Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 15-17.

Sony E3 2010 Press Conference Live Blog

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

Nintendo went straight authentic at its press conference, announcing games right and left. Should we expect the same from Sony at its E3 2010 press conference? A few surprises may be in store--that much has been suggested. As far as the known stuff, though, we're definitely set to learn more about LittleBigPlanet 2, inFamous 2, and the PlayStation Move at the briefing. 

Follow along with us! 

== TEASER == Updates will be made in ascending order.   

[1:51 PM] Tretton is back out. Fans are called the "secret weapon." And it's over! 

[1:49 PM] Game looks pretty good. Not sure I'm sold on the idea of playing a car combat game anymore. 

No Caption Provided
    [1:47 PM] Showing off a mode called Nuke. The goal is to shoot down huge statues floating around the level. 

[1:44 PM] Yep. It was. Nice. David Jaffe is on stage. Jaffe's company is responsible for it. Coming in 2011. Now they're doing a live demo from Team Deathmatch mode. Helicopters confirmed, oddly enough. 

No Caption Provided
    [1:43 PM] The new Twisted Metal is about to be announced. (I'm guessing.) 

[1:42 PM] Ice confirmed!  

[1:41 PM] inFAMOUS 2 trailer being shown. Has Cole doing his thing in street clothes. Batman voice is toned down a bit. 

[1:40 PM] Coming this November 2 unless it gets delayed again. 

[1:37 PM] Tretton is back. I guess we're about to start talking about Grand Turismo 5 for the tenth year in a row.  

No Caption Provided
    [1:35 PM]  More commercials. 

[1:31 PM] Sony locked up an exclusive multiplayer beta for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

[1:29 PM] FFXIV trailer shown. Looks great.

[1:25 PM] Portal 2 coming to PS3. Gabe Newell is on stage.  Steam Cloud will be supported. Auto updates and Steam Achievements confirmed.             

No Caption Provided
    [1:24 PM] Dead Space 2 LE pack was announced. Dead Space 2 plus Dead Space: Extraction with Move support. NICE. 

[1:23 PM] I thought we covered the EA conference yesterday? 

[1:20 PM] Dead Space 2 on the PS3. Nice. 

[1:20 PM] Schappert is back. LE edition of the game announced. Will have an HD version of Medal of honor: Frontline.

No Caption Provided
    [1:18 PM] Unlockable beards joke just happened. This game looks fantastic, by the way. Now the multiplayer is being shown. 

[1:15 PM] Schappert was on stage. Medal of Honor exclusive content on the PS3. Neat. 

[1:12 PM]  Sounds a lot like that rumor. 

No Caption Provided

[1:11 PM] PlayStation Plus announced by Tretton. You'll gain acces to "an exclusive set of features" and "hundreds of dollars worth of value." Free content from full PSN games and discounts. 

[1:10 PM] Some kid made an RTS with LBP's tools. Wild. 

[1:08 PM] I can't even tell what's going on here, but it looks radical. Evans is now showing a montage of stuff you can do in the game. "We'll stay true to the 2D platforming" in LBP. 

[1:05 PM] Alex Evans is on stage to show LittleBigPlanet 2. They're showing competitive game modes. This one looks to be a "hit the button when it appears on-screen" type of game.

No Caption Provided
    [1:04 PM] It's scary how much obvious marketing is getting thrown at us during this thing. 

[1:01 PM] Casting call for the Tester 2 starts today. Go to the Tester.com if you care!      

[1:00 PM] Patapon 3 the montage.

No Caption Provided
    [12:57 PM] New God of War: Ghost of Sparta all-CG trailer shown. Now Tretton is talking up the amount of titles hitting the PSP by December. Over 70, apparently. And we all thought Sony abandoned the device. 

[12:56 PM] Tretton back out. 

[12:55 PM] Sony showing off a new PSP ad campaign. PSPgo not featured in either commercial.    

[12:49 PM] Another trailer of dudes playing Move.

[12:49 PM] Navigation controller $29.99, Move controller will be $49.99. Bundle with a PS3 and sports champions $399.99. Jesus, that's a lot of cash.

[12:47 PM] More Move talk. Move coming to US in September 19.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    [12:44 PM] Kevin Butler is on stage, making jokes. So, uh, here's more Heroes on the Move pictures. 

No Caption Provided
    [12:42 PM] Sly Cooper, Ratchet and even Daxter. Wild.

[12:39 PM] One more title is being announced. Oh, snap. Heroes on the Move. Developed by Nihilistic Software. Crazy Sony first-party mash-up title. 

[12:38 PM] Ah, OK. Now we're back. I think. 

[12:32 PM] Tiger Woods 11 Demo is coming up. I'm going to go use the bathroom. 

[12:31 PM] Big monster fight in the gloomy castle. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    [12:29 PM] You can drink potions to shape shift. He just turned into a rat and crawled into an area the human couldn't.  

[12:27 PM] It's a third-person character-based action game. You play as an apprentice with a wand. Dude go throw spells out of it. The wand in his is mapped 1:1. How hard he swings the Move wand effects power and trajectory.

No Caption Provided

[12:26 PM]  A game called Sorcery is being demoed. I think I went to high school with this dude.      

[12:22 PM] Still listening about how Move works. Now a trailer of devs talking about it. Anton, my boy, was just on camera. 

[12:21 PM] Move talk is happening. Let's see what they got.

No Caption Provided
    [12:19 PM] Talk of the PS2 is happening. People still play this thing.    

[12:18 PM] Jack's up again. 

[12:16 PM] A goofy 3D montage trailer is being shown. The Fight,  Tumble, Crysis 2, Mortal Kombat, and The Sly Collection will be in 3D. 

[12:14 PM] Kaz says Gran Turismo 5 will be in 3D.  EyePet, MLB 10: The Show, and a few more third-party titles have been confirmed as supporting PS3-3D.

No Caption Provided
    [12:13 PM] Ridge Racer is back. Still talking about 3D. How many people have a 3D TV, Ridge Racer? Sixteen? 

[12:12 PM] It will be fully compatible with PS Move at launch. 

[12:11 PM] Demo has ended after a demo of an aerial setpiece battle. Killzone 3 will be available worldwide in February 2011. 

[12:09 PM] Got to see a little of the jetpack. It's nice. You have to do controlled bursts. When you wear the suit, the shoulder pads show up on the screen. Neat Metro 2033-ish effect. 

[12:06 PM] I worry that Killzone 3 is going to have some really funky cut-scene camera angles as a result of its support from 3D. Anyway, a two-part demo is being shown. This part has the protagonist fighting on some sort of ship.

No Caption Provided
    [12:05 PM] A live demo of Killzone 3 3D is about to happen. Not sure if I like this idea or not.  

[12:04 PM] Kaz just said the PS3's 3D will be authentic. 

[12:02 PM] Kaz is on the stage. Insert Ridge Racer joke here. 

No Caption Provided
    [12:01 PM] Tretton is talking up the Sony line. I love this guy, by the way. Quick story: I interrupted him at last year's E3. He was on the floor by the MAG station. Totally didn't realize it was him. 

[12:00 PM] Tretton talked some brief smack about Microsoft's Cirque Du Soleil event. This compliments the stab in the opening video pretty well. 

[11:59 AM] Jack Tretton is taking the stage. 

No Caption Provided
    [11:57 AM] Just FYI, Sony is handing out 3D glasses. Get ready for it.  

[11:55 AM] The conference will start in about five minutes. SO EXCITE.
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

Nintendo went straight authentic at its press conference, announcing games right and left. Should we expect the same from Sony at its E3 2010 press conference? A few surprises may be in store--that much has been suggested. As far as the known stuff, though, we're definitely set to learn more about LittleBigPlanet 2, inFamous 2, and the PlayStation Move at the briefing. 

Follow along with us! 

== TEASER == Updates will be made in ascending order.   

[1:51 PM] Tretton is back out. Fans are called the "secret weapon." And it's over! 

[1:49 PM] Game looks pretty good. Not sure I'm sold on the idea of playing a car combat game anymore. 

No Caption Provided
    [1:47 PM] Showing off a mode called Nuke. The goal is to shoot down huge statues floating around the level. 

[1:44 PM] Yep. It was. Nice. David Jaffe is on stage. Jaffe's company is responsible for it. Coming in 2011. Now they're doing a live demo from Team Deathmatch mode. Helicopters confirmed, oddly enough. 

No Caption Provided
    [1:43 PM] The new Twisted Metal is about to be announced. (I'm guessing.) 

[1:42 PM] Ice confirmed!  

[1:41 PM] inFAMOUS 2 trailer being shown. Has Cole doing his thing in street clothes. Batman voice is toned down a bit. 

[1:40 PM] Coming this November 2 unless it gets delayed again. 

[1:37 PM] Tretton is back. I guess we're about to start talking about Grand Turismo 5 for the tenth year in a row.  

No Caption Provided
    [1:35 PM]  More commercials. 

[1:31 PM] Sony locked up an exclusive multiplayer beta for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

[1:29 PM] FFXIV trailer shown. Looks great.

[1:25 PM] Portal 2 coming to PS3. Gabe Newell is on stage.  Steam Cloud will be supported. Auto updates and Steam Achievements confirmed.             

No Caption Provided
    [1:24 PM] Dead Space 2 LE pack was announced. Dead Space 2 plus Dead Space: Extraction with Move support. NICE. 

[1:23 PM] I thought we covered the EA conference yesterday? 

[1:20 PM] Dead Space 2 on the PS3. Nice. 

[1:20 PM] Schappert is back. LE edition of the game announced. Will have an HD version of Medal of honor: Frontline.

No Caption Provided
    [1:18 PM] Unlockable beards joke just happened. This game looks fantastic, by the way. Now the multiplayer is being shown. 

[1:15 PM] Schappert was on stage. Medal of Honor exclusive content on the PS3. Neat. 

[1:12 PM]  Sounds a lot like that rumor. 

No Caption Provided

[1:11 PM] PlayStation Plus announced by Tretton. You'll gain acces to "an exclusive set of features" and "hundreds of dollars worth of value." Free content from full PSN games and discounts. 

[1:10 PM] Some kid made an RTS with LBP's tools. Wild. 

[1:08 PM] I can't even tell what's going on here, but it looks radical. Evans is now showing a montage of stuff you can do in the game. "We'll stay true to the 2D platforming" in LBP. 

[1:05 PM] Alex Evans is on stage to show LittleBigPlanet 2. They're showing competitive game modes. This one looks to be a "hit the button when it appears on-screen" type of game.

No Caption Provided
    [1:04 PM] It's scary how much obvious marketing is getting thrown at us during this thing. 

[1:01 PM] Casting call for the Tester 2 starts today. Go to the Tester.com if you care!      

[1:00 PM] Patapon 3 the montage.

No Caption Provided
    [12:57 PM] New God of War: Ghost of Sparta all-CG trailer shown. Now Tretton is talking up the amount of titles hitting the PSP by December. Over 70, apparently. And we all thought Sony abandoned the device. 

[12:56 PM] Tretton back out. 

[12:55 PM] Sony showing off a new PSP ad campaign. PSPgo not featured in either commercial.    

[12:49 PM] Another trailer of dudes playing Move.

[12:49 PM] Navigation controller $29.99, Move controller will be $49.99. Bundle with a PS3 and sports champions $399.99. Jesus, that's a lot of cash.

[12:47 PM] More Move talk. Move coming to US in September 19.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    [12:44 PM] Kevin Butler is on stage, making jokes. So, uh, here's more Heroes on the Move pictures. 

No Caption Provided
    [12:42 PM] Sly Cooper, Ratchet and even Daxter. Wild.

[12:39 PM] One more title is being announced. Oh, snap. Heroes on the Move. Developed by Nihilistic Software. Crazy Sony first-party mash-up title. 

[12:38 PM] Ah, OK. Now we're back. I think. 

[12:32 PM] Tiger Woods 11 Demo is coming up. I'm going to go use the bathroom. 

[12:31 PM] Big monster fight in the gloomy castle. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    [12:29 PM] You can drink potions to shape shift. He just turned into a rat and crawled into an area the human couldn't.  

[12:27 PM] It's a third-person character-based action game. You play as an apprentice with a wand. Dude go throw spells out of it. The wand in his is mapped 1:1. How hard he swings the Move wand effects power and trajectory.

No Caption Provided

[12:26 PM]  A game called Sorcery is being demoed. I think I went to high school with this dude.      

[12:22 PM] Still listening about how Move works. Now a trailer of devs talking about it. Anton, my boy, was just on camera. 

[12:21 PM] Move talk is happening. Let's see what they got.

No Caption Provided
    [12:19 PM] Talk of the PS2 is happening. People still play this thing.    

[12:18 PM] Jack's up again. 

[12:16 PM] A goofy 3D montage trailer is being shown. The Fight,  Tumble, Crysis 2, Mortal Kombat, and The Sly Collection will be in 3D. 

[12:14 PM] Kaz says Gran Turismo 5 will be in 3D.  EyePet, MLB 10: The Show, and a few more third-party titles have been confirmed as supporting PS3-3D.

No Caption Provided
    [12:13 PM] Ridge Racer is back. Still talking about 3D. How many people have a 3D TV, Ridge Racer? Sixteen? 

[12:12 PM] It will be fully compatible with PS Move at launch. 

[12:11 PM] Demo has ended after a demo of an aerial setpiece battle. Killzone 3 will be available worldwide in February 2011. 

[12:09 PM] Got to see a little of the jetpack. It's nice. You have to do controlled bursts. When you wear the suit, the shoulder pads show up on the screen. Neat Metro 2033-ish effect. 

[12:06 PM] I worry that Killzone 3 is going to have some really funky cut-scene camera angles as a result of its support from 3D. Anyway, a two-part demo is being shown. This part has the protagonist fighting on some sort of ship.

No Caption Provided
    [12:05 PM] A live demo of Killzone 3 3D is about to happen. Not sure if I like this idea or not.  

[12:04 PM] Kaz just said the PS3's 3D will be authentic. 

[12:02 PM] Kaz is on the stage. Insert Ridge Racer joke here. 

No Caption Provided
    [12:01 PM] Tretton is talking up the Sony line. I love this guy, by the way. Quick story: I interrupted him at last year's E3. He was on the floor by the MAG station. Totally didn't realize it was him. 

[12:00 PM] Tretton talked some brief smack about Microsoft's Cirque Du Soleil event. This compliments the stab in the opening video pretty well. 

[11:59 AM] Jack Tretton is taking the stage. 

No Caption Provided
    [11:57 AM] Just FYI, Sony is handing out 3D glasses. Get ready for it.  

[11:55 AM] The conference will start in about five minutes. SO EXCITE.
    FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By FateOfNever

Let's do this!

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Dizzyhippos

Wait sony started early?

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Milkman

Where's Kevin Butler?

baldus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By baldus

get hype!

Trogd0r2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Trogd0r2

cant wait

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By fwylo

Already disappointed

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Dustpan

Ridge Racer.

Terranova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Terranova

looking forward to what they may show
    stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By stalefishies

I doubt it will match Nintendo's.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dizzyhippos

Not only did sony start on time for once there early

Terranova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Terranova

lol nice dig at MS there
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Milkman

This intro is TOO long.

seuraus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By seuraus

The silo doors are open, I repeat, the silo doors are open!

bigchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By bigchief

Not a minute in and Kevin Butler makes an appearance already? SONY BRINGING THE HEAT!

Dujun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dujun

Personally I am hoping to see Kevin Butler. 
     ....and GT5, but you never know when it comes to that.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Milkman

Oh shit, motherfuckers! Jack Tretton is here to bring the noise.

GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GenghisJohn

Handing out 3d glasses right after a 3d presentation about not needing glasses...

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dizzyhippos

Boom opening shot at microsoft

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Milkman

It only took 20 seconds for a Kinect dig. And no Kevin Butler confirmed. Shit...

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By stalefishies

Nice jab at the Ponchos.

JAH_Donuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JAH_Donuts

Sony conference....NO PONCHOS.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mosdl

free network, interesting to mention that.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FCKSNAP

Poncho diss!

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Demonstride

Damnit the live streams are messing up for me.

GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GenghisJohn

Riiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer!

SoftCoreDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SoftCoreDave
    @Demonstride said:
    " Damnit the live streams are messing up for me. "
    Me to :(
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Milkman

Sony definitely has the best presenters out of all the companies. Tretton and Kaz are both really fluid and calm on stage.

Gutlieb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gutlieb

i hate 3d

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mosdl

g4tv.com is down, wow

GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GenghisJohn

Brazil and Korea still tied, crazy

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By Venatio

3D, fucking stupid

Terranova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Terranova

only if you have the money and Tech to do so Kaz which hardly anyone has .
    chinatown399

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By chinatown399

Lets 'Move'!

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mosdl

So sony and nintendo betting on 3d.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FCKSNAP

No one is more 3d authentic!

Terranova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Terranova

ok some killzone 3 
    mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mostman

Screw 3D.  Seriously.  Does anyone care?

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Dizzyhippos

Will someone please explain to me how a game being in 3D makes it better?

ShadowMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ShadowMountain

Forget killzone! Just bring out team Ico already!

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By Pie

Should of called it killzone 3d

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mosdl
    @ShadowMountain said:
    " Forget killzone! Just bring out team Ico already! "
    Shadow of colussus remake wil lbe 3d?
    GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GenghisJohn

looks fuzzy

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mosdl
    @GenghisJohn said:
    " looks fuzzy "
    Says pre-alpha.
    Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
    Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

Anyone else's stream keep jumping back about 10 seconds every now and then?

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dizzyhippos

It says pre alpha code at the top of the screen but man does this killzone demo look fuzzy

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mosdl

at least no cg trailer yet

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Mrskidders

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/livefeed/sony

best stream.  Everyone needs cheering up after Nintendo's press conference.

mcscriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mcscriv

Where can i watch it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.