Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 15-17.

Stupid game names at E3

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Astras

Maybe it's just me but I found myself cringing at the choice of titles of alot of  the big name games that were advertised at E3. For example:

• Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword - Just sounds a bit naff, the more I say it tho... I guess it seems to work and emphisize the motion control...
    • Disney, Epic Mickey - Is this an attempt from disney to appeal to gamers with it's aged stars by using words such as Epic. Lol I just don't get why it's named this.
    •   Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies - Made me laugh, JRPG's get away with it though!
    •   Kirby's Epic Yarn - Game looks fantastic, surely they could of come up with a better title though?
    •   Metroid: Other M , Maybe I just don't understand this title?
    •   Michael Jackson - I don't understand how you can just Use the Pedo's name for a game... it just doen't seem to fit... little kid "Mum for christmas can I have Michael Jackson?"
    • Sonic the hedgehog 4, episode 1 - Are they trying to use the Halflife 2 episode release trend to try and make sonic appealing again?

Even though apart from MJ, I will prolly play these games and the title's might eventually make sense.. anyone else think that some of these developers are getting a bit too high before they choose their game titles?
    JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JokerClown88

Kinictimals...

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By FireBurger

I think Kirby's Epic Yarn, while silly, fits perfectly and tells you exactly what the game is about. It works in the sense that it is an epic story (the other meaning of yarn), and in the literal sense describes the unique game mechanic that sets it apart.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Pie

Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D 'The NAKED Sample    

DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By DukeTogo

Epic Mickey.  Sounds like a sex act.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    @Astras said:
    "
    • Sonic the hedgehog 4, episode 1 - Are they trying to use the Halflife 2 episode release trend to try and make sonic appealing again? "
    IF Sonic 4 keeps to a regular episodic schedule with their releases (like the Telltale games), the name makes perfect sense. It's only dumb if they go the Valve route and end up leaving huuuuge gaps between episodes. Having Monthly (or even bi-monthly) Sonic 4 episodes makes perfect sense, and assuming this happens, so does the name.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By TheHBK

How about marcuspsp.com ?

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Disney Epic Disney 

@TheHBK said:
    "

How about marcuspsp.com ?

"
    i dont get it
    borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By borodin

XCOM! Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiing

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By DrPockets000
    @FireBurger said:
    " I think Kirby's Epic Yarn, while silly, fits perfectly and tells you exactly what the game is about. It works in the sense that it is an epic story (the other meaning of yarn), and in the literal sense describes the unique game mechanic that sets it apart. "
    I completely agree.   

I also think that Epic Mickey is a good title, because it describes the game perfectly.  
    sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#11  Edited By sarahsdad
    @Pie said:
    "  Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D 'The NAKED Sample     "
    this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.