Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 1 or 2?

#1 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

I've had my eye on Dynasty Warriors: Gundam for some time now. It combines two game franchises that I wouldn't buy on their own and mashes them together to create a very enticing product for this consumer. I was about to buy the original when I found out about the sequel, and since then I've been preoccupied with other games. So the question, which I serve to people who have played either (preferably both) games, is which one is better, and why?

#2 Posted by PufferFiz (1387 posts) -

the second one is better.  For one there is a lot more things to do. Like different missions and so on. Also the graphics have improved greatly. Also There are just a lot more Mobile suits to pilot in the second.

#3 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@PufferFiz said:
" the second one is better.  For one there is a lot more things to do. Like different missions and so on. Also the graphics have improved greatly. Also There are just a lot more Mobile suits to pilot in the second. "
Good to know. I'm mostly focused on 08th Ms team, Wing, and Seed. Is the selection still better?
#4 Posted by PufferFiz (1387 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
" @PufferFiz said:
" the second one is better.  For one there is a lot more things to do. Like different missions and so on. Also the graphics have improved greatly. Also There are just a lot more Mobile suits to pilot in the second. "
Good to know. I'm mostly focused on 08th Ms team, Wing, and Seed. Is the selection still better? "
If I remember correctly there is no 8th team suits ( this is my favorite series too). Do not think they added anymore wing suits to the second one. But they added a lot from seed.
#5 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@PufferFiz said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @PufferFiz said:
Good to know. I'm mostly focused on 08th Ms team, Wing, and Seed. Is the selection still better? "
If I remember correctly there is no 8th team suits ( this is my favorite series too). Do not think they added anymore wing suits to the second one. But they added a lot from seed. "
Could've sworn I saw Shiro in a screenshot. If there is no 08th, that's dissapointing
#6 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -

Honestly, I'd never get either, but logically I'd say 2, since sequels usually improve mechanics.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.