Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dust 514

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 14, 2013

DUST 514 was a free-to-play, persistent-world online competitive shooter focused on intense infantry combat augmented by powerful vehicles. It was set in and directly connected to the thriving player driven MMO universe of EVE Online.

Are we gonna form a merc group?

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Shakezula84

Simple question. Is their enough people on here who will play Dust 514 enough to form a clan (I forget what they will be called)? Of course assuming it'll be any good.

MrSlapHappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MrSlapHappy

my bet will be that they will be called Corporations or something similar since that is what guilds/clans are called in EVE: Online.

I am definitely interested in trying this game and if its anything like the standard game, it will be one best played with a group of friends/ clanmates. I can't speak for how long I will play it since I haven't played an FPS on a console since Halo 2, but pencil me in for a maybe.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

Dust 514 looks fantastic, id totally be up for a GB Corp. Though given the nature of EVE I think it would be helpful to have some EVE players to work with.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mitsuko_souma

GB is not a good place to look for FPS clanmates, due to the overwhelming amount of elitist PC gamers.

I too will definitely be playing this game, but will get familiar with the game first before even thinking about clans.

MrSlapHappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MrSlapHappy

@Pazy:

Good point. I used to play so I might be able to hook up with some guys I know that still play Eve. We might have a chance to link up with an Eve group that way.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MeierTheRed

I almost bought the PSN pack today. I have no idea if this is a game i would be playing for months and months or maybe just a few weeks. But the price point to find out, is so small that i almost have to take the chance on it.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By napalm

Giant Bomb Planetary Industries (GBPI).

Greenshoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Greenshoes

Giant Bomb Friendly Solutions (GBFS)

whitehalo117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By whitehalo117

Corps (Clans) as there called in this game will work similarly to the ones in EvE from what I've seen so far in the beta. Atm though its hard to play for a long time without getting frustrated it is very evident that its a beta. There is alot of screen tearing, server lag, hit detection issues, fps issues, and balance problems. However if you get in a good game without lag, ect. (the hit detection is going to effect every match) this game is amazing and you will get a chance to see that if they iron these issues out it'll be a AAA title. As of right now I don't think its worth buying a PS3 for just the beta however I would apply for a beta account and keep up on the game through the forums, I'm 100% sure it will be in the future once they get the hit detection fixed. "It's honestly worse then the server lag and screen tearing combined".......But overall its shaping up to be a great game.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By VisariLoyalist

I play eve, I might play dust 514, doesn't impress me too much so far though as a shooter. :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.