Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dying Light

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 27, 2015

Dying Light is a first-person, open world game set in a zombie apocalypse. The player character is able to free-run to get around the environment quickly.

I kinda wish volatiles were the only special infected

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Maybe also the goons.The other ones are not hard or interesting to me, just annoying. Virals especially showing up whenever you make the slightest of noise and won't give up chasing you and know exactly where you are even if you leave the area. If you make noise I would like it better if just a giant number of regular zombies will come to you. I don't really need or want variety of infected in a zombie game. Screamers I would accept though. They're interesting.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

But there is nothing more satisfying than slow-mo cutting off a volatiles head with a katana while it is in full sprint towards you.

Avatar image for japanesebuffalo
    JapaneseBuffalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I totally agree because of the amount of times I died to the kamikaze zombies just appearing out of nowhere instantly killing me.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have absolutely no love for exploding zombies in tight corridors. When there are 3 of them in a row, spaced just enough so each explosion only kill you and one zombie for you to respawn just to run into the next exploding bastard. Rinse and repeat.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I think since they removed the targeting and crippling of limbs from Dead Island the Goons are boring. You can't get creative with taking them out, you just have to hit them enough times.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I'm okay with everything except the exploding zombies. Virals are easy enough to kill and also easy enough to just run away from if that's how you want to roll, the chargers are dead simple to avoid and they don't even spawn very often, the toads are super fragile, but the exploding zombies tend to show up constantly in close quarters and that sucks.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm okay with everything except the exploding zombies. Virals are easy enough to kill and also easy enough to just run away from if that's how you want to roll, the chargers are dead simple to avoid and they don't even spawn very often, the toads are super fragile, but the exploding zombies tend to show up constantly in close quarters and that sucks.

Gotta agree with this guy. Every special infected can be hella annoying from time to time, but the exploding f*uckgoblers are a pain in the ass all the time every time!

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Explodey guys have made me shit my pants more than once, so they stay in the picture.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think since they removed the targeting and crippling of limbs from Dead Island the Goons are boring. You can't get creative with taking them out, you just have to hit them enough times.

Well they didn't remove it, I just think some enemies are mostly immune to it. I think the game is okay on special zombies though, I just wish the giant goliath things weren't so common once you get to a certain point. The Virals are annoying at first but are you progress they become less and less of a threat. By the time I was done with the game Virals might as well have been biters to me, they took no more effort to kill. The only special zombie I wish they didn't remove but seriously toned down was the exploding ones. Seriously the "one shot kill" range is wayyyyyyy to huge on them, and having them show up 1-3 in tight halls all back to back is just annoying as holy hell. It would have been nice if they did more with bolters as well, in the end they are nothing but a hard to catch resource you can use for a high end weapon upgrade early in the game.

Retromancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Wrong. Screamers are horrifying. The first time I encountered one all I heard was it crying and then it's child feet hitting the pavement as it ran away. never even saw it.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shotgunlincoln: Screamers are okay because they make perfect sense. Just infected children.

But I can do without the others. They're just bothersome to me, not interesting.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Man, the exploding zombies were the fuckin' opposite of fun. I think by the end of the game I had 200 health, so double what you start with, and they still killed me in one shot, regardless of how close I was to them. One hit kills in a game like this should not be a thing. Ever.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I'll echo the other sentiments on the exploding zombies. Fuck those guys. Fuck 'em to hell. I've had so many cheap ass deaths from those guys. They definitely shouldn't be one hit deaths, or at the very least, not have such an enormous blast radious. And they're always so poorly placed in the scripted sequences. They always come around a corner right in front of me, and either out of reaction I'll hit them right away, or I'll be hitting a regular zombie when one just pops up outta nowhere, and I hit it and die. The other special zombies I really have no issue with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.