Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dynasty Warriors 7

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 29, 2011

The feudal Chinese factions of Wu, Shu, and Wei (along with the new Jin Kingdom) return for another installment of tactical action and K.O. counts into the thousands!

Dynasty Warriors 7 is the best Dynasty Warriors

• 91 results
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#51  Edited By Hailinel
    @HandsomeDead:  Uh, wow.  Okay.  Stepping over a line there.
    biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By biospank
    @Hailinel: I dint like the repetitionof the combat or the simple combo over n over
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:
    @HandsomeDead:The argument you're looking for is in another thread. "
    It probably is. I'll never understand yellow fever. "
    I'm just saying that if you want to debate Homefront, which is perfectly reasonable, there is a thread for that.  As it stands it seems more like you're just trying to bring up an old argument in a totally unrelated thread because you've got beef with someone.  Also, considering that this is mostly centered around and based on wars that actually happened, I would say that the situations are pretty plausible.  The realism of a giant dude with lion-faced iron gauntlets smacking hundreds of dudes around while making shockwaves that summon lightning, well...  probably not so much.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Hailinel
    @biospank said:
    " @Hailinel: I dint like the repetitionof the combat or the simple combo over n over "
    If that's the case, then I would suggest possibly renting the game first to see how you like it.  The combat system isn't the same as Fist of the North Star's, but I'm not going to say you're definitely going to like it or not.
    Jalemar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Jalemar

I am new to the forum, actually i was looking for a forum that discussed the DW series. I am a fan of it and also of its historic period. Even bought the historical novel, amazing. I also beat the game in all four kingdoms, and I have to say its better that the previous Dw, way better. T 

Storyline wise they made it more acurate and in line with history(Battle of Xiapi, followed by the rebelion of Xu province, Lui beis story), adding levels thatt were found in Extreme Legends series, making it part of the mainstream of the story mode. (e.g.  Dian Wei's death trying to save Cao Cao from Zhang Xiu). I like the fact that DW story line and follow through made characters grow in you as you keep playing no matter who you personally support. However, they took out some of the fun battles from the storymode from some factions and I guess put them on conquest mode(e.g. The Nanman Rebellion, Jie Ting) Overall it was more of switching levels and then adding the Jin faction with all those new battles. 

Jin was a cool addition, being the faction that United the three kingdoms in the end. However, it needed more of the reality that the other factions recieved, for example, Sima Zhao was not a warrior, he was a strategist. Felt like Zhuge Liang fighitng personally a bunch of battles. Xiahou Ba was a waste of resource, he exist in history but I dont think he deserved a unique model. You dont use him in story mode at all(because historically he switches side  to Shu) , he changes sides almost at the begining so you dont even fight along side him, he just doesnt do anything rather than look cool in his armor. Also, Jin characters all die or betray one another, I am exagerating a little but it seemed they needed more LOYAL UNIQUE-looking characters. Zhong Hui's persona doesnt connect to history(since he betrays Wei at Shu's last moments because he was convinced by Jiang Wei to declare Shu's independence) Deng Ai dies because of Zhong Hui' slander ( he was assasinated).This doesnt happen in the game however, these 2 , Sima Zhao and Wang Yuan Ji are all that are left at the end game. 

The rest of Jin characters: 
    Sima Yi, dies after 3 battles, 
     Guo Hai also dies half the story 
    Xiahou Ba betrays Jin and joins Shu ,early begining. 
    Zhuge Dan, you play as him once then, you have to kill him becaus he rebels on the Sima clan. 
    Sima Shi dies after using him like 3 times. 
     Wang Yuan Ji, wasnt a strong character in all sense of the word. 

My point is, as cool and exciting this was to add another faction it seemed like a waste of resource to make this unique character of people you barely use or see. From all of them I think, Yuan ji, Ba and Dan where a waste of time to create them ,a generic model for them would have been enough or at least give them more battles and usefulness. 

These same symptoms were found in Wei, Shu and Wu. 

Wei: 

Cai Wengi ( I dont know what to say about her, Cao Caos favorite but so what?)
    Zheng Ji ( prior DWs she had a major role, now , just a pretty girl Cao Pi found.
    Xu Huang( this guys is in many historical battles) 

Shu: 

Bao Sanniang ( I was excited about this one, intrigued,later found out she was just Guan Suo's girlfriend...and.? make her Useful)
    Ma chao ( YOu cant use THE SPLENDID in STORY MODE!?) 
    Ma dai( Paint brush guy, pretty cool though) 
    Lui Shan (Post Shu, Never used him, however he didnt fight historically...at all)
    Yue Ying( the invention genius, never used in story mode, she was present in many battles, but yeah there it is) 

Wu: 

Lian Shi( You never use her in story mode, she uses a cross bow and really has'nt  a significant role) 
    Ding Feng ( cool character concept, but not useable and doesnt have a rol in Wu other than to be an active pain when you are doing Jin's Story mode) 
    The 2 Qiao's( yeah same thing there) 

With the rest of the factions, the 3 original ones, They took out mayor players out of play and well, the new faces didnt get much attention either. Yeah you can play them in conquest but whats the fun in that? The npcs dont recognize you as the character but rather  a mighty warrior. 

The weapon system is nice, it adds to combo by switching weapons and gives you the opportunity of wielding any weapon you want. PLus, its gives you a specialty bonus for the weapons that are originally wielded by the character. 

The look of the game 

It reminded me of Ken's fist, mind you I think that game was garbage. Repetitive as it can get. 

The whole rotating camera thing that happens in Ken's Fist before going to battle, the lighting and the "buffiness" of characters ( I mean Lui Bei, come on!) gave away that Ken's Fist was a test or maybe Koei's new style. I liked it but yeah it reminded me of that game. Looks improved, sharper and detailed models and textures. Great lighting, some minor flickering in some small areas. 

Overall the game  is...a movie. They made it well in the sense of the flow of each factions Story....except Jin. All three factions were made very personal in their own ideals, Jin just was just like mocking  the rest because they historically were the ones that united China, but in the game its seems  that way, they dont have mature characters, Sima Yi , Guo Hai and Deng Ai were the only ones. Historically , I bet that the other Jin Characters had a more mature 'persona'. 

Thats just me though, I have more  feed back but... I think is enough for now. The game has improved but it should have improved for the last time. Some thing that says ITS DONE, the story is nostalgic, specially at Jin's end when they close the act , but... there it is

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Scooper

Thanks man I'll check it out now! Me and my friend used to play one of the DWs games for hours in multiplayer. It was really good fun. I glad I now have a good excuse to go and play the series again!

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By PixelPrinny

Argh, once again my curiosity in the franchise is piqued. I must admit that I am one of those people that sees it as little more than, "All you do is kill a bajillion people by mashing attack over and over again" and I've been disappointed by my romps into the franchise, though I would also say that of Strider or Moon Diver, as well, so it's not an opinion I hold exclusively towards DW. I kinda just want a new Romance of the Three Kingdoms game, but I'm not really sure that sorta strategy game would hold up these days... I miss Aerobiz... and Gemfire.... *sniffles* 

But it's good to see that you do get a lot of enjoyment out of it and that the series is making improvements to its formula. If I find a copy of 5 or 6 on the cheap, I may pick them up and give the franchise another chance.. I do like the story that the franchise loosely bases itself around (Destiny of an Emperor is still one of my all-time fave RPGs) and who knows, maybe I'll find the newer games to be more appealing than the older ones I tried and didn't care for.

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

#58  Edited By zor
    @Jalemar: But what happens to Wei Yan?... Well... I am guessing it ends poorly for him, seeing how he can't speak well (from what i gather in the games) and all he does is slash people with his double edge spear... 
    Jalemar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jalemar

Wei Yan was  a Shu general who's skill was that of the 5 generals of Shu.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By kingzetta

I actually do not like the new name pronunciations.
    Cao Cao ((tso tso)) I like, but Sun Ce being "Soon Ha" instead of "Soon Say" does not sound good.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Hailinel
    @kingzetta said:
    " I actually do not like the new name pronunciations. Cao Cao ((tso tso)) I like, but Sun Ce being "Soon Ha" instead of "Soon Say" does not sound good. "
    Well, it's the correct pronunciation, so hey.
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By TheHT

What's the difference between the Renbo combat system and the 'old tried and true'?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#63  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Gabriel said:
    " @Hailinel said:

" @Enigma777 said:

" @Hailinel said:
    " @Enigma777 said:
    " The best? That's not really saying much... "
    I said more in that blog post in support of my position than you have in yours. "
    You sure did. "
    Either you're obtuse, or going out of your way to be a jackass.  Not sure which.  You probably can't even defend your position beyond "lol Dynasty Warriors lol," so shut up.  Enough of that gets slung already. "

Whenever anyone says anything to this guy he gets butt hurt about everything and responds so angrily at everything.....that's a fucked up way of handling yourself on a forum. Leads to these threads everytime :(
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MikkaQ

My problem is that they've got a game called Dynasty Warriors, a country with a long and storied history of war, and yet they've made 7 (well even more than that, really) games about the same fucking novel. 

I know the story doesn't really matter much, it's about the combat, but it's getting almost comedic at this point. That's why whenever I feel like playing one of these games, I'll wait for the next Samurai/Gundam/Whatever spin-off they're doing and give that a shot.  

What is it about the generals that make them tougher now anyway? I usually just shoved them in a corner and juggled them about till they died. AI improvements would make the games a lot better, but next up is having the enemy troops do something other than surround you and break your combo once every five minutes.   

The last DW game I truly took seriously was 4, 5 was weird with the individual characters story mode instead of just picking a kingdom. I was more into custom characters anyway, they were kinda fun to mess with. But everytime I see one of these games, I feel like I'm brought back into 2003. Koei is such a laaaazy developer. There's a reason DW games are kind of a joke in the gaming world. 

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By niamahai

<--- never played a single DW game EVER. 

this could pop my cherry. The achievements for DW7 looks fun to do.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ryanwho
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " My problem is that they've got a game called Dynasty Warriors, a country with a long and storied history of war, and yet they've made 7 (well even more than that, really) games about the same fucking novel.  I know the story doesn't really matter much, it's about the combat, but it's getting almost comedic at this point. That's why whenever I feel like playing one of these games, I'll wait for the next Samurai/Gundam/Whatever spin-off they're doing and give that a shot.   What is it about the generals that make them tougher now anyway? I usually just shoved them in a corner and juggled them about till they died. AI improvements would make the games a lot better, but next up is having the enemy troops do something other than surround you and break your combo once every five minutes.    The last DW game I truly took seriously was 4, 5 was weird with the individual characters story mode instead of just picking a kingdom. I was more into custom characters anyway, they were kinda fun to mess with. But everytime I see one of these games, I feel like I'm brought back into 2003. Koei is such a laaaazy developer. There's a reason DW games are kind of a joke in the gaming world.  "
    K. But. They reinvision a good chunk of the cast each time, and make different levels each time, and make different cutscenes each time. So basically, you're saying you want a new story in your videogame which is fucking silly brosef.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By JJOR64
    @niamahai:   Just be prepared to mash one button over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By niamahai
    @JJOR64:  
    you mean like Dragon Age 2? 

*edit 
    funny if future generation ask "i like DW will i like DA?"
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#69  Edited By LordAndrew
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " @Gabriel said:
    " @Hailinel said:

" @Enigma777 said:

" @Hailinel said:
    " @Enigma777 said:
    " The best? That's not really saying much... "
    I said more in that blog post in support of my position than you have in yours. "
    You sure did. "
    Either you're obtuse, or going out of your way to be a jackass.  Not sure which.  You probably can't even defend your position beyond "lol Dynasty Warriors lol," so shut up.  Enough of that gets slung already. "

Whenever anyone says anything to this guy he gets butt hurt about everything and responds so angrily at everything.....that's a fucked up way of handling yourself on a forum. Leads to these threads everytime :( "
    Did you read the comments he was reacting to? Enigma777 had absolutely nothing useful to say. He didn't even say that he doesn't like the series, but it's obvious that's the case. If someone has something to say, they should say it instead of fucking about. Hailinel gets this shit all the time just because he happens to like a series that most of Giant Bomb doesn't. I'd be angry too.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Hailinel
    @TheHT said:
    " What's the difference between the Renbo combat system and the 'old tried and true'? "
    In games predating Dynasty Warriors 6, your combo attacks and the lengths of each combo were dictated by the type of weapon used.  The more powerful the weapon, the more elaborate the combo.  In Dynasty Warriors 6, that was thrown out in favor of Renbu levels.  As you fight, a meter fills up, until you gain a Renbu level.  The only requirement to keeping the gauge filled is through performing combos and attacking constantly.  You unlock access to higher Renbu levels on the character skill trees.  The main problem with this is that combat became too simplified; when you reached the Infinite Renbu level, you could pretty much combo forever and deal ridiculous amounts of damage at the same time.  Even if you couldn't access Infinite Renbu because it hadn't been unlocked for a character, items would occasionally drop on the battlefield that would temporarily boost the character to the Infinite state, making them gods before their time.

In Dynasty Warriors 7, they went back to a variation of the old combo system, but instead of tying it to the equipped weapon, you unlock longer combo strings through the skill tree.  Each character now has an EX combo, which is a special combo that they can only perform when they're equipped with a specific weapon type that varies from character to character.
    themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By themangalist
    @ryanwho said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    " My problem is that they've got a game called Dynasty Warriors, a country with a long and storied history of war, and yet they've made 7 (well even more than that, really) games about the same fucking novel.  I know the story doesn't really matter much, it's about the combat, but it's getting almost comedic at this point. That's why whenever I feel like playing one of these games, I'll wait for the next Samurai/Gundam/Whatever spin-off they're doing and give that a shot.   What is it about the generals that make them tougher now anyway? I usually just shoved them in a corner and juggled them about till they died. AI improvements would make the games a lot better, but next up is having the enemy troops do something other than surround you and break your combo once every five minutes.    The last DW game I truly took seriously was 4, 5 was weird with the individual characters story mode instead of just picking a kingdom. I was more into custom characters anyway, they were kinda fun to mess with. But everytime I see one of these games, I feel like I'm brought back into 2003. Koei is such a laaaazy developer. There's a reason DW games are kind of a joke in the gaming world.  "
    K. But. They reinvision a good chunk of the cast each time, and make different levels each time, and make different cutscenes each time. So basically, you're saying you want a new story in your videogame which is fucking silly brosef. "
    Ummm no. "Reinvisioning" the cast and levels doesn't mean they don't reuse the same tired assets, simple said, they are wasting time and money "reinvisioning" every time without tackling the core problem with the series.

Let's compare DW5 to DW4. Basically you get 5ish entirely new characters in addition to the same DW4 cast remodelled with new costumes (their secondary costumes, which are ripped directly from DW4, show a significant gap in quality making the graphics inconsistent), where the old characters still have the same move sets; you get fortresses to take over which breaks up the action or does nothing to the pace at all; you get new maps that are wide open causing the ai paths to often not know where to go...

Don't even get me started on DW6. You can call it an overhaul but man, a lot of characters use the same movesets, yet not even the full roster was presented, so lazy lazy. Cutscenes are laughably ridiculous. Nuff said.

The "core problem" isn't that DW doesn't tailor to Western audience's tastes, but it's the combat itself that isn't very good. We've seen hack n slash done so much better (ex. Spartan Total Warrior), and the biggest problem is that even with multiple times of graphic enhancement we're STILL seeing soldier and props pop-ins and pop-outs. We're in the next-gen already, and I'm surprised they still haven't taken the effort to change that. 

The truly biggest problem with DW is how people still buy them, which makes the devs think the game's formula is flawless. DW7 is definitely a step in the right direction, taking the fiction more seriously and committing to the grand scale of the era, but if you compare DW to other adaptations of the epic novel, DW pales in fully recognizing this age of heroes.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By onarum

" Dynasty Warriors 7 is the best Dynasty Warriors ", yeah but that's not saying much....

Godot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#73  Edited By Godot
    @Hailinel said:
    " @kingzetta said:
    " I actually do not like the new name pronunciations. Cao Cao ((tso tso)) I like, but Sun Ce being "Soon Ha" instead of "Soon Say" does not sound good. "
    Well, it's the correct pronunciation, so hey. "
    It also stops the pronunciation of Cao Cao's son (Cao Pi) being cow pee. So that's something.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MikkaQ
    @ryanwho said:

" @XII_Sniper said:

K. But. They reinvision a good chunk of the cast each time, and make different levels each time, and make different cutscenes each time. So basically, you're saying you want a new story in your videogame which is fucking silly brosef. "
    AllI want to know is how many times does Koei expect me to quell the goddamn yellow turban rebellion?! They spring like cock-a-roaches, mang.   

@themangalist: I think you're preaching to the choir, my sarcasm detector was kinda bleeping. Especially considering it's ryanwho. 

If not, then I am just shocked and appalled. And offended. And a little bit hurt. 

I'd want a God of War style combat system, where I can actually like knock enemies around, swing them all over the place, have fairly dynamic combos, etc with improved AI, and better use of modern hardware. Killing 500 guys is cool, but we're at the point where you can just throw 1000 dudes at me, and I can go crazy. The pleasure center of my brain gets exited when the KO number gets ridiculously high. Ninety Nine Night, as shitty as it was indulged me on that point. I used some random super attack I was saving up the whole level and took out 1000 people at once. That shit needs to happen in DW. 
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By TheHT
    @Hailinel: Thanks, I think I'll pick this up when I'm out tomorrow.

Hated the PSP Dynasty Warriors games (the ones where the map was sectioned off into a bunch of smaller ones but absolutely loved Warriors Orochi. Picked up FoTNS and loved that too.
    ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#76  Edited By ahoodedfigure

You mean they actually say tsao tsao instead of cow cow?  I'm stunned. I always wondered in the back of my mind if they weren't just mispronouncing them on purpose, to add to the cheese factor.  That's heartening.

Then again, when it was an option I just switched the language to the Japanese version so I didn't have to hear the same lines over and over again (and understand them. There's a perceived interference factor when it's a language you mostly don't know).

What I remember liking from any DW game I played was following one character's story, even if it was short, but I like that they have the characters' actual roles in the story rather than inserting them in places where it doesn't make sense. I'm not sure what I would like the most, but I'm happy to see a long time vet of the series is happy with this one.

Do you still have to juggle to get decent items?

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#77  Edited By Enigma777
    @LordAndrew: In my defense, I never have anything useful to say, but people don't normally snap at me. Anyways, I don't take any of it personally so it's all cool amigo.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Hailinel
    @ahoodedfigure said:
    " You mean they actually say tsao tsao instead of cow cow?  I'm stunned. I always wondered in the back of my mind if they weren't just mispronouncing them on purpose, to add to the cheese factor.  That's heartening.  Then again, when it was an option I just switched the language to the Japanese version so I didn't have to hear the same lines over and over again (and understand them. There's a perceived interference factor when it's a language you mostly don't know).  What I remember liking from any DW game I played was following one character's story, even if it was short, but I like that they have the characters' actual roles in the story rather than inserting them in places where it doesn't make sense. I'm not sure what I would like the most, but I'm happy to see a long time vet of the series is happy with this one.  Do you still have to juggle to get decent items? "
    I believe that there's a speed element involved that lets you earn weapons if you can defeat officers fast enough.  I'm not sure, though.
    kaiyouske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By kaiyouske
    @Hailinel: Totally agree with you there.  I've been playing since the import came out and I'll probably double dip on this one just so I can get all the DLC on this game.  This is the Dynasty Warriors that should've been the first PS3 iteration.   

As for the haters, that's what they do best.  Remember, don't feed the trolls! ;) 
    AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By AltonBrown

Are there sick shredding guitars? That's all I care about.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Hailinel
    @AltonBrown:  Yep.  There are guitars, and they are sick and shredding.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Hailinel

Fuck yes.  I finished the Jin storyline tonight, and I believe I've earned all trophies specifically associated with that mode.  Everything I have left to do in the game is related to Conquest Mode.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#83  Edited By aurahack

You couldn't be more right. They've pulled out all the steps to make this a crazily compelling package and I can't put it down. It's not just the best in the series, it's legitimately one of the best action games I've played in years. So much fun, so well done. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Hailinel
    @aurahack said:
    " You couldn't be more right. They've pulled out all the steps to make this a crazily compelling package and I can't put it down. It's not just the best in the series, it's legitimately one of the best action games I've played in years. So much fun, so well done.  "
    It really is.  It's hard to put this game down.  I've been working my way through Conquest Mode and just got around to unlocking the last of the few remaining characters today.  Xing Cai's stats are ludicrous.  Her defense is maxed out, and her health and attack are approaching the same.  And pretty soon, I'll be moving on to just my second Conquest Mode character.

This will in all likelihood prompt me to write a review in the near future.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I think this game finished winning me over once I got a bear to ride.  Cao Ren has never decimated soldiers with more style.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#86  Edited By aurahack
    @Hailinel: I'm already working on one. I've been using Xing Cai for a while now but I think I might end up playing both her and Zhen Ji. I really like her attacks. I've finished the Shu storyline (which was amazing) and I've started the Wei storyline earlier today. They've made the Story mode so much more dynamic and fun to watch and play. It has the best cast of characters and the presentation for the stories is second to none. Argh. What am I doing typing this, I should be playing.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Hailinel
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    " I think this game finished winning me over once I got a bear to ride.  Cao Ren has never decimated soldiers with more style. "
    Red Hare is where it's at.

"Yo, check me out.  I'm on a huge horse.  Also, the horse's mane and tale are fire."
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Hailinel
    @aurahack said:
    " @Hailinel: I'm already working on one. I've been using Xing Cai for a while now but I think I might end up playing both her and Zhen Ji. I really like her attacks. I've finished the Shu storyline (which was amazing) and I've started the Wei storyline earlier today. They've made the Story mode so much more dynamic and fun to watch and play. It has the best cast of characters and the presentation for the stories is second to none. Argh. What am I doing typing this, I should be playing. "
    Zhen Ji was my favorite of the pre DW6 games, and I can't express how happy I am to see her using a flute again.  I may have to start playing her or Cai Wenji (whooping ass with a harp and a smile).
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:
    " I think this game finished winning me over once I got a bear to ride.  Cao Ren has never decimated soldiers with more style. "

"Yo, check me out.  I'm on a huge horse.  Also, the horse's mane and tale are fire." "
    We're all excited about how awesome Red Hare looks, but even turning him into a Rapidash isn't going to make me stop riding a bear for long.  He does look pretty effin sweet, though.

I have to say, a lot of the designs in this game are just flat out great looking.  Slap a faceplate on Cao Ren and he'd look right at home in War for Cybertron!  I love the less realistic, more fantastic approach to their telling of events in this one.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Hailinel
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:

"Yo, check me out.  I'm on a huge horse.  Also, the horse's mane and tale are fire." "
    We're all excited about how awesome Red Hare looks, but even turning him into a Rapidash isn't going to make me stop riding a bear for long.  He does look pretty effin sweet, though.I have to say, a lot of the designs in this game are just flat out great looking.  Slap a faceplate on Cao Ren and he'd look right at home in War for Cybertron!  I love the less realistic, more fantastic approach to their telling of events in this one. "
    Yeah, there's a lot to love about the look of this game.  I get the feeling that the developers really took a hard look at what they did wrong in Dynasty Warriors 6, and went above and beyond in correcting course.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Hailinel

Whoa.  Just discovered that Cai Wenji's default musou attack has the side benefit of restoring health to allies.  Sweet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.