Getting booted to the dashboard.

#1 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I just bought this and when I choose to start game, it shows what the autosave icon loos like, then the screen goes black and I get booted to the dashboard. I tried multiple time to the same result. I even deleted and re downloaded the game. So now I can't play the game I just purchased. I had no problems with the demo.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can I fix this or am I screwed over?

#2 Edited by Demoskinos (14563 posts) -
#3 Posted by Monopolized (454 posts) -

I have not experienced this, but you could try clearing your cache and then re-downloading.

#4 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Ok, i'll try the cache thing out. Never had to do that before, hope I don't mess anything up.

@Demoskinos said:

Edit: Also, looks like you aren't the only one. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/609388-dust-an-elysian-tail/63754701

Those are not as bad. Only happens to them sometimes, I can't even play the game and i've tried several times. Still sucks that it happens at all.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14563 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan: The only thing deleting the cache will do is you will have to redownload patches for games and that is about it. Hopefully this gets fixed.

#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@ImmortalSaiyan: The only thing deleting the cache will do is you will have to redownload patches for games and that is about it. Hopefully this gets fixed.

It did fix it. Thanks for the suggestion. you too.

#7 Posted by MuftyRiots (86 posts) -

Always make sure to hit a save point before crafting. I've had the game crap out on me half a dozen times when trying to build items.

#8 Posted by RoboRobb (1051 posts) -

I've experienced this. Not fun!

#9 Posted by Hennet_sim (339 posts) -

I had this same issue a few times one was right after I beat a boss :(

#10 Posted by stoneskin (2 posts) -

I'm having this problem too, asked around and nobody's helped yet. I've done everything possible to fix it but nothing works. I bought it on the 14th and still can't play my game.

Game killing bug.

#11 Posted by sunsetstreek (57 posts) -

I had this issue happen to me once, luckily i'd saved recently but it was annoying, sucks that this seems to be a reoccurring problem, hope it's patched, but considering the nature of this game, I don't expect it to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.