Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 25, 2011

Daggerdale is a co-op focused, downloadable action-RPG based on the Forgotten Realms D&D setting.

What do we know about this game?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By JoeyRavn

After seeing the Quick Look, I must admit I'm kinda interested in this game. Do we know anything about the pricing it'll have? 1200 MS points (€15) is becoming the norm, but I wouldn't want to pay more than 800 MS (€10) for this game.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CenturionCajun

I don't think there is really anything official out there beyond what we saw in the Quick Look. From what I've been able to find around the internet it's the first game ina proposed trilogy of downloadable games set in the same region of the Forgotten Realms. As for pricing and when it's coming out your guess is as good as mine. Though rom the way Ryan and Brad were talking it should release relatively soon. If the whole thing is five or six hours long and the same quality as the quick look I wouldn't be adverse to putting down $15 for it.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By JoeyRavn

It's being released tomorrow on PC and XBLA, and next week on PSN. But, urgh, it seems it'll be 1200MSP, since the PC version is listed in Amazon for $/€15. Guess I'll wait for a sale to get this game.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CenturionCajun

I'll probably pick it up on account of Ryan and Brad's enthusiasm in the Quick Look alone. As for release on the PSN I wouldn't hold my breath as the store is still down.

D78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By D78

I'm super-excited about this and I can't wait to try out the demo. 

I hope they'll expand the character creation in the future. 

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By pweidman

Looks too fun for loot whores like myself.  And it has a D&D name generator!!!:p QL was very enticing.  Co-op looks to be smart enough.  Easy pickup, and more DLC on the way makes it look even better, and more attractive imo. Tomorrow!
    D78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By D78

Gah! It was on XBLA this morning and I started it downloading, but I can't play until I get home from work. 

Damn you real life, damn you.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By fox01313

Few tips discovered after playing the mage, unlike the normal D&D typical rules, the mage can use spells quite often with the trigger & face buttons. BTW you can charge the spells, which helps out tons. 

Also you can sell gear from your inventory with a simple button but you do apparently take a slight hit on the amount you get. Early on noticed that it was about 10g difference. While you can just grind out money from some areas where there's spawning enemies, it will take a while versus just loading up on all you can carry then taking it back to the merchants.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CenturionCajun

Actually, in 4th Edition mages can pump out low level spells continuously. They also don't have to rest to restock all their spells as some actions are per encounter. This is yet another reason why I think 4th Edition is the best rules set yet.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#10  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @CenturionCajun said:
    Actually, in 4th Edition mages can pump out low level spells continuously. They also don't have to rest to restock all their spells as some actions are per encounter. This is yet another reason why I think 4th Edition is the best rules set yet.
    ...And one of the reasons why people like me think it's the worst. "Hey guys, let's get rid of what makes D&D unique and just turn it into every MMO ever made!"
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CenturionCajun

I never could get in to the old rules sets because at some point I needed to start an excel spreadsheet to keep track of everything. To each his own though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

You get to stab stuff which is cool, you level up which is cool, and you collect loot which is also cool. 

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#13  Edited By beard_of_zeus

There was a fairly scathing review on Joystiq today, that's about all I can tell you. I can't speak to the use of the D&D license, but the review makes it sound like it's a pretty rushed and extremely glitchy mess.

EDIT: Ah, I see someone already posted another topic with that link in it, my bad.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CenturionCajun

Well, I just found out something rather infuriating. When you die and or exit the game without completing a quest it MAKES YOU RESTART THE WHOLE QUEST. I discovered this after saving and taking a break to spend some family time earlier. I returned only to find that the game had put me right back at the beginning of the quest and my save seemed to have done nothing. I hadn't gotten very far so it wasn't a big deal. However, I spent another hour working on the same quest only to be killed by an elite and it dropped me right back at the save before the quest. I lost all my experience, money, and the sweet armor I had found. I am not happy.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By EightBitShik
    @CenturionCajun: That's what you get for spending time with your family. Add me Eight Bit Shik and we can play some time. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.