Kinect Launches November 4 in North America

Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -

Today, at its E3 press conference, Microsoft announced that Kinect is launching on November 4 in the North America alongside fifteen compatible games. No price details were announced, but some retailers are beginning to publicize speculation that the hands-free device will launch at $150. 

Based on the games shown during the press conference, and the amount of  time devoted to the Kinect experience, are you guys sold on the hardware? Are you interested in purchasing the game this holiday? And, based on the conference, how much should Kinect cost?
#1 Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -

Today, at its E3 press conference, Microsoft announced that Kinect is launching on November 4 in the North America alongside fifteen compatible games. No price details were announced, but some retailers are beginning to publicize speculation that the hands-free device will launch at $150. 

Based on the games shown during the press conference, and the amount of  time devoted to the Kinect experience, are you guys sold on the hardware? Are you interested in purchasing the game this holiday? And, based on the conference, how much should Kinect cost?
#2 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

Probably. Sadly.

#3 Edited by statiCCero (10 posts) -

nice
edit. So close. Anyway, I'm far from being sold on this.

#4 Posted by Hitman101 (81 posts) -

Nice.

#5 Posted by carlthenimrod (1588 posts) -

Unimpressed!

#6 Posted by Akeldama (4238 posts) -

Nope!

#7 Posted by Williamdeb (26 posts) -

im in..

#8 Posted by Standing_Gopher (129 posts) -

I'm still waiting to hear a price.

#9 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

Yeah I'll get it I just want to know how much it's going to cost and if it'll be bundled up

#10 Posted by Bacchus (106 posts) -

Don't want.

#11 Posted by HeghmohQib (183 posts) -

that thing is going to have to be pretty cheap if they expect me to buy that and a game at the same time.

#12 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

FUCK NO.

#13 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5376 posts) -

Yes, I will be buying it when it comes out. I like to play a wide variety of games, and I am interested in Dance Central and Ubisoft's fitness title.

#14 Posted by boylie (305 posts) -
@Williamdeb said:
" im in.. "
I am not. I have a Wii already, thanks.
If you guys enjoy it though, power to you
#15 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -

DANCE CENTRAL BABY, WOOOOOOOOO

#16 Posted by Zicdab (388 posts) -

Will never buy one.

#17 Posted by cobble75 (47 posts) -

not a chance in forzen hell
#18 Posted by YukoAsho (2001 posts) -

Definitely a Do Not Want as of now.

#19 Posted by Dryker (490 posts) -

Definitely interested. More into the media controls than the games; although, the fitness stuff seems useful. Better than doing jumping jacks to a bare wall (keep the blood flowin' to get better work done).
#20 Posted by Davin (243 posts) -

Notice how they didn't announce the price? They didn't want to kill all of the good buzz by announcing that it will COST HALF THE AMOUNT OF THE XBOX ITSELF.

#21 Posted by derenf (21 posts) -

I dont know. Im kinda digging that dance game...
#22 Edited by spinoir (43 posts) -

yes definately in, Forza, star wars, fitness looked good, and also seems like the kineticadventures would be an awsome drinking game lmao.
#23 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

Based on the stuff shown at the press conference? Definatly not. Sure, it can be fun to flail your arms to collect orbs, or run on the spot and simulate you're running on a track. But I'm not paying 200$+ (which Kinect will probably cost) for something like that. And the Star Wars "zomg"-title they showed a demo of just looked like a mediocre beat-'em-up on rails.

I can definatly see a market for it, but it really just isn't something for me. But I guess time will tell, there really wasn't a lot of gameplay shown that can confirm/deny my feelings towards it.

#24 Posted by Gamble (7 posts) -

Skittles!

#25 Posted by Jeffk38uk (715 posts) -

Sadly no, not enough titles of interest to justify a purchase. It's the reason I bought a 360 instead of a Wii for the exact same reason all those years ago. Having said that, I'll still keep an eye on it since it seems 2011 will be the year for actual games if they have that many publishers pitching in.

So want their new 360 slim tho.

#26 Posted by dvorak (1496 posts) -

Yeah totally. Take my money. Just do it.

#27 Posted by wwfundertaker (1396 posts) -

No price, i wonder why. Not impressed with kinect.

#28 Posted by AllisonByProxy (47 posts) -

I'm down for Dance Central!

#29 Posted by fjor (295 posts) -

%#^#$

#30 Posted by ThaDun (22 posts) -

i think it look cool
start dancing fellow gamers!

#31 Posted by Bozar (133 posts) -

Technology-wise it seems rather interesting, but I do not really feel like flailing around like a fool in front of my television.

#32 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

The games shown looked pretty poor, even for what they were, but the potential for use in other games (like Forza), and even more so, the navigation of the system looks awesome. I am going to get it asap, for sure.

#33 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -
@Davin said:
" Notice how they didn't announce the price? They didn't want to kill all of the good buzz by announcing that it will COST HALF THE AMOUNT OF THE XBOX ITSELF. "
I think its because they want to see what Ps3 move is priced at first. You could also be correct.
#34 Posted by Anthony_Galindo (92 posts) -

Looks like the only game I would actually want is the Star Wars game, which doesn't come out until next year.

#35 Posted by GilbertMordinAndSullivan (442 posts) -
@Vito_Raliffe: 
" Yes, I will be buying it when it comes out. I like to play a wide variety of games, and I am interested in Dance Central and Ubisoft's fitness title. "
I am interested in those games too. Kinect Adventures might be fun as well. But it's sad that all of the best looking Kinect games don't look that different from a Wii title. I would have loved to see some attempt at and action or adventure title, with graphics that actually look like a 360 game.
#36 Posted by SuperKcross (89 posts) -

Meh. I'll pass

#37 Posted by Vitor (2810 posts) -

The tech looks great but the support for core gamers is definitely not their main goal. 

I don't doubt that we'll see some great traditional games incorporate this tech in the future but it would have been nice to get a glimpse of a major dev doing that at E3 in amongst all the wii-like stuff (imagine the headtracking combined with 3D - seriously, could be great... wait, wasn't MS meant to announce their 3D comparability? Seems like an odd opportunity to miss). 

#38 Posted by cesson (44 posts) -

hmm.. not really sold on it yet

#39 Posted by Asadasa5 (67 posts) -

I'll need my Kinectimal fix, so I'll be getting one launch day.

#40 Posted by TheYear20XX (425 posts) -

I'd need to see a price first, but I'm not really interested.

#41 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

a slim 360? maybe. kinect? not a chance.

#42 Posted by TSCooler (2 posts) -

Me sold when i saw Dance Central Microsoft take my money Here dont care how much it cost lol 

#43 Posted by Marmaladebrat (298 posts) -

I am not inspired by Kinect. I think the thing I like the most is the NXE interface stuff.
#44 Posted by Warihay (480 posts) -

Only stuff that interested me was the new dashboard. None of the games really appealed to me and with no price point, I can't make a definite decision but as of now, I'll pass on it.

#45 Posted by Novacain (12 posts) -

I will not even consider buying Kinect as long as the mainstay is throw away shovelware crap. The only "real" games at the entire press conference were MGS, CoD, Reach, and Gears. The launch lineup of Kinect is precisely what makes the Wii so terrible.

#46 Posted by TerraDelu (500 posts) -

I am still skeptical for the same reason I am sure most people are... the Wii.  

HOWEVER, I was really impressed with Ubisoft's exercise  game. Not so much the game itself, but I feel like that game really shows the potential for Kinect.  

Also, I was really disappointed in the NXE rebuild for Kinect. I feel like the current NXE is perfect for controller-free navigation as is. 

#47 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

As expected, the E3 press conference un-sold me on it.  There's a screenshot of the 15 launch titles on Kotaku which makes it clear that Kinect is not for me.

#48 Posted by Hammerjelly (221 posts) -

My girlfriend will probably want it. Especially for the dance game. I'm gonna wait on the pricing before I make any decisions.

#49 Posted by daelakk (6 posts) -
@derenf: I agree... looks like it would be a steep learning curve though. well atleast for me.
#50 Posted by riffingt0n (157 posts) -

I hope it surprises me, but not really feeling it yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.