Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dynamite

Object » linked to 227 games

Invented by Alfred Nobel in 1866, dynamite has exploded onto the video game scene with devastating effect.

TNT Games You'd Like To See

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff

OK, it's suggestion time. We're kind of sick of playing first-person shooters on TNT. They require too much concentration, which rarely works in the "let's sit on the couch and talk shit while we play games" format. And they're stupid repetitive. Two hours of corridor crawling and headshots isn't always compelling to watch.

So which multiplayer games would you like to see us play? We're considering a lot of different options, including turning to super-old (well, as "super-old" as a modern online game can get) releases and dragging them back into the spotlight. I think I wouldn't mind doing two hours of Virtua Fighter 5, but that's just me.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff

OK, it's suggestion time. We're kind of sick of playing first-person shooters on TNT. They require too much concentration, which rarely works in the "let's sit on the couch and talk shit while we play games" format. And they're stupid repetitive. Two hours of corridor crawling and headshots isn't always compelling to watch.

So which multiplayer games would you like to see us play? We're considering a lot of different options, including turning to super-old (well, as "super-old" as a modern online game can get) releases and dragging them back into the spotlight. I think I wouldn't mind doing two hours of Virtua Fighter 5, but that's just me.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By FCKSNAP

League of Legends! Free-to-play, low PC requirements, tons of players. There's nothing more perfect.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says

Splinter Cell Double Agent is pretty unique

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I personally am a big fan of the older PC game stuff you've done in the past, and I had an odd one for ya. I know its not a super old game, but I'd love to see you guys do the PC version of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Yes, I know its half FPS and that its not the most popular game and that it certainly wasn't designed for PC, but it has in my opinion one of the greatest and most innovative multiplayer experiences of all time. I know most people probably don't own it, but its on Steam for like $5, it shouldn't be TOO HARD for people to shell out $5.

@blacklabeldomm

said:

" Splinter Cell Double Agent is pretty unique "

You posted that as I was writing my original, and I have to say, DA screwed up the CT formula SO BADLY.
    shadyspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By shadyspace
    @Jeff said:

" OK, it's suggestion time. We're kind of sick of playing first-person shooters on TNT. They require too much concentration, which rarely works in the "let's sit on the couch and talk shit while we play games" format. And they're stupid repetitive. Two hours of corridor crawling and headshots isn't always compelling to watch. So which multiplayer games would you like to see us play? We're considering a lot of different options, including turning to super-old (well, as "super-old" as a modern online game can get) releases and dragging them back into the spotlight. I think I wouldn't mind doing two hours of Virtua Fighter 5, but that's just me. "

Awesome. Watching FPS has to be just about the most boring thing in the world. Anything but more FPSs would be great. More fighting games would be even better.
    Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sil3n7

We should all play Battlefield 2. I'd be dope. (not exactly the boring corridor crawling shooter) Also I just want to see Jeff crash at high speed in a jet. 

Or Def Jam Rapstar.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#7  Edited By jaqen_hghar
    Mount and Blade Warband would be neat to see. I have never played the MP part of it, but the game itself is awesome.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @President_Barackbar:  Pandora tomorrow is where it's at, but xbox live no longer works for that :(
    shadyspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shadyspace

Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom because A) You've only done one Wii TNT B) It's a fighting game, which people love to watch even those that don't play them C) I could actually participate in a TNT.

President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadyspace said:

" Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom because A) You've only done one Wii TNT B) It's a fighting game, which people love to watch even those that don't play them C) I could actually participate in a TNT. "

That's because its a bitch to get Wii TNT's organized due to the stupid friend code system.

@blacklabeldomm said:

" @President_Barackbar:  Pandora tomorrow is where it's at, but xbox live no longer works for that :( "

A CT TNT on the PC would be basically the same as PT. CT was PT's MP but better.
    Elite_Jason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Elite_Jason

I think a Soul Caliber 4 night or segment could be fun. With all the customize options it would be interesting to see the custom characters the community has created. Tie it together with Virtua Fighter 5 and it could be a customized character night.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By EVO

PixelJunk Shooter 2?

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By scarace360

Blazblue continuum shift. A: because watching anime people beat each other up is always fun to watch B: We already have a giantbomb community that plays it so people will show up C: Fighting games are fun to watch.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By wrighteous86

GTA IV, Left 4 Dead, NBA Jam.  They'd all be pretty different, to say the least.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By l4wd0g

Grand Theft Auto 4 would be my vote.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm also gonna say Mount and Blade: Warband.

President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Durandir said:
    " Mount and Blade Warband would be neat to see. I have never played the MP part of it, but the game itself is awesome. "
    @TheSeductiveMoose said:
    " I'm also gonna say Mount and Blade: Warband. "
    I will third this.
    Kovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kovie

More TNTs of fighting games resonates with me. With all of the more relevant ones already spotlighted, I would love to see something like Virtua Fighter.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By trace

I would suggest something with racing like Forza 3, but I think racing games have too many of the same issues you're trying to avoid (they require a lot of concentration, and the view's not great if you're not battling for position). About the only way around this is if you're doing decidedly non-racing things with cars, and there's not many games for that.

I guess I'd suggest Forza 3 (I can provide advice on this) and Burnout Paradise regardless of what I just said, but I'd also really enjoy watching more obscure fighting games. I find a lot of enjoyment watching lag-free fights happen, no matter the fighting game.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Slaker117

I don't play Starcarft, but I found the Brad and Norm commentated matches really engaging. Seems like the opposite of the "sit back and talk" style but throwing that out there anyway.

Mortal Kombat should be a regular once in comes out given the favor it carries in both the staff and community. As long as it doesn't somehow turn out to be crap that is.

It might be cool if instead of always being a "play with the staff" thing, it turned into broadcasted Giant Bomb community tournaments. Maybe not every week, but on occasion. You guys aren't really engaging the people you're playing with anyway, and a lot of times in fighting games you already sit out and watch other people play. Add a bracket and it instantly becomes more interesting, throw in prizes if it makes sense and it's even more so.

More developers or guests in general would be fun as well. The Duke 3D episode was great, not for the game, but for having Pachter, John St John and Broussard. Dino for Dead Space 2 was also really cool. Getting an in-depth look at a game like that is interesting. Hell, the N64 discussion from last week had nothing to do with Crysis, but it was fascinating. More stuff like that on the site in general would be great.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By benpack

I would suggest that Risk XBLA game but one game of that would probably be most of TNT and somewhat boring to watch now that I think about it. Revisiting some of the Left 4 Dead 1&2 DLC might be cool.

Edit: Burnout Paradise.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Snapstacle said:
    " League of Legends! Free-to-play, low PC requirements, tons of players. There's nothing more perfect. "
    I'll endorse this.
    Carnage1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Carnage1290

SC2's always a really fun TNT, but I'm sure people that don't play SC2 are sick of seeing that. Fighting games seem like a good second though, they're fun to watch, and I agree that first person shooters get old to watch someone else play really quick.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By JJOR64
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Slaker117

I remember finding the MMA TNT really fun to watch, which was weird considering I don't care about MMA. Maybe try Fight Night as well? Seems like a logical next step.

Also, any game that someone from the staff is really into is naturally going to be more fun to watch because you're having more fun playing it. The MK2/3, AC:B, and SC2 ones were all good. Choose something you want to play and people with probably like it.

shootermcclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By shootermcclay

I want to see more Test Drive Unlimited 2.  The Quick Look was incredible.

Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sil3n7
    @JJOR64 said:
    " How about Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts? "
    An extension of that idea would be to have the people on the gbtnt friends list to send in their own creations and the crew rates them live. Maybe prizes for the best too. 
    Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about a WoW /dance party? Or Fat Princess? Or Pokemon battles over Shoddy (or the DS versions)? Or Worms Reloaded? Or Gunbound?

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By eldiax

Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

smitty86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By smitty86

I'm going to put my vote for GTA4 as well. I haven't seen much of anything from that game in years and anyone that still has it now I'm sure knows the best ways to make it exciting (i.e - grabbing a helicopter and chasing people down while being surrounded by explosions. But what ever you guys pick, just don't let it be Starcraft 2 again. Two SC2 TNTs was more than enough.

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vexed

Rumble Roses XX

ahem...

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By Chris2KLee

I'd say some DotA style games, since you can get a few people in there at a time, but I'm not sure anyone in the office is down for that, and it does require quite a bit of concentration. My dream would be Monster Hunter Tri on Wii, but some how I don't see that happening anytime soon.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By YoThatLimp

Mount and Blade with Dave, please! 

@President_Barackbar said: 

@Durandir said: 

Mount and Blade Warband would be neat to see. I have never played the MP part of it, but the game itself is awesome. "
    @TheSeductiveMoose said: 
    I will third this. "

Fourth'd
    Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTA 4 would be interesting, but the multiplayer for that is barely "multiplayer."

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hot_Karl

mount & blade warband, even though like 5 people said it already. game is totes awesome online. also rooting for some league of legends, splinter cell, maybe even some quake live, considering it's free?

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Example1013

SOCOM: Confrontation. It's technically not a FPS. 

No, but really, most of my multiplayer games are FPSes. 

I mean, I have MUA 2, SSFIV, and...I think that's about it. Rock band?

TehJedicake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TehJedicake

Yeah, M&B Warband is fuckin awesome.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By TechHits

Any Fighting Game --or-- Star craft 

When you guys play games you are fans of it's always more fun to watch, because you're so much more into it. Plus fighting games lend them selves to the TNT formula better than any other genre.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By FesteringNeon

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sabata

Let's see some Lost Planet 2!  I'm sure your hatred for the game and nobody knowing what the fuck they're doing would work well together.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

You guys should try out some Street Fighter games like 3rd Strike on GGPO. No rsvps and there isn't friend requests, just an announcement and request fights during the day. 

Or you can play Super Street Fighter II: Turbo HD Remix.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By TheHT
    @Metalideth said:

" Mount and Blade with Dave, please! 

@President_Barackbar

said: 

@Durandir said: 

Mount and Blade Warband would be neat to see. I have never played the MP part of it, but the game itself is awesome. "
    @TheSeductiveMoose said: 
    I will third this. "
       Fourth'd "
    @VinceNotVance said:

" mount & blade warband, even though like 5 people said it already. game is totes awesome online. also rooting for some league of legends, splinter cell, maybe even some quake live, considering it's free? "

Sixth'd. -edit: errr, seventh'd-

Set up a 50 v 50 seige server or just 25 v 25 battle (round based) server. Or for more mayhem FFA or TDM. In any case, the game's tons of fun online.

Otherwise, Bionic Commando might be cool. Never tried the multiplayer myself but I just beat the SP which is great. Total War 2 seems like a big deal, and it's got MP, I think.

Hell, you could go back to some Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament. Sure they're FPS' but there isn't much out there like them these days.
    butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By butano

Mount & Blade Warband or Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory would be neat.
    Plain Sight could be fun. 

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By beej
    @Durandir said:
    " Mount and Blade Warband would be neat to see. I have never played the MP part of it, but the game itself is awesome. "
    I'd be down for mount and blade. 
    Mechwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mechwing

Tetris for PSN. <_<

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DrPockets000

If the server is still up, Blur.  That game is complete anarchy online.

k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By k9

How about this. 

Have Jeff and Ryan (or vinny) start a game of Yakuza 4 from the beginning and play it for two hours. Allow people to call and ask questions on chat about the game "while" you are playing the game live. This would be like a quick look except that it lasts for 2 hours and you will be playing a new session of Yakuza 4 every Thursday right from where you left off last time.

Thursday Night Perseverance.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playstation Home. It has Chess, Checkers, Bowling and Pool!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.