TNT Games You'd Like To See

#201 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

I'd like to play Uncharted 2 again cause I missed out the first time :(

#202 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1335 posts) -

WE REQUIRE MORE STARCRAFT

#203 Posted by Hoursofbs (88 posts) -
@Snapstacle said:
" League of Legends! Free-to-play, low PC requirements, tons of players. There's nothing more perfect. "
Yes
#204 Posted by OneManX (1687 posts) -

Brotherhood

I want that Face... AND Neck!

#205 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I always say it but I would like to see a DEFCON TNT. It can go as slow as you want it to go, the Giantbomb staff all seem to like it, people still play the multiplayer and it is interesting to watch the strategy play out and it always fun to watch global thermonuclear war. Or you could just play a nice game of chess.

#206 Posted by President_Barackbar (3455 posts) -
@gla55jAw said:
" Someone earlier said Splinter Cell Double Agent. I remember that multiplayer being crazy. I would pick that up again for TNT."
If you're gonna suggest a Splinter Cell game, at least pick one of the ones with GOOD multiplayer (like Chaos Theory)
#207 Posted by Undeadpool (4924 posts) -

I wouldn't mind revisiting Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. The new maps and new modes have really extended the life of that game.

#208 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

NHL 11(a boy can dream) GTA4 would be pretty sweet.

#209 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

mount & blade warband,  
NHl 11 wold be fun 
gears of war 2  
Brotherhood 

Also Unreal tournament 2k4, that game was boss
#210 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

The Best Quicklooks have been the Starcraft 2 ones. Hearing the reactions of everyone else as brad gets in the zone is pretty fucking cool. More of these would be awesome.  

Also, if the PS2 still goes network wise:  

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.

#211 Edited by Sairon (1 posts) -

With totally ulterior motives I suggest you try Nimbus! Not only has pretty much nobody tried it, but if you check around with google fu I'm confident you'll find those who have has generally had a very pleasant experience. The review average is close to 9 / 10, and it's received a few awards and nominations, most notably perhaps nominations for Most innovative of 2010 & Best quick fix of 2010 @ IGN. The game is now 50% off, but in case you want a free copy just ask me :) 

Would be really honored to see you guys giving it a whirl for better or worse! 

EDIT: But then again Nimbus doesn't have online play at the moment, I'll try to read the last paragraph next time :P

#212 Posted by Guyzea (816 posts) -
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 or 2 
Call of duty 4 
GTA IV 
Red Dead Redemption
#213 Posted by Bozar (133 posts) -

League of Legends, Magicka (Could do the Challenges if you don't wanna trek through the campaign) and maybe 1nsane (Which is 1ncredibly fun in multiplayer (hopefully it still works fine on modern computers)).

Mucking about in Garry's Mod or Minecraft could bring forth some hilarious moments as well.

#214 Posted by Aas (603 posts) -
@eldiax said:
" Heroes of Might and Magic 3. "
Oh, what a wonderful world you must live in. Take me there!
#215 Posted by Ben_H (3344 posts) -

Age of Empires 2 
Minecraft 
Quake Live 
Doom
Company of Heroes 
Magicka 
Burnout Paradise 
More Starcraft 2 
MvC3 
SSF4 

Fighting games in general make for good TNTs.

#216 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

Oh! MINECRAFT!
TNT on the tested server! That'd be fantastic!

#217 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I also love me some Virtua Fighter. I always wanted to see a Mount and Blade Warband TNT, if enough dudes are into it.

#218 Posted by LackLuster (713 posts) -

Isn't there a new Total War game out now?

#219 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2093 posts) -

If only Just Cause 2 had multiplayer...

#220 Posted by gla55jAw (2688 posts) -
@President_Barackbar said:
" @gla55jAw said:
" Someone earlier said Splinter Cell Double Agent. I remember that multiplayer being crazy. I would pick that up again for TNT."
If you're gonna suggest a Splinter Cell game, at least pick one of the ones with GOOD multiplayer (like Chaos Theory) "
Haven't played that one, but there would be no way to play that on consoles for TNT.
#221 Posted by President_Barackbar (3455 posts) -
@gla55jAw said:
" @President_Barackbar said:
" @gla55jAw said:
If you're gonna suggest a Splinter Cell game, at least pick one of the ones with GOOD multiplayer (like Chaos Theory) "
Haven't played that one, but there would be no way to play that on consoles for TNT. "
There is a PC version on Steam for $5
#222 Edited by Potter9156 (941 posts) -

A GTAIV free roam TNT would be entertaining. Gears 2 horde maybe. Maybe Far Cry 2. The gameplay sucks but seeing what people can come up with the map editor is always fun. FC2 map editor contest extravaganza TNT or something?  

I dunno.

#223 Posted by GreggD (4489 posts) -
@PsEG said:
" I would suggest something with racing like Forza 3, but I think racing games have too many of the same issues you're trying to avoid (they require a lot of concentration, and the view's not great if you're not battling for position). About the only way around this is if you're doing decidedly non-racing things with cars, and there's not many games for that. I guess I'd suggest Forza 3 (I can provide advice on this) and Burnout Paradise regardless of what I just said, but I'd also really enjoy watching more obscure fighting games. I find a lot of enjoyment watching lag-free fights happen, no matter the fighting game. "
This, and GTA IV.
#224 Posted by MisterMouse (3550 posts) -

I actually always enjoy those TNT's where it is just a crazy mix of stuff! It offered a nice variety and some smaller known titles.

#225 Posted by Jeffsekai (7028 posts) -

League of Legends.

#226 Posted by Hunkulese (2702 posts) -

Well the Baseball season starts in 2 days. 

Just sayin'.

#227 Posted by l4wd0g (1935 posts) -

50 Cent: Blood in the Sand would be fun to watch as well.

#228 Posted by LutonHatter (330 posts) -

Random list time:

• Nethack
  • Gran Turismo 5
  • Red Alert (2) or any old RTS really
  • Some old BBS games
  • hmm run out of ideas I'll add more later once brain warms up...

I really enjoyed the night (don't think it was a TNT) where you guys busted out all the old games and consoles and just jumped from game to game. Maybe a bring your own game night where WM bods  all bring in a game + required hardware which they love that isn't quite so well known or popular choice.

#229 Posted by gla55jAw (2688 posts) -
" @gla55jAw said:
" @President_Barackbar said:
" @gla55jAw said:
Haven't played that one, but there would be no way to play that on consoles for TNT. "
There is a PC version on Steam for $5 "
Dammit. You know you just added another steam game I will buy and probably not play to my list hahaha.
#230 Edited by Bucketdeth (8007 posts) -

Little Big Planet 2.  

Grand Theft Auto 4, Cops and Robbers would be great.

#231 Posted by HeroicDrinkingSong (150 posts) -
@EvilTwin said:
" @Snapstacle said:
" League of Legends! Free-to-play, low PC requirements, tons of players. There's nothing more perfect. "
I'll endorse this. "
I'll re-endorse this.

Or Eve Online.  Everyone makes a new character and we all engage in a mass frigate battle with the starter ships.
#232 Posted by Giacomito (208 posts) -

Any fighting game really, those have been my favourite TNTs so far. 
Or just any game you guys really WANT to play, because if you are into it then it becomes more entertaining to watch. 

#233 Posted by Lukeweizer (2655 posts) -

Guild Wars.

#234 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11638 posts) -
@Aas said:
" @eldiax said:
" Heroes of Might and Magic 3. "
Oh, what a wonderful world you must live in. Take me there! "
This would pretty much be the best thing ever, but I don't see that working especially well in TNT format. Games take a little too long to really include a big section of the community. I'd be into it, but I'm sure the general audience wouldn't.

Personally, I'd just say go for more Fighting Games. I love watching Jeff rip dudes apart/get ripped apart by dudes all while casually espousing why he likes UMK 3 over MK2. If not that, why not Warcraft III? It's a Blizzard RTS, has modern internet capabilities including spectator mode, and also plenty of great custom gametypes to throw in every few rounds or so. Hell, why not just go for original Starcraft?
#235 Posted by ThePickle (4168 posts) -
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Halo 3
  • Borderlands (keep people on for a few minutes then boot them)
  • Rock Band 2 or 3
#236 Posted by Daveyo520 (6686 posts) -

I have MW2 and Red Dead.

#237 Posted by deadly_polo (471 posts) -

FIFA, get Giant Bomb out of their comfort zone (and you can play 11v11, so having no idea what is going on does not matter)

#238 Posted by EVHKwick (452 posts) -

XBLA Peggle. Get some crazy-ass Peggle Parties going on.

#239 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

With the AC Brotherhood DLC, I wouldn't mind seeing a new Brotherhood TNT. Nothing like some face and neck stabbing.

#240 Posted by martian_dogman (13 posts) -

trackmania would be awesome

#241 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

On weeks when no major multiplayer releases come out, my recommendation as a TNT is to simply grab a big box full of games for PS3 and 360 and just randomly pick a game you feel like throwing in. 

For instance if Jeff wants to randomly play VF5 he can go for it, and when someone else wants to play they could pick up a game of their choice (eg. Ryan Davis puts on GTA4). 

This seems like the most logical way to stucture TNT without having to think about it too much, especially considering that most of the replies in this thread are randomly naming a variety of games. And clearly variety is key to keeping everyone happy. 

(for when a new COD game or Halo game or whatever though comes out make sure you TNT it that week!)

#242 Posted by netfluffyG (65 posts) -

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and a more organized TNT of downloadable games.

#243 Edited by Mikemcn (6982 posts) -

" @Durandir said:

" Mount and Blade Warband would be neat to see. I have never played the MP part of it, but the game itself is awesome. "
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
" I'm also gonna say Mount and Blade: Warband. "
I will third this. "
I will 4th this. The 64 player cap means we could get a good amount of people playing. 
#244 Posted by Silver-Streak (1348 posts) -

Test Drive Unlimited, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood,  Monday Night Combat(PC version, maybe), Red Dead Redemption, and NFS:HP multiplayer are always interesting, no matter if it's been done before. 

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon if the network is still live. And if is, you should exclusively do Kart racing and Kombat Chess, to be hilarious. 

Fat Princess is still decently fun. 

Maybe a GB poker tournament with the new XBLA poker game Jeff liked. 

#245 Posted by Catarrhal (826 posts) -
@Jeff said:
"I wouldn't mind doing two hours of Virtua Fighter 5, but that's just me."
You're not alone, sir. Sarah Bryant for life.
#246 Posted by neoepoch (1295 posts) -

Dawn of War would be a nice change of pace from Starcraft. More intense NBA Jam stuff would be awesome (I wish I didn't leave my copy home). MK is a definite must when it comes out. ...Pokemon would be funny I suppose. Need for Speed is also cool. I'm having trouble drawing up actual reasons, besides it would be cool or different.

#247 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

TNT should be themed. 

Older fighting games 

Garou Mark of the Worves  
SSF2 Turbo 
UMK3 

then the next week you would do like  

Starcraft 2 
Warctaft 3 

i dont know

#248 Posted by anarchyzombie9 (615 posts) -

GTA4 is always tons of fun.

#249 Posted by Solh0und (1765 posts) -

Red Faction:  Guerrilla

#250 Posted by iAmJohn (6117 posts) -

Personally, I would love to see you guys play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.