Why the Korean?

#1 Posted by Turambar (6742 posts) -

Any one know why there are two Korean characters in the title of the game?  Does the game take anything from Korean lore?  Also anyone know what those characters actually say?

#2 Posted by TwilitEnd656 (617 posts) -

Mun-ji. Dust. I don't know much about the game, so I can't say why they're there. o3o

#3 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

I do believe its cause Dean is part or half korean.

#4 Posted by m2cks (580 posts) -

Yeah, it says "dust". I take it because either the creator is part Korean, or it just makes for a good-looking title.

#5 Edited by Crispy (212 posts) -

Also, in case you guys haven't realized, a lot of the items in the game are Korean. (e.g. Kim Bap - 김밥, Halmeoni Pendant - 할머니 Pendant, etc.)

#6 Posted by AlexW00d (6240 posts) -

@Turambar said:

Any one know why there are two Korean characters in the title of the game? Does the game take anything from Korean lore? Also anyone know what those characters actually say?

Dude who made it is half Korean.

#7 Posted by sopachuco13 (392 posts) -

I was wondering this myself.

After playing the demo of this game, I promptly bought it for 50% off. I would really like to see the world of Korean video games more often. I really was excited about Nate Simpson's Nonplayer #1, which was set in the middle of a Korean MMO and also looked like the "face world" of that book was set in Korea, or at least a world where Korea had become a world power.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.