Wow.

• 77 results
#1 Posted by isles (251 posts) -

I was already buying Bulletstorm but this is the kind of playful, humorous advertising that I can get behind. They totally hit the nail on the head and it doesn't come across like they are slagging it off but merely poking fun. Kudos to those dicktits at EA for getting the right kind of message out for Bulletstorm, finally.

#2 Posted by X19 (2370 posts) -

I'm more interested in playing that than Bulletstorm.

#3 Posted by Urmean (609 posts) -
BLOODY SCREEN

So real...!
#4 Posted by Bennyishere (1746 posts) -
#5 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -

yeah the trailer sounded spot-on :P the bla bla bla part was fucking SPOT ONNNN

#6 Posted by zicyo (8 posts) -

Awesome!

#7 Posted by EpicSteve (6910 posts) -

boring! 

#8 Posted by FCKSNAP (2337 posts) -

Kudos to those dicktits at EA for getting the right kind of message out for Bulletstorm, finally.

Quality writing that puts Jeff to shame. He should give up and hand you the keys to the office.
#9 Posted by Emperor_Jimmu (263 posts) -

I thought it was a bit rubbish. Epic don't have a leg to stand on with GoW 3 on the way.

#10 Posted by Marcsman (3375 posts) -

Dicktits for everyone
#11 Posted by wefwefasdf (6730 posts) -

Too bad Bulletstorm isn't that great of a game.

#12 Posted by Dylabaloo (1573 posts) -
#13 Posted by BraveToaster (12636 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" Too bad Bulletstorm isn't that great of a game. "
You've played it already?
#14 Posted by oatz (1109 posts) -
@Emperor_Jimmu said:
" I thought it was a bit rubbish. Epic don't have a leg to stand on with GoW 3 on the way. "
Duty Calls is a parody, it's supposed to be rubbish. Get a sense of humor.
#15 Posted by wefwefasdf (6730 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:
You've played it already? "
I'm just guessing based on the demo. I was excited for it until then... Now the advertising seems WAY too cocky for how good the game might be.
#16 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I feel like the parody would have been significantly funnier if they didn't make all the jokes pop up repeatedly, or if they weren't so long. The "war never changes" bit made me chuckle after five seconds and the rest of the narration was worthless. Bad Company had the right idea, making their digs at other games nice and short.

#17 Posted by isles (251 posts) -
@Snapstacle said:
"

Kudos to those dicktits at EA for getting the right kind of message out for Bulletstorm, finally.

Quality writing that puts Jeff to shame. He should give up and hand you the keys to the office. "
I can't tell if you missed the joke, are being sarcastic or if you're actually genuine.
#18 Posted by FCKSNAP (2337 posts) -
@isles
@Snapstacle said:
"

Quality writing that puts Jeff to shame. He should give up and hand you the keys to the office. "
I can't tell if you missed the joke, are being sarcastic or if you're actually genuine.
Shhhhh, the internet isn't out to get you. Its just being playful and doesn't carry voice very well.
#19 Posted by FCKSNAP (2337 posts) -

Dude huge for all!

#20 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2729 posts) -

Iz funni cuz iz tru!
#21 Posted by SuicidalSnowman (467 posts) -

I was as impressed with this one as the other ad-parodies.  I really enjoyed the Halo one, except I think if they are going to go after Halo for its "super seriousness" then they might as well get the Gears ones too. 

I don't understand why they are making fun of the bullet time events when Bulletstorm is an entire game based around the idea that once you touch someone with a laser whip they  go into slow motion to make it easier to kill them. Why is it ok when you do it but not when someone else does?  Unless their only crack at CoD is that it tries to be realistic but isn't, and since Bulletstorm never says anything about realism, it is acceptable? 

Also, the repeated cracks about the leveling up where silly.  Bulletstorm isn't going to have any sort of score or EXP based progression?  I thought the whole premise was "I kill creatively to increase my score."  All games do it, whether they use military or fantasy names doesn't seem to matter to me. 

Finally, the "screen is red, so realistic" bit really turned me off.  FIrst of all, people have been making the "OH MY GOD JELLY on my face" jokes about MW2 for, quite literally, years now.  And secondly, I could have sworn that Bulletstorm did the same in the quick look of the demo. 

I don't know if I can get behind this.  The advertising for this game is just so juvenile and poorly executed, it makes me feel awkward buying the game.  Sort of like Dead Space 2, I don't want to be known as someone who buys a game because "my Mom will hate it."  I don't know if I can buy a game that insults my intelligence in all of its marketing.

#22 Posted by laserbolts (5444 posts) -

It's pretty funny that the games they are making fun of are better than their game based on the demo I played anyways.

#23 Posted by afrofools (1390 posts) -
@laserbolts said:
" It's pretty funny that the games they are making fun of are better than their game based on the demo I played anyways. "
I strongly believe that COD is garbage... not that Bulletstorm is much better in my opinion, but at least it doesn't take itself too seriously.
#24 Edited by RelentlessKnight (1131 posts) -

And the trolling starts

#25 Posted by zudthespud (3327 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" @Axxol said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:
You've played it already? "
I'm just guessing based on the demo. I was excited for it until then... Now the advertising seems WAY too cocky for how good the game might be. "
Wow I'm surprised you didn't like the demo, I played it and it's the first demo in years I've played 4 times over back to back, I loved it. Brad  had a similar reaction in the QL.   

I'm sure Bulletstorm will do great. EA know how to market the balls off anything.
#26 Posted by isles (251 posts) -
@Snapstacle said:
" @isles
@Snapstacle said:
"

Shhhhh, the internet isn't out to get you. Its just being playful and doesn't carry voice very well. "
thnx bb
#27 Posted by evanbrau (1178 posts) -

Played Bulletstorm at a press event a while back and it seemed like it would be a fun thrill ride, the marketing is pretty obnoxious though. I wonder how People Can Fly feel about the marketing company taking that direction with their game. I really hope it has the skills to pay the bills after making all this fuss.

#28 Edited by mano521 (1258 posts) -

i love call of duty and that video made me crack up 
" i am a paratrooper because that is a real life war scenario. you cannot shoot me because this is a cutscene, making it more dramatic. soon i will be landing.  i have landed on the ground" 

#29 Posted by FlyingRat (1447 posts) -

Not really digging the game's style, the gameplay seems fun enough though. The humour just kinda comes across as what a 12 year old kid thinks is cool. You can shoot dudes in the fucking nutsack, brah! Isn't that awesome?!

#30 Posted by Napalm (9230 posts) -
@SuicidalSnowman said:
" I was as impressed with this one as the other ad-parodies.  I really enjoyed the Halo one, except I think if they are going to go after Halo for its "super seriousness" then they might as well get the Gears ones too. 

I don't understand why they are making fun of the bullet time events when Bulletstorm is an entire game based around the idea that once you touch someone with a laser whip they  go into slow motion to make it easier to kill them. Why is it ok when you do it but not when someone else does?  Unless their only crack at CoD is that it tries to be realistic but isn't, and since Bulletstorm never says anything about realism, it is acceptable?  Also, the repeated cracks about the leveling up where silly.  Bulletstorm isn't going to have any sort of score or EXP based progression?  I thought the whole premise was "I kill creatively to increase my score."  All games do it, whether they use military or fantasy names doesn't seem to matter to me.  Finally, the "screen is red, so realistic" bit really turned me off.  FIrst of all, people have been making the "OH MY GOD JELLY on my face" jokes about MW2 for, quite literally, years now.  And secondly, I could have sworn that Bulletstorm did the same in the quick look of the demo.  I don't know if I can get behind this.  The advertising for this game is just so juvenile and poorly executed, it makes me feel awkward buying the game.  Sort of like Dead Space 2, I don't want to be known as someone who buys a game because "my Mom will hate it."  I don't know if I can buy a game that insults my intelligence in all of its marketing. "
This is what we like to call, "thinking about shit too fucking hard and missing the entire goddamn point." Learn from this, kids. Don't be like this fool.
#31 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5277 posts) -
@mano521 said:
" i love call of duty and that video made me crack up " i am a paratrooper because that is a real life war scenario. you cannot shoot me because this is a cutscene, making it more dramatic. soon i will be landing.  i have landed on the ground"  "
This is the part that got me pretty good as well.
#32 Posted by GunslingerPanda (5030 posts) -

Looks better than Bulletstorm.

#33 Posted by BasketSnake (1427 posts) -

I haven't tried it yet but I already want chinese installation satellite radar comm intelligence center DLC....or something.

#34 Posted by Vinny_Says (5909 posts) -
It's like EA forgot they ever published Medal of Honor (2010) 

@SpikeSpiegel said:
Yeah cause you already played it and all...
#35 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5094 posts) -

Activision should release a Gears parody for when the next CoD comes out, Gears is a much easier target.

#36 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4311 posts) -

Duty Calls looks like a better game than Call of Duty...  Wait a second...

#37 Posted by MikkaQ (10296 posts) -

I didn't "play" it, but watched it on youtube. I cracked right up, it was a good ad. "LEVEL UP! SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON EXTREME!" 

Or my favorite: "I will never give nuclear missile bomb to you" "Give the nuclear missile bomb back to us, and put your hands in the air" "... Okay, USA is dominate. I am crying tears!" *Thumbs up*

#38 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5195 posts) -
@Bennyishere said:
"You know what's better than playing Duty Calls? Watching Dopefish play Duty Calls. Buying Bulletstorm. "

That dopefish of your is so happy you can't help but smile. :D
#39 Posted by BounceDK (169 posts) -

Garbage game from a garbage company.

#40 Posted by armaan8014 (5738 posts) -
#41 Posted by Chubbaluphigous (610 posts) -
@armaan8014: That's what I thought.  I couldn't stand that video.
#42 Posted by SuicidalSnowman (467 posts) -
@Napalm: Or is it taking a critical approach to how I spend my money, and not merely being drawn in by clever marketing because some company wants me to think that its superficially satiric advergame means I should follow the crowd and not form my own opinions? 

Keep taking that approach to life, see how far it gets you.
#43 Posted by Yanngc33 (4551 posts) -

My thumbs are emitting patriotism VERY NICE

#44 Posted by _Horde (850 posts) -
@SuicidalSnowman: No, no. I'd agree with the other guy. Way too serious.
#45 Posted by spartan1017 (243 posts) -
@X19 said:
" I'm more interested in playing that than Bulletstorm. "
i know, right. i wish they were making this into a full game rather than bulletstorm.
#46 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12665 posts) -

Much like the Halo 3 "Believe" parody, it's funny, but they're trying too hard. Taking potshots at other games is all well and good, but I can't help but feel a hint of desperation coming from this game's marketing.

#47 Posted by Napalm (9230 posts) -
@spartan1017 said:
" @X19 said:
" I'm more interested in playing that than Bulletstorm. "
i know, right. i wish they were making this into a full game rather than bulletstorm. "
This isn't the Modern Warfare 2 forum, bro.
#48 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2729 posts) -

I can't believe they actually did something like that, it was awesome. 
#49 Posted by Redbullet685 (6186 posts) -

I can't wait for Bulletstorm

#50 Posted by SuicidalSnowman (467 posts) -
@_Horde:  
Fair enough.  I personally think taking a close, critical look at things is important, but of course to each his own.  

-Snowman

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.