*Spoilers* Sequel?

#1 Edited by TheGreatPotato (4 posts) -

Once again: *SPOILERS*

It took me awhile to find out about Dust: AET, bought it a little while ago, and beat it recently. So at the end, after Dust gets barbecued (I can honestly say that this was the saddest moment of any game for me, and I've played a ton of games) you see some mist colored like Dust, which flies off with Ahrah, which is then followed by Fidget, after which Ginger shouts Dust's name, all while Gray-Eyes is saying that good cannot be easily destroyed. All of these heavily imply that Dust may not be dead. Also, if I remember right, General Gaius acted as if he and Cassius were taking orders from somebody else. Anybody think that this is definitely setting up for a sequel? I'd sure buy it considering how much I loved this game.

#2 Posted by MURDERSMASH (248 posts) -

Yeah, it's totally setting up for a sequel. General Gaius was also taking orders from someone higher up; there was a King that was pushing all of this, but they had to cut that part of the story to get the game out the door in time.

Even if Dust doesn't return as a character, the world around him is developed and varied enough that other stories could come out of it for sure.

#3 Posted by cky4890 (95 posts) -

I disagree on the sequel, I would like to see a prequel with cassies and somehow a subplot of shin the other side of dust. Playing as Cassius committing the genocide, playing as a bad guy seems more interesting to me . With the ending being the final fight with shin(forget the other side of dust) and the birth of dust.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.