Nintendo E3 2010 Press Conference Live Blog

#151 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

Live demo folks. Uh oh.

#152 Posted by DammitFrank (81 posts) -

Well I give them credit for the live demo vs canned footage.

#153 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

So embarrassing. I feel bad for Shiggy. It was a great introduction and would have been cool to watch if it went well.

#154 Edited by RankRabbit (394 posts) -

It's the wii remote not cooperating, none of this is as bad as skittles yesterday. It's very similar to the sword play in wii sports resort, surely it will work better.

#155 Posted by Beomoose (682 posts) -

Rumor: Reggie is loosing his soulless minions of the damned on the wireless users in the audience.

Minions with souls still chillaxing.

#156 Posted by Nictel (2412 posts) -
@Manhattan_Project said:
" Wow this looks horrible. And it can't be the sensor bar placement, I can't see Nintendo making that mistake with a game this big. "
If it zooms out, look at the ground, the sensor bar is like half a meter away from his feet!
#157 Posted by BaconGames (3371 posts) -

Anyone feel like Nintendo is just waiting long enough for them to get away with putting out just another Mario or Zelda?

Also, does Shigeru really need to be there?  I seriously doubt Japanese language translated presentations ever worked in the first place.

#158 Posted by MeatXbeatsXman (238 posts) -

Why didn't they have their setup onstage? Wouldn't that help with the imprecise controls with the zelda demo?

#159 Edited by Milkman (16697 posts) -

What the hell is this guy talking about? Wireless interference? First off, I doubt that has anything to do with it. Second, what the hell do you expect in a room full of hundreds of journalists?

#160 Posted by Orange (206 posts) -

Holy shit, fail.

#161 Posted by Wyld (278 posts) -

Just terrible
#162 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -
@DammitFrank said:
" Well I give them credit for the live demo vs canned footage. "
The Kinect demonstrations were very clearly live as well though, and they all at least functioned.  There's obviously some kind of issue here that I'm sure won't be present in the final game..

But it's still rather embarassing to watch.
#163 Posted by Bigheart711 (1253 posts) -

*Squeals with emancipation!*
#164 Posted by SoftCoreDave (150 posts) -

Not sure whats worse the super cheesy Kinect stuff yesterday or this.

#165 Posted by Clubvodka (417 posts) -

Why are they still saying the NEW Wii Motion Plus.
#166 Posted by bcjohnnie (442 posts) -

Well I hope the interference is what is really making this whole thing so bad... Doesn't anybody practice these fucking things or anticipate what it will be like when they go live?  You'd think with all the money they sink into these presentations they would make sure the final product is tighter than this.

#167 Posted by twelve1784 (114 posts) -

I have to give Nintendo credit for demonstrating Zelda live rather than using canned gameplay but I really hope I'm not going to have to worry about wireless interference because there's a ton of phones, laptops, routers, satellite dishes and wi-band internet where I am.

#168 Posted by Addfwyn (1921 posts) -
@bigdave184: The Kinect stuff
#169 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -

I feel so bad for Miyamoto...

#170 Posted by nightbird (54 posts) -

still loving that its a live demo.  I hope the guys do a quick-look from the show floor.

#171 Posted by Jimbo (9805 posts) -

Anti-climax TO THE MAX!

#172 Posted by Skorn (16 posts) -

Interference eh? Looks ok.
#173 Posted by Agent89 (26 posts) -

The Wii is definitely starting to show it's age with Kinect and Move.  Makes it hard to want to play the Wii instead

#174 Posted by Besetment (481 posts) -

Yeah we're going to need a video of this game on the show floor if possible, so we can see if Miyamoto should eat his words.

#175 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2142 posts) -
@Nictel said:
" @Manhattan_Project said:
" Wow this looks horrible. And it can't be the sensor bar placement, I can't see Nintendo making that mistake with a game this big. "
If it zooms out, look at the ground, the sensor bar is like half a meter away from his feet! "

Yeah but they have multiple rehearsals before E3, they would have noticed this.
#176 Posted by zoomoo (4 posts) -
I guess Shigeru will open a bottle of sake when he leaves the stage :P
#177 Posted by Terranova (586 posts) -

next year gives them time to sort the controls out a little
#178 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

You damn kids and your mobile devices!!

#179 Posted by Milkman (16697 posts) -

Reggie is waiting for those two off-stage with a baseball bat.

#180 Posted by wonderhare (350 posts) -

It's okay Miyamoto D: Shit happens ):

#181 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

2011 as expected

#182 Posted by Mjolnir (456 posts) -

Giant Enemy Scorpion!

#183 Posted by SoftCoreDave (150 posts) -
@Addfwyn:  Just thinking about it again makes me shudder  "WOW look at the water! We can go anywhere" gggghhhhh
#184 Posted by Orange (206 posts) -

Next year... that's why the "trailer" was so short. Is Nintendo really desperate to show this off?

#185 Posted by SuperZamrod (269 posts) -

I liked how everyone was tearing Microsoft apart for there perfectly coherent presentation and rather spectacular display of Kinect.  But now you're all making excuses for Nintendo...

#186 Posted by Chaos (95 posts) -

i have some hope for this game, i really want it to be good.  but those controls made me doubtful 

#187 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

Did Link just base jump?

#188 Edited by Scrumdidlyumptious (1640 posts) -

Lol that was awkward, but Miyamoto didn't seem too phased. He dealt with it smoothly enough. Who cares about Zelda anyway though since it's always sucked. Let's move on to 3DS!

#189 Posted by rcath (364 posts) -

recorded demo looked pretty good.

#190 Posted by Deathpooky (1386 posts) -

"I have decided to extend development time through this year, after playing it up here on stage."

#191 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

the trailer looked good

#192 Posted by JauntyHat (323 posts) -

They should have just shown the trailer and a little pre recorded demo, that was a bad gamble on such an early build.

#193 Posted by Milkman (16697 posts) -

Even if that did work properly, what about that looked interesting at all? It was same shit that Nintendo is always feeding to the masses. THIS IS ZELDA SO YOU SHOULD PLAY IT

#194 Posted by Turambar (6742 posts) -
@flawless2c said:
" I liked how everyone was tearing Microsoft apart for there perfectly coherent presentation and rather spectacular display of Kinect.  But now you're all making excuses for Nintendo... "
Because while it was coherent, what were presented were things we didn't give a rat's ass about.  A new Zelda game, we as video game players actually care about.
#195 Posted by TheHBK (5475 posts) -

expeceted a brand new zelda, something to change it up.  Guess not.
#196 Posted by BaconGames (3371 posts) -
@flawless2c:  That was more a question of content that technology.  I doubt anyone said there was a problem with Kinect itself.  If there were, they are morons.  Here's hoping Nintendo avoids the mini-games this year.
#197 Posted by Jeffsekai (7028 posts) -

That was baddddd lol

#198 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

Trailer looked great!  Shame about such a poor demonstration.

#199 Edited by SuperZamrod (269 posts) -

And is it just me or were the graphics of the new Zelda worse than Twilight Princess?

#200 Edited by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

Thanks Nintendo for ruining all of your classic franchises with shitty ass motion controls, fuck this new Zelda game, and fuck the stupid new Metroid game, fuck everything Nintendo. The only quality games Nintendo has made for the Wii so far is Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and guess what...they werent focused on motion. Nintendo, your are officially dead to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.