UPCOMING EVENT: Templar Manhunt

#1 Edited by Mr_Creeper (1224 posts) -

CCP's hosting an event next weekend - May 31st through June 2nd - in which you can either check out the Templar dropsuits and weapons that'll be included in the EVE Online Second Decade Collector's Edition or earn you some ISK for killing them.

Hit this link for all the info and to sign-up for a chance to play as a Templar. I've already put my name in the hat.

#2 Edited by Sterling (2706 posts) -

Signed up also.

#3 Posted by TheDigitalistic (73 posts) -

Signed up for templar. At the very least, lots of people will get rewards, as I die a ton.

It's pretty awesome that they're doing an event this early for the game, but I can't help but wonder if the game's not doing well, and they're using this to try and attract more players.

#4 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up, signed up.

#5 Posted by aznxchunky (22 posts) -

awesome signed up , hope i can get in

#6 Posted by Mr_Creeper (1224 posts) -

It's pretty awesome that they're doing an event this early for the game, but I can't help but wonder if the game's not doing well, and they're using this to try and attract more players.

They've actually had several events that ran through the beta; including one that ran almost the entire month before the full release. Seems like something we can expect from time-to-time and I'm cool with that.

#7 Edited by mjk1 (205 posts) -

Just signed up, but its only available for 200 people and right not more than 1700 people have signed up so chances are slim.

#8 Posted by Mr_Creeper (1224 posts) -

Slim, but a chance is a chance. At least you'll be able to score some kills on them and earn a cool 2.5 million if you're not picked.

#9 Posted by AutomaticOwl (52 posts) -

Rad. I signed up.

#10 Posted by Strife777 (1614 posts) -

Cool, I guess I'll sign up later.

I think this game still has many flaws, but I find it really intriguing.

#11 Posted by Mr_Creeper (1224 posts) -

Cool, I guess I'll sign up later.

I think this game still has many flaws, but I find it really intriguing.

I can agree with you there, in the sense of comparing it to other shooters. I just hope people see that it's more than that and that CCP's working to add to that differentiation even more.

#12 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

Signed up because why the hell not. Really glad that I didn't have to create an account or anything, just takes the PSN account.

#13 Posted by Mr_Creeper (1224 posts) -

This list of the 200 chosen to be Templars in the event this weekend are listed here.

I made the cut, let me know if any of you did so we can team up and bring the hurt on these...regular people. B|

#14 Edited by Sterling (2706 posts) -

Congrats. So that leaves only 199 others to try and hunt down.

#15 Edited by mjk1 (205 posts) -

Didn't make it. I think is going to be quite hard to kill these Templars seeing as there are usually 3000-7000 people playing whenever i'm online.

#16 Edited by Mr_Creeper (1224 posts) -

Possibly. I haven't had a chance to play today since I was assist the EVE Corp with some stuff for the HQ. In order to get our bonus stuff, we're required to play a minimum of 20 matches over the weekend. You only need to score 3 kills, so it may not be too hard...

#17 Posted by Mr_Creeper (1224 posts) -

Event extended through Tuesday, June 4th! Get in while you can.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.