player? 

Co-op has quite a lot of issues and bugs not seen in single player.

#9 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@OtakuGamer said:
@Axxol said:
Have you been playing co-op or single player? 

Co-op has quite a lot of issues and bugs not seen in single player.

I've been playing Singleplayer. Damn, it sucks that Co-Op has issues. 
#10 Posted by rmanthorp (3874 posts) -

Aww man I was considering getting this. Now I'm defiantly waiting for a patch! :C 

I feel bad for them to be honest...

#11 Posted by pweidman (2297 posts) -

Played for over 25 hrs and not one single freeze.  The game's buggy and glitchy no doubt though.  Chapter 3 skill loss glitch is by far the worst.  The dev, Bedlam, has publically stated a patch is in the works, so yeah patch incoming.  How some of this got past QA, and through MS cert is mystifying though.  BTW, the game is damn fun despite all the buggy shit, and sp is indeed much less problematic. 

And to the user above.  There are allies fighting w/you against the final boss, hence why some running around have no health bar.
#12 Posted by D78 (7 posts) -

I think there are a lot of things that outweigh the bugginess of this game, most notably the fact that's tons of fun and I've teamed up with loads nice people while playing it. 

Curious about the patch though, looking forward to seeing how the game performs afterwards.

#13 Posted by okoctothorpe (71 posts) -

@D78 said:

I think there are a lot of things that outweigh the bugginess of this game, most notably the fact that's tons of fun and I've teamed up with loads nice people while playing it. Curious about the patch though, looking forward to seeing how the game performs afterwards.

I totally agree that this game is worth playing, despite the bugs. It's pretty faithful to the DnD system. In terms of bugs, I've been kind of lucky - I've been playing local co-op but only my character (the fighter) and the goblins we're fighting will freeze. The rogue can go around and clean up, hopefully triggering a cutscene which unfreezes my fighter until the next lockup. Gameplay is going to improve a thousandfold when half the party doesn't lock up every two minutes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.