Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jan 29, 2009

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires is a stand-alone expansion to Dynasty Warriors 6.

What's That?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187
    http://www.giantbomb.com/dynasty-warriors-6-empires-dude-flips-out/17-904/

On this video, there's a ton of people saying "what's that" in the comments.  Now, I'm sorry that I don't have to time to keep up on EVERY internet meme on the face of the planet, but I'm curious as to what the Hell is with the "what's that?" thing.  Is it a part of the giant enemy crab meme that I'm just not aware of, or is it something completely different?

In other news...that dood flips the FUCK OUT in that video!!!  For Dynasty Warriors fans, that's a welcome change from previous iterations.  While many may hate the franchise, I've always like Dynasty Warriors and its simplistic ways of letting you beat the shit out of dozens upon dozens upon dozens of enemies.  Plus...I'm a loot whore.  = D
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By PufferFiz

Don't know about the meme but Can't wait for DW6:E. The empire aspect of the game really addicting and improves the overall experience.
    I don't know about Meng Huo's pillar. Thought his claws were pretty bad ass.

Also I am sad that the over all quality of the video was very poor. And it is not the games fault I think Koei released a shit coded video.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zombie2011

At the end of the video all you hear are enemies saying whats that.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

AH!  NOW I HEAR IT!!!  Man, I feel fucking stupid now...

@PufferFiz said:
    " Don't know about the meme but Can't wait for DW6:E. The empire aspect of the game really addicting and improves the overall experience. I don't know about Meng Huo's pillar. Thought his claws were pretty bad ass.Also I am sad that the over all quality of the video was very poor. And it is not the games fault I think Koei released a shit coded video. "
    I've never really enjoyed the Empires stuff, but then again, I pretty much just enjoy mindlessly beating the Hell out of fools and nothing else when it comes to the Warriors franchises.  I enjoyed Warriors Orochi a ton, especially playing as Wei Yun.  Never really liked the Power characters like Meng Huo, but I'm just impressed by the speed at which the fighting goes in this video.  It at least puts some pizazz to the endless droning of button mashing...although with those buttons down in the corner, it seems like they are finally doing a couple of updates to the franchise that are more than just "meh" junk.

Also, the graphics look substantially better than previous installments in the Warriors games, as well as the amount of characters on-screen.  Definitely looking like a game I'll have to play.  I haven't even touched DW6 base game yet though.  =  /
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By PufferFiz
    @jakob187 said:
    " AH!  NOW I HEAR IT!!!  Man, I feel fucking stupid now...

@PufferFiz said:
    " Don't know about the meme but Can't wait for DW6:E. The empire aspect of the game really addicting and improves the overall experience. I don't know about Meng Huo's pillar. Thought his claws were pretty bad ass.Also I am sad that the over all quality of the video was very poor. And it is not the games fault I think Koei released a shit coded video. "
    I've never really enjoyed the Empires stuff, but then again, I pretty much just enjoy mindlessly beating the Hell out of fools and nothing else when it comes to the Warriors franchises.  I enjoyed Warriors Orochi a ton, especially playing as Wei Yun.  Never really liked the Power characters like Meng Huo, but I'm just impressed by the speed at which the fighting goes in this video.  It at least puts some pizazz to the endless droning of button mashing...although with those buttons down in the corner, it seems like they are finally doing a couple of updates to the franchise that are more than just "meh" junk.

Also, the graphics look substantially better than previous installments in the Warriors games, as well as the amount of characters on-screen.  Definitely looking like a game I'll have to play.  I haven't even touched DW6 base game yet though.  =  /
    "
    Same never got DW6, I am thinking about picking it up if I can get it cheap, Not sure if I really get into it.
    Yeah so apparently there is a new attack system and that is why there are those buttons on the bottom. Not sure how it works though.
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Demyx

I like Dynasty Warriors. Haven't played one in a while.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

Looking forward to the create a character aspect of Empires most.  Looks like they made it have a decent amount of options compared to the old games and being able to outfit your guy exactly how you want to play is always good for this kind of game (especially with how the combo system works in DW6 now, some characters are not that fun to play as).  Of course all the strategy stuff makes it a more complete experience (and sounds like the options are better this year with the three different strategy styles).  Looking like a quality game for DW fans to pick up.

@PufferFiz said:

" Same never got DW6, I am thinking about picking it up if I can get it cheap, Not sure if I really get into it.Yeah so apparently there is a new attack system and that is why there are those buttons on the bottom. Not sure how it works though. "
    If you mean the new combo system, you can endlessly press your normal attack button.  It's not like the old triangle finisher system.  You still have those type attacks but you add in the triangle attacks wherever.  Hard to explain but it feels a lot different.  You get insane combos.  Kind of makes it more mindless, but I don't hate it and I was getting tired a bit of the old system (even though this might not be better).  I probably would have rather had them just add more depth and options with special moves or something.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Black_Rose
    @Demyx said:
    " I like Dynasty Warriors. Haven't played one in a while. "
    Same.

Oh and the Giant enemy crab meme is from Genji not DW.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.