Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 15, 2012

In the fantasy world of Falana, a mysterious swordsman named Dust, armed with a living sword called Ahrah and a quirky companion named Fidget, seeks to free a village from oppression while uncovering the truth behind his past.

PC version?

leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By leburgan

Anyone know any chance of a PC port coming down the pipe?

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Shivoa

It's built on XNA but I suspect the MS publishing (with whatever the contract in 2009 for winning the Dream.Build.Play competition was) means that is an issue for MS and not the dev to ok the PC version (which may be as easy as pressing the 'build x86' button in Visual Studio).

trindermon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By trindermon

Would guess its down to Deans deal with Microsoft, id hope that its something that's allowed, however from a technical standpoint i am not sure how much of a pain it would be. By that i mean that obviously as its a hand drawn thing, its probably designed to operate and a certain resolutions (much like diablo2) and things such as supporting different resolutions might be a pain. hope i am compleatly wrong ; Would be lovely to have a copy on PC for when the 360 becomes deceased.

All though to be honest id much rather it was so successful that Microsoft picked it as a sponsored franchise of some sort so we could see more of these characters and this world ala rachet and clank, sonic etc. its the best thing i've played in about 5 years to be honest.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dezztroy

As Shivoa said, it's all up to MS if there will be one or not. Assuming the dev wants to make one, of course.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By TobbRobb

I really hope so. I'm so close to just buying MS points cards for this game, but I'd vastly prefer to not even plug that thing into the internet.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

Didn't MS let Super Meat Boy and several other XBLA games they owned come to PC?

I don't think this is entirely out of the question but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. I wish Shadow Complex would come to PC.

trindermon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By trindermon

@believer258 said:

Didn't MS let Super Meat Boy and several other XBLA games they owned come to PC?

I don't think this is entirely out of the question but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. I wish Shadow Complex would come to PC.

Fingers crossed mate is all we can do, Meatboy specifically wasn't a Microsoft contracted thing however, it was originally announced for Wii ware and pc i think. I dont know exactly what the deal is when you win Dream, Build, Play (or whatever its called); but i am pretty sure that contracts and funding come directly from Microsoft studios, so its less independent at the stage you say yes, i think. (might be wrong).

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Mcfart

@trindermon said:

Would guess its down to Deans deal with Microsoft, id hope that its something that's allowed, however from a technical standpoint i am not sure how much of a pain it would be. By that i mean that obviously as its a hand drawn thing, its probably designed to operate and a certain resolutions (much like diablo2) and things such as supporting different resolutions might be a pain. hope i am compleatly wrong ; Would be lovely to have a copy on PC for when the 360 becomes deceased.

All though to be honest id much rather it was so successful that Microsoft picked it as a sponsored franchise of some sort so we could see more of these characters and this world ala rachet and clank, sonic etc. its the best thing i've played in about 5 years to be honest.

Doubt that's the case, cause the 360 does upscaling with this game the same as any other, so he could easily do that for the PC as well. 1080p resulution dosen't mean that the textures at 1080p.

trindermon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By trindermon

@Mcfart said:

@trindermon said:

Doubt that's the case, cause the 360 does upscaling with this game the same as any other, so he could easily do that for the PC as well. 1080p resulution dosen't mean that the textures at 1080p.

Ohh agreed, but they probably are 720p what i am worried about is that say the game is designed at the technical point of view to trigger monsters as they enter the "scene"

and of course cause its 1 platform; from a development point of view you know where that is cause everyone running the same equipment / software / resolutions etc. Dont get me wrong, i am sure i am over egging this, but i just wanted to point out that sometimes its not a case of "can the pc run it" its a case of "can the game be converted to work on other stuff without shit tones of work".

if that makes sense. Like i say , id love for it to happen.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Terramagi

Oh, it's already on PC.

You just have to type in the URL, and run an antivirus immediately after.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Both this and FEZ I really want on PC.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#12  Edited By SubwayD

The real howler would be if it came to PC, but only as a Win8 exclusive.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By StarFoxA

Depends on the exclusivity agreement with Microsoft. Since it was made in XNA, it's fairly trivial to port to Windows (see: ARES, Cthulhu Saves the World, Sequence, Solar 2, etc).

chrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chrank

I reeeeaaally want this game on PC! I sure hope it makes it's way over here!

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Lukeweizer

Everyone will complain about wanting a PC version, but MS published it, so it'll have GFWL, then everyone will bitch about the PC version.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By AndrewB

Maybe Microsoft will be more open now that the 360 is on its deathbed and they want to sell a new OS and more WIndows PCs.

I'd be playing Dust on the 360 right now if I didn't have this feeling that a PC version will come, and I want to see those graphics in something larger than 720p

chrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By chrank

@Lukeweizer: As long as it works, the majority of people don't care. I know I don't. It's a loud minority who is always complaining about GFWL and there always will be, just like there are people complaining about origin or steam.

If you are thinking about the Dark Souls port, they did way more than to introduce GFWL, capping it at 30 FPS and 720 is a much larger issue imo.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By MikkaQ

Seems like legal's the only hurdle, it probably already works fine on windows.

chrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By chrank
    Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Joeyoe31

Really wish this game would come to a platform I can play it on.

zaboomyfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hear it coming April 30 2013..and this is no joke....well to PC at lest

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

welp, time to double dip (as i never beat it on xbox when i had access to it, and it'll probably look gorgeous on PC)

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wonder if it'll hit Vita as well.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ripelivejam

oh yeah forgot FUCKIN FURRIES >:(

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh yay, one of those xbla titles i wanted to play but no xbox. They always seem to come to pc ....eventually

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

really darn pretty game :) I'm happy it finally made it to the PC.

Loading Video...
    Noogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to finally bring the game to my platform of choice :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.