Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeons of Dredmor

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 13, 2011

Explore the dangerous diggle-infested dungeons of Lord Dredmor in this comical, graphical roguelike RPG. Just don't smell of fear and lutefisk.

Post your random playthrough build and progress

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Fearbeard

Thought it would be fun to see how some people's random playthroughs are going.  I'm not talking about hitting the random button till you get a couple skills you like, just hit it once and go!  Just edit your post with your progress or death.

Here is mine

Staff-fighting
    Dual Wielding
    Vampirism
    Viking Wizardry
    Promethean Magic
    Assassination
    Archaeology

Things were a bit dicey at the beginning because I had not used vampirism before.  I manged to find a second staff pretty early and started dual wielding them right away.  My first level up I bumped up my staff level to do a bit more damage, but it nearly cost me.  I managed to hit character level 3 with just a few hit points left and grabbed the Drinker of the Dead skill from Vampirism and it's been a life saver.  I then finished up the vampirism tree with sparkly thinking it might help me escape if I get surrounded but it's proven to be extremely useless so far.

Almost done exploring floor 1.  I really need to find some decent armor now though.

Edit:  Haha, that was quick...  Was just about to move down to floor 2 when I got hit with a acid trap that took quite a bit of health off (I was already wounded from fighting a side quest boss), then proceeded to kill me because there were no corpses near by for me to feed off of and no healing potions to be drunk.   Score 10104.

Time for round two.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Fearbeard

Round two 

Crossbows
    Thrown Weaponry
    The Unarmed Art
    Necrononmonomics
    Assassination
    Smithing
    Tinkering

My hopes aren't too high for this one.

Edit:  Well that went terribly.  Since I had tinkering I decided to buff up my crossbow first.  Things were going allright till I opened a door and got surrounded on three sides, with avout 6 more monsters in reserve.  I could only move a couple steps back because there was an unopened chest blocking my path.  They ate through me pretty quickly.  Score 1472

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder
    @Fearbeard said:
    Round two   Crossbows Thrown Weaponry The Unarmed ArtNecrononmonomics Assassination Smithing Tinkering  My hopes aren't too high for this one
    My advice is don't bother with Smithing or Tinkering. I'm sure they'll patch the game even more later, but at the moment, there's not really many things worth crafting.
    xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By xxNBxx

I don't know what your talking about Beach, I think the crafting is helping me a ton.  I have made great weapons and armor to help me get to the 3rd lvl so far.  The stuff I have made has been far better then the stuff I have found.  I can see that coming to a end as soon as I max at the skill, but I don't know how far I would have gotten without it.

The Build I have for my second go around is
     (right now I am lvl 8 )
    Axemanship  (i have 2 points in this skill)
    Shield-bearer ( 1 point)
    Berserker Rage (0 points)
    Master of Arms  (1 point)
    Viking wizardry  (0 points)
    Assassination   (0 points)
    Smithing  (3 points)

Its a good mix of attack and defense

scourgeXLVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By scourgeXLVII

I got Mace, Berzerker, Golemancy, Ley Walker, Burglary, Fungal Arts, and Smithing. I've been doing surprisingly well. I spawned right next to an ingot room, and I got a ton of stuff. I put almost nothing in anything but Mace, Berzerker, and Smithing, and, I have a huge damage output, but since I have no real defense skills, I've been almost dead, a lot. My main problem with crafting is the inventory space it takes. If they had a deposit box system, or something, I'd like crafting so much more. Whether it would be the portal box type of deposit box (all deposit boxes contain the deposited items, no matter where you are), or location-dependent boxes (boxes only hold what was put in that box) I could deal with that. Some time on the second level, I found a lutefisk box, and used the lock-pick get spell to get a ton of lutefisk, and I got an amazing helm.

antoniocmf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By antoniocmf

I play as a warrior  , I dont like mages  and their wands...(they're cowards) ...... 

Swords 
    Axes  
    Burglary 
    Artful Dodger  
    Dual Wielding 
     Assassination 
    Master of Armors  

My favorite skill is Dual Wielding , it helped me a lot ....it's a great skill for warriors. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.