Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dust 514

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 14, 2013

DUST 514 was a free-to-play, persistent-world online competitive shooter focused on intense infantry combat augmented by powerful vehicles. It was set in and directly connected to the thriving player driven MMO universe of EVE Online.

How many GBers are playing this game?

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By gkhan

I played a bunch of the closed beta when it first came out, then got a little bit sick of the beta-ness of it (also the periodic skill/money resets was kind of a bummer) but I just got back into it. Any other Giant Bombers out there playing it? Any interest in starting up a corp?

Scanlon Industries? Team Brad Incorporated? Caravella Creations? The Gerstmann Experience? The Big Corp Corp Team Corp?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I play, but I'm already part of a corp. My 1-man corp in Eve.#foreveralone

Loving the game though. Got some fugly texture pop-in, but aside from that, I'm in heaven.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I've tried playing it multiple times, but I absolutely cannot stand how goddamn sluggish the controls and movement speed are and the amount of texture pop-in. I'll get back into it once it's actually out, but it's even more difficult to stand when there's only a handful of weapons to play and none of the mechanics seem interesting yet.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EchoEcho

I just mentioned this in another thread, but it seems relevant to reiterate it here: I played quite a bit back in Fall of last year, but haven't touched it since -- not because I didn't like it, though. I was using a mouse and keyboard that has since become part of my girlfriend's PC, and I don't feel like ferrying it back and forth from her computer to my PS3 every time I want to play (my own keyboard isn't USB or I'd use it.) At some point I'll have to pick up another keyboard and mouse, just don't have the money at the moment, and a dedicated mouse and keyboard for my PS3 isn't really a priority. I should really hop in just to see what's changed since last I played, even if I'm stuck using a DualShock 3 (ugh...)

Even if I got back into it, I dunno if I'd be playing often enough to warrant joining a corporation, though. Not unless it's a super laid back corp that doesn't care if I'm only one one or two times a week, if that. And also doesn't care much about winning, since I'm not exactly a competitive-level player.

Pretty sure the only viable name option would have to be Giant Bomb Heavy Industries, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-629f1111f1060
    deactivated-629f1111f1060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Only came in here to say good luck, have Bjork.

NinjaBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NinjaBerd

I've been thinking about trying this game, being free and all. I plan on downloading it tonight.

I generally play games between 6-12 eastern time, I have a mic, and my PSN is NinjaBerd if your looking to group up.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By DarthOrange
    @EchoEcho said: 

Even if I got back into it, I dunno if I'd be playing often enough to warrant joining a corporation, though. Not unless it's a super laid back corp that doesn't care if I'm only one one or two times a week, if that. And also doesn't care much about winning, since I'm not exactly a competitive-level player.

Pretty much this. I would be down to play with some duders provide you don't take video games too seriously. 
    Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lord_Xp

Alright, so I've never played Eve online or anything and I'm really interested in playing this game. For a complete newby to this game will it still be fun to me to play? I really would like to know how the beta is going so far.

Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have been playing it a good bit as of late. I would be interested in Joining or Starting a corp with someone. My psn is TehBolt. Let me know where your from and it's for DUST 514

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried it when it was a PS+ member only beta. I killed a dude, then someone killed me. Then I found out you couldn't respawn until you bought new weapons, armor, blablabla, etc. so I deleted it from my PS3. I didn't even know what to buy or how to buy stuff and I'm not using real money for that. So fuck that game. I'll spend my precious time with more worthy games.

Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't have to buy new weapons and armor to respawn now, nor do you have to spend an ounce of real world money if you don't want to.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I tried it when it was a PS+ member only beta. I killed a dude, then someone killed me. Then I found out you couldn't respawn until you bought new weapons, armor, blablabla, etc. so I deleted it from my PS3. I didn't even know what to buy or how to buy stuff and I'm not using real money for that. So fuck that game. I'll spend my precious time with more worthy games.

That was never the case. I've been in the beta literally since they first opened it up to Eve players. You've always been able to respawn as many times as you using the basic loadouts which, in reality, aren't "worse" than any given custom loadout. The basic loadouts are just jack-of-all trades loadouts. For example, the basic sniper rifle sorta does everything well enough, but you can buy different rifles with bigger clips, but slower reloads; more firepower, but more recoil, etc etc. It's pretty well balanced.

And like @bolt: said, you never have to spend an ounce of real money.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babychoochoo: Well then that game confuses me because when I tried respawning, it said I had to buy a new loadout and I had no clue what menus were what or how to buy anything because it wouldn't let me buy anything. Maybe the game is better now but I won't hold my breath. I'll try it again since PS+ users just got a free starter pack last week.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

So, this is still in beta, right? I wonder how well it is doing.

Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, this is still in beta, right? I wonder how well it is doing.

Yes it is. It is doing pretty well. I have no problems finding matches. I will say though, Skirmish, the Domination like mode, is hard with out a squad. Ambush is a little more loan wolf friendly. Most of the corporation features are not in yet. You can join one though. I don't really know shit about the eve universe and I am finding it a nice break from typical online shooters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.