Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dustforce

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jan 17, 2012

Dustforce is a platformer by indie developer Hitbox Team in which ninja janitors dust and sweep their way through the environment.

I accidentally fixed the trailer for this game

Cathadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Cathadan

I watched the trailer for this game and was really excited about how awesome it looked. When the music continued past the end of the video I realized the trailer had been muted and I had music playing in the background that I forgot to pause the night before. When I re-watched the trailer with their original music it was somewhat disappointing by comparison.

Try it it home: http://youtubedoubler.com/32sq Be sure to mute the first video to let the awesome take over!

breenmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By breenmachine

Yeah, Invaders Must Die is like the Power of techno. It makes any trailer better.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Subjugation

I'm surprised by how well that matched up.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By audiosnow

I love that it was Invaders Must Die. Much more appropriate than Duke Nukem Forever's use.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nintendoeats

That worked really well. Now can we talk about the fact that this game looks like a blatant ripoff of super Meat Boy?

EToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EToaster

@nintendoeats said:

That worked really well. Now can we talk about the fact that this game looks like a blatant ripoff of super Meat Boy?

Because Super Meat Boy is the first and only precision platformer ever made. This game is actually quite fantastic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
    deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nintendoeats: I agree its art style look like Super Meat Boy's, but it doesn't look to be trying to be extremely difficult, and it seems to have some combat and scrolling levels. Made me think of Super Meat Boys meets Metroidvania.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chrissedoff

@nintendoeats: Yes and while we're at it let's take bets on how long it will take for cynical dimwits to stop accusing 2D platformers of ripping off the one of those games that was really popular.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@gelatinabomination said:

Yeah, Invaders Must Die is like the Power of techno. It makes any trailer better.

This is the most correct thing ever said in the last 2 hours and 4 minutes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nicely done, duder.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShadowConqueror

You inspired me to "accidentally" fix the trailer to Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Mute left video: here.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By TheHT

@ViciousAnchovy said:

@nintendoeats: I agree its art style look like Super Meat Boy's, but it doesn't look to be trying to be extremely difficult, and it seems to have some combat and scrolling levels. Made me think of Super Meat Boys meets Metroidvania.

Which makes me think of busting out the credit card.

BananaHace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By BananaHace

@nintendoeats said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo? I mean yeah they exist within the same genre but they aren't the same dude.

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kyrieee

@ViciousAnchovy said:

Like some people said in the other thread it's really more like N+, also most of this game is a lot harder than most of SMB (not all of it).

EToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EToaster

Compared to SMB, it generally seems a lot easier to just complete a level, but that doesn't really get you anything. The real goal is to score an S/S rank on the level, cleaning up every bit of dirt and maintaining a perfect combo throughout (never be hit, never die, never stop cleaning for more than a couple seconds). Doing that will get you a key to unlock a more difficult level. Even beyond that, getting an S/S is really only a qualifier for the proper section of the leaderboards for each level. Watching how fast some of those top replays are is a good way to realize just how much skill and precision can go into this game's control scheme.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.