Dynasty Warriors 7 is the best Dynasty Warriors

• 90 results
Posted by Hailinel (23917 posts) -

After having finished the Wei storyline, roughly half of the Wu storyline, and messed around in Conquest Mode for a couple of hours, I have this to say.

Dynasty Warriors 7 is the best game in the series.

No, seriously.  Just about every change made is meaningful and adds more depth, complexity, style, and detail to nearly every facet of the game.  They threw out the Renbu combat system and went back to the old tried and true, then added multiple weapons and weapon switching attacks, revamped the musou gauge and the way musou attacks work, the character upgrade system is a mix of permanent stat-boosting items, skill points, and weapon abilities, and beyond a few standard stages (Yellow Turban Rebellion, Dong Zhuo's insurrection, Battle of Chibi), the campaigns feel completely fresh.

And a lot of that freshness has to do with the way that the game's story mode is structured.  In story mode, there's no character selection; the character is predetermined by whatever the current stage is.  So there's no magically weird story that follows a single character for over eighty years and don't necessarily end with their respective kingdom winning out and unifying China.  If anything, this game is more faithful to the original text of Romance of the Three Kingdoms than any of the Dynasty Warriors games before it, though it still takes numerous liberties for the sake of gameplay and dramatic license.  They even included the kingdom of Jin, which in the text and historically ended up growing out of the three kingdoms to establish the next Chinese dynasty.

So no, you don't play as everyone in story mode, but the Conquest Mode lets you play as anyone you've unlocked.  It's basically a challenge mode comprised of different stages, including challenge battles for specific characters, many of which are based on events from the novel that aren't covered in the story mode.  Then there are the smaller touches, like the fact that the English localization is easily the series' best; it seems that they went out of their way to ensure that most if not all of the Chinese names are pronounced properly this time around, and there are small graphic touches, as well, such as Xiahou Dun actually having a character model with two eyes and no eye patch prior to the point he gets an arrow shot in his face.

So while I'm sure that none of this will be of interest to those that enjoy using the series as a punching bag, this is plenty of extra incentive for people that enjoyed the previous games to give this one a go, too.

#1 Posted by Hailinel (23917 posts) -

After having finished the Wei storyline, roughly half of the Wu storyline, and messed around in Conquest Mode for a couple of hours, I have this to say.

Dynasty Warriors 7 is the best game in the series.

No, seriously.  Just about every change made is meaningful and adds more depth, complexity, style, and detail to nearly every facet of the game.  They threw out the Renbu combat system and went back to the old tried and true, then added multiple weapons and weapon switching attacks, revamped the musou gauge and the way musou attacks work, the character upgrade system is a mix of permanent stat-boosting items, skill points, and weapon abilities, and beyond a few standard stages (Yellow Turban Rebellion, Dong Zhuo's insurrection, Battle of Chibi), the campaigns feel completely fresh.

And a lot of that freshness has to do with the way that the game's story mode is structured.  In story mode, there's no character selection; the character is predetermined by whatever the current stage is.  So there's no magically weird story that follows a single character for over eighty years and don't necessarily end with their respective kingdom winning out and unifying China.  If anything, this game is more faithful to the original text of Romance of the Three Kingdoms than any of the Dynasty Warriors games before it, though it still takes numerous liberties for the sake of gameplay and dramatic license.  They even included the kingdom of Jin, which in the text and historically ended up growing out of the three kingdoms to establish the next Chinese dynasty.

So no, you don't play as everyone in story mode, but the Conquest Mode lets you play as anyone you've unlocked.  It's basically a challenge mode comprised of different stages, including challenge battles for specific characters, many of which are based on events from the novel that aren't covered in the story mode.  Then there are the smaller touches, like the fact that the English localization is easily the series' best; it seems that they went out of their way to ensure that most if not all of the Chinese names are pronounced properly this time around, and there are small graphic touches, as well, such as Xiahou Dun actually having a character model with two eyes and no eye patch prior to the point he gets an arrow shot in his face.

So while I'm sure that none of this will be of interest to those that enjoy using the series as a punching bag, this is plenty of extra incentive for people that enjoyed the previous games to give this one a go, too.

#2 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

The best? That's not really saying much...

#3 Posted by Hailinel (23917 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" The best? That's not really saying much... "
I said more in that blog post in support of my position than you have in yours.
#4 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @Enigma777 said:
I said more in that blog post in support of my position than you have in yours. "
You sure did.
#5 Posted by Hailinel (23917 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @Enigma777 said:
I said more in that blog post in support of my position than you have in yours. "
You sure did. "
Either you're obtuse, or going out of your way to be a jackass.  Not sure which.  You probably can't even defend your position beyond "lol Dynasty Warriors lol," so shut up.  Enough of that gets slung already.
#6 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

" @Enigma777 said:

" @Hailinel said:
" @Enigma777 said:
You sure did. "
Either you're obtuse, or going out of your way to be a jackass.  Not sure which.  You probably can't even defend your position beyond "lol Dynasty Warriors lol," so shut up.  Enough of that gets slung already. "
#7 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

These guys also did Hokuto Musou/Fist Of The North Star: Ken's Rage. That game is fun, brutal and satisfying, but it also feels eight or nine years old. I don't know enough about DYnasty Warriors to comment on quality, but I've read they are all very similar and somewhat derivative, much like Hokuto Musou was. I just thought I'd add my two cents to the discussion.

#8 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

" @Enigma777 said:

" @Hailinel said:
" @Enigma777 said:
You sure did. "
Either you're obtuse, or going out of your way to be a jackass.  Not sure which.  You probably can't even defend your position beyond "lol Dynasty Warriors lol," so shut up.  Enough of that gets slung already. "
To be fair, your wall of text is very impressive and all, but to the common man who says, "blah, another Dynasty Warriors game", which turns out is a large portion of the Giant Bomb community, most of your talk about combat systems and previous story modes is lost on us. I'm more than happy to listen to why this is better than previous Dynasty Warriors, but you're going to have to simplify the explanation a bit for those of us who can't make those connections. Unless of course the explanation wasn't meant for us, in which case you should have just ignored Hailinel's comment completely.
#9 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@SlashseveN303: Er? That's not really a wall of text.
#10 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -
@SlashseveN303 said:
"

@Hailinel said:

"

@Enigma777 said:

"

@Hailinel said:
"

@Enigma777 said:
"
                The best? That's not really saying much...
            "
I said more in that blog post in support of my position than you have in yours.

"
You sure did.

"
Either you're obtuse, or going out of your way to be a jackass.  Not sure which.  You probably can't even defend your position beyond "lol Dynasty Warriors lol," so shut up.  Enough of that gets slung already.

"
To be fair, your wall of text is very impressive and all, but to the common man who says, "blah, another Dynasty Warriors game", which turns out is a large portion of the Giant Bomb community, most of your talk about combat systems and previous story modes is lost on us. I'm more than happy to listen to why this is better than previous Dynasty Warriors, but you're going to have to simplify the explanation a bit for those of us who can't make those connections. Unless of course the explanation wasn't meant for us, in which case you should have just ignored Hailinel's comment completely.

"

In that case, you shouldn't be in this topic reading this in the first place case you guys don't care about the series. 

The last games i liked were 5, all the stuff they changed after that felt horrible to me, but if what you say is true about this game, maybe i'll get it. 
Oh right, Warriors Orochi was decent too i guess.
#11 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" @SlashseveN303: Er? That's not really a wall of text. "
Looking back on it, you're right. I guess that it just had the same effect on me. It was a lot of me reading sentence after sentence and not being able to follow along after a certain point despite my best efforts.
#12 Posted by MisterDunlap (245 posts) -

I've always enjoyed the DW games. It's nice to find someone else who thinks that DW7 is good. I didn't consider it the best, but after reading your blog, and acknowledging your points, I must say, I feel that you may be absolutely right. That is all. Thank you, and have Batman.

#13 Posted by President_Barackbar (3435 posts) -
@Hailinel:  First off, I don't like how you assume that the series doesn't absolutely deserve its reputation as a punching bag  based on prior games. Second, you said the combat was improved, but you didn't really elaborate on that point. Is it still the same old "kill a lot of these dude by mashing buttons" combat or is it different?
#14 Posted by SquirrelGOD (491 posts) -

Did they at the very least fix the bullshit from 6 where they all but gave up on each character being unique and just gave damn near everyone a spear or sword?  That angered me quite a bit.

#15 Posted by monstersnsoup (80 posts) -

I'm currently playing through DW7 and am probably going to review it. What you said is certainly true, it is the best DW game. That said it is still an incredibly dated game in nearly every way. I've always liked DW, but the devs always seem to lack the ambition to improve the game, or the courage to change any system in case they upset their fans.

#16 Edited by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

" @Enigma777 said:

" @Hailinel said:
" @Enigma777 said:
You sure did. "
Going out of my way would be something like linking you to all the individual Metacritic review scores to prove an obvious fact. Do you honestly want me to do that?

Look, I'm not saying that I disagree with your assessment. If you say DW7 is the best one yet, I'll take your word for it. However I think most of us can agree it's a relatively low bar to clear...
#17 Posted by Vexed (313 posts) -
@SquirrelGOD said:
" Did they at the very least fix the bullshit from 6 where they all but gave up on each character being unique and just gave damn near everyone a spear or sword?  That angered me quite a bit. "
Yeah, most characters are back to their trademark weapons, and there's a few new weapon types as well.   You can also equip anyone with any two weapon types you want, similar to Strikeforce.

I love the game, haters gonna hate.
#18 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@President_Barackbar said:
" @Hailinel:  First off, I don't like how you assume that the series doesn't absolutely deserve its reputation as a punching bag  based on prior games. "
How dare he share his own opinions!
#19 Posted by President_Barackbar (3435 posts) -
@Napalm said:

" @President_Barackbar said:

" @Hailinel:  First off, I don't like how you assume that the series doesn't absolutely deserve its reputation as a punching bag  based on prior games. "
How dare he share his own opinions! "
Oh come on, the line: " So while I'm sure that none of this will be of interest to those that enjoy using the series as a punching bag..." was meant purely to be condescending and has nothing to do with his actual opinion.
#20 Edited by MrGetBonus (782 posts) -

Just got this game today and being a fan of series since 3, I'm pretty much just gonna /agree with basically everything you said. Glad they went back to a more original DW game instead of all the horrible, horrible things they did in 6. I wish that Japanese voice over DLC would come out already though. I am glad that they are finally pronouncing everything correctly, but some of that VO is pretty laughable. Then again, hearing Zhang Jiao's english voice in 3 was a pretty memorable moment of my childhood lol.

Edit: Also, HOLY SHIT Huang Gai is the fucking man. I could not stop smiling while I was using his Musou and EX attacks on everything that moved.

#21 Posted by Hailinel (23917 posts) -
" @Hailinel:  First off, I don't like how you assume that the series doesn't absolutely deserve its reputation as a punching bag  based on prior games. Second, you said the combat was improved, but you didn't really elaborate on that point. Is it still the same old "kill a lot of these dude by mashing buttons" combat or is it different? "
I was wondering when you'd show up.

If I like the series as much as I do, why should I presume it deserves to be a punching bag?

And sure, I elaborated on the point of the combat being improved.  I didn't write a whole essay on it; that wasn't really the intention of the initial post, and I certainly doubt that you personally would care either way, given that you seem to take umbrage with just about everything I post related to my taste in video games.

Let me be blunt.  I sincerely doubt that even if I were to write the most reasoned, thought out, detailed essay on the history of the Dynasty Warriors combat system from Dynasty Warriors 3 (where I started playing) to Dynasty Warriors 7, you still wouldn't be satisfied and would likely just question why I don't like western games very much.  Again.

So how about this.  You let me know what you want to know specifically about the combat in detail in a query that's more refined than "is it still button mashy," and I'll endeavor to explain it to you as best as I can in the simplest terms that I am capable of.

@SquirrelGOD said:
" Did they at the very least fix the bullshit from 6 where they all but gave up on each character being unique and just gave damn near everyone a spear or sword?  That angered me quite a bit. "

Most if not all of the returning characters have their pre-DW6 weapons back.  You can equip different weapon types to the characters, but there's also a weapon affinity system in place, so you really only want to equip weapons to characters that they have a high affinity for.
#22 Edited by Napalm (9020 posts) -

" @Napalm said:

" @President_Barackbar said:

How dare he share his own opinions! "
Oh come on, the line: " So while I'm sure that none of this will be of interest to those that enjoy using the series as a punching bag..." was meant purely to be condescending and has nothing to do with his actual opinion. "
Yeah? That's Hailinel for you in a nutshell. Unforgiving and really has no interest to cater to people uninterested in the series. Also, stop acting so personally offended. We're in the damned Dynasty Warriors 7 forum for Christ's sake. This isn't a random blog in General Discussion, so it's kind of your fault regardless for even coming in here.
#23 Posted by President_Barackbar (3435 posts) -
@Hailinel:  Alright buddy, I've tried to be nice here, and I'm glad you assume that the only reason I came into this thread was to insult you, and not because I used to be a big Dynasty Warriors fan (played 2-4, tried 5) who got tired of them rehashing the same game over and over again. All I was saying is the reason DW has the reputation it has is that they took the series in a really awful, unfun direction. DW doesn't have a bad reputation because its from Japan or something, it has a bad reputation because almost all of the recent entries (DW or Samurai Warriors for that matter) have been bad games. And as for what I want to know specifically about the combat, I think you know EXACTLY what I mean when I say "is it still button mashy", as in, is it still the same boring, dull grind they kept up for a good long time.
#24 Posted by President_Barackbar (3435 posts) -
@Napalm: That still doesn't really explain what you meant by me being "offended" by his opinion.
#25 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -
"

@Hailinel:  Alright buddy, I've tried to be nice here, and I'm glad you assume that the only reason I came into this thread was to insult you, and not because I used to be a big Dynasty Warriors fan (played 2-4, tried 5) who got tired of them rehashing the same game over and over again. All I was saying is the reason DW has the reputation it has is that they took the series in a really awful, unfun direction. DW doesn't have a bad reputation because its from Japan or something, it has a bad reputation because almost all of the recent entries (DW or Samurai Warriors for that matter) have been bad games. And as for what I want to know specifically about the combat, I think you know EXACTLY what I mean when I say "is it still button mashy", as in, is it still the same boring, dull grind they kept up for a good long time.

"

Your very first sentence upon entering the thread didn't seem like you were trying to be nice.
#26 Posted by Vexed (313 posts) -

And here I thought this might be a DW7 appreciation thread, silly me.

#27 Posted by President_Barackbar (3435 posts) -
@Shirogane:  Yes, I do admit that it maybe sounded a little hostile, I just really don't understand how someone could (as I construed from his post) not understand why DW has the reputation it has.
#28 Posted by Hailinel (23917 posts) -
" @Hailinel:  Alright buddy, I've tried to be nice here, and I'm glad you assume that the only reason I came into this thread was to insult you, and not because I used to be a big Dynasty Warriors fan (played 2-4, tried 5) who got tired of them rehashing the same game over and over again. All I was saying is the reason DW has the reputation it has is that they took the series in a really awful, unfun direction. DW doesn't have a bad reputation because its from Japan or something, it has a bad reputation because almost all of the recent entries (DW or Samurai Warriors for that matter) have been bad games. And as for what I want to know specifically about the combat, I think you know EXACTLY what I mean when I say "is it still button mashy", as in, is it still the same boring, dull grind they kept up for a good long time. "
Well, why didn't you say you played previous entries?  Geez.

Also, one man's dull is another man's fun.  You still cut through hordes of enemies (this is Dynasty Warriors we're talking about), but there refined touches to the combat that make the enemy officers more dangerous.  And I've only been playing on the Normal difficulty so far, so I can't say what it'll be like if I were to crank it up to Chaos and run around with a fresh character with no upgrades and a weapon with a 1-star affinity.  (i.e.: Feeling suicidal.)  The overall challenge that I've encountered as a result hasn't been terribly difficult, but then I don't play these games looking for a Ninja Gaiden level of challenge.

(And if that answer isn't to your liking, you're query still asked about it being button-mashy.  Also, it's nearly 11:45PM and I am more interested in going to bed now than I am in staying up and continuing this farcical debate.  That in mind, good night.  I'll check these responses again in the morning.  I might feel more up to providing a more detailed answer to any questions levied at that point.
#29 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -
"

@Shirogane:  Yes, I do admit that it maybe sounded a little hostile, I just really don't understand how someone could (as I construed from his post) not understand why DW has the reputation it has.

"

From what i see, it's more of a, the DW series seems to just get way more flak than usual on GB because of how the GB crew feel on the whole series. Sure, it has the bad rep but quite a lot of the stuff coming from people is exagerrated and coming from people who've never even touched one of these games, so it's easy to see why he feels the need to make such a comment.
#30 Posted by Sweep (8822 posts) -
@President_Barackbar: @Hailinel: If you can't learn to play nice then I will take away your toys.
#31 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
@President_Barackbar:  I also got tired of the Dynasty Warriors series after a certain point, but what should also be obvious by now is that some people are perfectly happy with annualised releases of certain series ( Call of Duty, Dynasty Warriors, sports games, etc.). Whether you want more of a series or not is an expression of personal preference and doesn't counter the argument made in the game's favour by Haillinel.  If you simply don't want to hack and slash waves of enemies it's still not the series for you. 

@Hailinel: Thanks for the writeup, I will definitely check DW7 out. 

@Enigma777: Metacritic, really? It's an industry tool, nothing more. If I've had fun with a game, or series, I don't need review scores to validate it for me.
#32 Posted by thuiscool (107 posts) -

@Hailinel Very interesting write up.

DW7 is my first entry into the series, so I don't understand the differences, but so far, it's a ton of fun.

Should I play the previous games for the story, or do they all just go through the Three Kingdoms story?

#33 Posted by RecSpec (3764 posts) -

The only issue with this game is instead of Koei trying to make it more accessible for newcomers, they just refine it for fans of the series.  
 You can't talk about this game without qualifying it in a bunch of ways. Best in the series for example.   

It kind of reminds me of Final Fantasy in a way, it seems that most Final Fantasy games nowadays just cater to people that are already fans. 

Don't get me wrong, I love this game and have put about 40+ hours into it already, but yeah, there isn't really much to say about this game that will appeal to people that aren't of the series.

#34 Posted by Stupot (177 posts) -
@thuiscool:  They all follow the same story really so i wouldn't suggest getting the others especially if this is the best DW so far. Going back might disappoint you haha.

Also great write up, i'll definately pick this up now once i get the money. Love me some DW.
#35 Posted by SMTDante89 (2545 posts) -

I hadn't had much interest in Dynasty Warriors for years.  My friend picked up Ken's Rage late last year and I played it.  I had heard of Fist of the North Star, but never really looked into it back when I was interested in Anime.  I very much enjoyed it, a lot.  I just might pick this up after my Finals in a little while.

#36 Posted by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

Last DW game I played was 5 and really enjoyed it. Didnt bother playing 6 after seeing that the vast majority of characters had traded awesome weapons for spears and stuff. 

@Hailinel:
 This one question will sway me into buying this or not.....Can Sun Ce equip tonfas? That's all I'll need to give this a go.

#37 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

Does it have the Samurai Warriors combo system or is it still hit square until things die? 

That's the only thing making, in my mind, Samurai Warriors vastly superior to DW. Otherwise I would pick this up in a second.

#38 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Do you still pretty much walk in a straight line and kill a thousand faceless goons at a time by tapping X, or whatever button it is on the Wii?

#39 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
#40 Posted by Hailinel (23917 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" Do you still pretty much walk in a straight line and kill a thousand faceless goons at a time by tapping X, or whatever button it is on the Wii? "
You do realize that they didn't make a Wii version of DW7, right?
#41 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" Do you still pretty much walk in a straight line and kill a thousand faceless goons at a time by tapping X, or whatever button it is on the Wii? "
You do realize that they didn't make a Wii version of DW7, right? "
The funny thing is, I saw Wei as like the fifth word and just channelled it as Wii. Take the last eight words off my post and answer the question. I'm also interested to know; where about on your plausibility scale does this game fit? Is it more or less absurd than Homefront? I'm not sure I can get behind this without a point by point breakdown of how one dynasty wages war with another.
#42 Edited by zameer (605 posts) -

Bleach is also totally the best anime right, brah? 

But in all seriousness, I do remember a time when I found that series fun. I loved playing co-op and just destroying massive waves of enemies... but it got old fast. Which is why it's silly that when the OP tried to intelligently convey that  meaningful changes have been made to the formula he just got dismissed like that.

I love anything to do with the Romance of The Three Kingdoms so I'll be checking this game out, especially if most of the misgivings many have with the franchise seem largely addressed. So for what it's worth, thanks!

#43 Posted by MEATBALL (3072 posts) -

I've never really enjoyed Dynasty Warriors at all, even before it became a series with 1000 entries that all looked roughly the same. I have a friend that has enjoyed a bunch of the games in the series, though, and I've heard a lot of positivity surrounding this entry so I'll probably put him onto it.

#44 Posted by Hailinel (23917 posts) -
@XenoNick said:

" Last DW game I played was 5 and really enjoyed it. Didnt bother playing 6 after seeing that the vast majority of characters had traded awesome weapons for spears and stuff. 

@Hailinel:  This one question will sway me into buying this or not.....Can Sun Ce equip tonfas? That's all I'll need to give this a go. "

Yes, he can.  Tonfas are actually his primary weapon type.  Other characters also have their old signature weapons, like Sun Shang Xiang's bladed wheels and Zhen Ji's flute.

@Akrid said:

" Does it have the Samurai Warriors combo system or is it still hit square until things die?  That's the only thing making, in my mind, Samurai Warriors vastly superior to DW. Otherwise I would pick this up in a second. "

It's not the Samurai Warriors combo system, but they did make some changes, in that they added EX moves for each character, Musou Attacks are now much more frequent with the ease of being able to fill the meters.  On each character's skill tree, you can unlock up to a sixth regular and sixth strong attack, and some characters also have a second Musou Attack.  As for the EX attacks, the button combo to trigger them depends on the character, but for some it might be Square, Square, Square, Square, Triangle, Triangle, while others might simply be Triangle, Triangle.  (Obviously talking PS3 here; adjust accordingly if you're a 360 player.)

Here's a video that displays EX and Musou Attacks for the Shu characters:

In short, if you're worried that this is anything like DW6, don't be.  It's more like they went back to Dynasty Warriors 5 and then evolved from that point, pushing the gameplay in a new direction.  If you enjoy Samurai Warriors specifically (and Samurai Warriors is my favorite Warriors series), your mileage may vary, but I'd have to say that so far, I've found the combo system very satisfying.
#45 Posted by biospank (648 posts) -

is this a game for those who have only played fist f the nort h star and dint like it?

#46 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
The funny thing is, I saw Wei as like the fifth word and just channelled it as Wii. Take the last eight words off my post and answer the question. I'm also interested to know; where about on your plausibility scale does this game fit? Is it more or less absurd than Homefront? I'm not sure I can get behind this without a point by point breakdown of how one dynasty wages war with another. "
The Dynasty Warriors series is based on the the 14th century novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms. According to historian Xhang Xuecheng the novel is 70% fact and 30% fiction. I don't know how closely Dynasty Warriors follows the novel though.
#47 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
The funny thing is, I saw Wei as like the fifth word and just channelled it as Wii. Take the last eight words off my post and answer the question. I'm also interested to know; where about on your plausibility scale does this game fit? Is it more or less absurd than Homefront? I'm not sure I can get behind this without a point by point breakdown of how one dynasty wages war with another. "
The Dynasty Warriors series is based on the the 14th century novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms. According to historian Xhang Xuecheng the novel is 70% fact and 30% fiction. I don't know how closely Dynasty Warriors follows the novel though. "
I can accept that high watermark.
#48 Posted by Hailinel (23917 posts) -
@biospank said:
" is this a game for those who have only played fist f the nort h star and dint like it? "
Maybe, maybe not.  What didn't you like about Fist of the North Star?
#49 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3020 posts) -

If they made it as interesting as Samurai Warriors 2 Empires was, as far as making the hordes of generic soldiers an actual obstacle to your success in each mission, then I'll probably still love it.  Are Meng Huo and Zhu Rong in this one?  Love those two.
@HandsomeDead:

The argument you're looking for is in another thread.

#50 Posted by Hailinel (23917 posts) -
@Make_Me_Mad:  Yep, Meng Huo and Zhu Rong are in the game.  Zhu Rong is actually unlocked by default for the Conquest Mode.  I'm not sure how you go about unlocking the other "Other" faction characters yet, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.