Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 15-17.

Welcome to Giant Bomb: E3 2010 Edition

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff

A shot from E3 1977.
     A shot from E3 1977.
    By this time tomorrow, we'll probably all be down in Los Angeles, getting the house we're going to be working out of up to speed by filling it full of video equipment and dudes that understand how to use video equipment. In case you didn't know, we're doing this because the 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo takes place next week, and Giant Bomb will be there!

Expect things to start happening for reals on Monday. We'll be peppering the site with updates, fresh news, liveblogs of the press conferences, video of us doing very dumb things, and more.

One thing you should probably be mostly aware of is that we plan to broadcast a live video from the house at the end of each day, Monday through Thursday. While the nature of scheduling prevents us from nailing down a specific time each night, we'll get some basic windows together in a couple of days and start promoting those. In the meantime, you might want to keep an eye on some of these Twitter accounts we're running...

• @giantbomb - That's the official site account that'll keep you up to date when things get posted.
    • @jeffgerstmann - Hey, that's me! I'll probably post meaningless things like "Just saw [GAME NAME X] and it looks pretty cool."
    • @bradshoemaker - Brad will probably post things about how hungover he is and his love of the Quake 1 rocket launcher.
    • @taswell - Ryan is an asshole.
    • @vinnycaravella - Vinny would tell you all about he video he is cutting, but he likes surprises.

There's also a list that auto-follows the individual staff accounts that you can look at here.

As far as I can tell, Drew and Joey are too smart to have Twitter accounts.

E3 1984 was when everyone showed off their new boat controllers. 
    The live video streams we'll be running at night are also set to double as our daily podcasts, so if you can't view the stream, you'll catch all of the magic via the podcast's usual RSS feed.

This should be an exciting show. There are a lot of hotly anticipated games that have already been announced, and at least a few more surprises on the way next week. On top of that, we'll finally get to try all of this other motion control stuff again, and I think we'll probably leave the show knowing for sure if any of this Natal/Move stuff is going to result in "real" games or if it's going to be a bunch of silly arm-flapping crap for kids and old people who still think that computers are magic. There is exactly one Natal game that I'm currently interested in seeing, but we'll probably know a lot more about other controller-free software by Monday afternoon. Move already fares a little better with stuff like SOCOM 4 and Slider, but by mid-day Tuesday, we'll know what other stuff Sony has up its sleeves.

And hey, don't forget the potential for new handheld hardware. Nintendo's 3DS is expected to be shown, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear Sony at least start talking about a follow-up to the PSP since the PSPgo has already become something of a joke.

Do you think we'll see Hulu on the Xbox 360? That's been the rumor. I think it's safe to say that we'll hear more about 3D gaming, too, and not just from Sony, who rolled out support for that stuff earlier this week with a handful of downloadable 3D things and has plans for stuff like Killzone 3, which will be playable in 3D. Everything I've seen from the current era of 3D television and games has been an utter disappointment and feels like a complete waste of resources, so expect to hear me get all cranky about that as it's announced.

Los Angeles, CA - the site of E3 2010! 
    We've got a schedule full of appointments and our hands are just about full, but we'll be taking questions from you during our daily live streams, and hopefully that'll direct us a bit to go find the things you want to see more of.

In the meantime, Brad Nicholson and Matt Kessler will be holding it down on the home front, making sure that whatever happens while we're out in the field gets on the site sooner, rather than later. Dude, it's like we're a multifaceted strike force or something! And we've got our own house that hopefully won't get torched in the process!

In other words, I already feel pretty good about where we're at.

We'll be driving down tomorrow, and since I'm that type of guy, we'll probably be livestreaming portions of our drive down. You'll find that on my Ustream page, which I keep separate from the official Giant Bomb page because mine is way stupider! See you on the other side.    
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff

A shot from E3 1977.
     A shot from E3 1977.
    By this time tomorrow, we'll probably all be down in Los Angeles, getting the house we're going to be working out of up to speed by filling it full of video equipment and dudes that understand how to use video equipment. In case you didn't know, we're doing this because the 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo takes place next week, and Giant Bomb will be there!

Expect things to start happening for reals on Monday. We'll be peppering the site with updates, fresh news, liveblogs of the press conferences, video of us doing very dumb things, and more.

One thing you should probably be mostly aware of is that we plan to broadcast a live video from the house at the end of each day, Monday through Thursday. While the nature of scheduling prevents us from nailing down a specific time each night, we'll get some basic windows together in a couple of days and start promoting those. In the meantime, you might want to keep an eye on some of these Twitter accounts we're running...

• @giantbomb - That's the official site account that'll keep you up to date when things get posted.
    • @jeffgerstmann - Hey, that's me! I'll probably post meaningless things like "Just saw [GAME NAME X] and it looks pretty cool."
    • @bradshoemaker - Brad will probably post things about how hungover he is and his love of the Quake 1 rocket launcher.
    • @taswell - Ryan is an asshole.
    • @vinnycaravella - Vinny would tell you all about he video he is cutting, but he likes surprises.

There's also a list that auto-follows the individual staff accounts that you can look at here.

As far as I can tell, Drew and Joey are too smart to have Twitter accounts.

The live video streams we'll be running at night are also set to double as our daily podcasts, so if you can't view the stream, you'll catch all of the magic via the podcast's usual RSS feed.

This should be an exciting show. There are a lot of hotly anticipated games that have already been announced, and at least a few more surprises on the way next week. On top of that, we'll finally get to try all of this other motion control stuff again, and I think we'll probably leave the show knowing for sure if any of this Natal/Move stuff is going to result in "real" games or if it's going to be a bunch of silly arm-flapping crap for kids and old people who still think that computers are magic. There is exactly one Natal game that I'm currently interested in seeing, but we'll probably know a lot more about other controller-free software by Monday afternoon. Move already fares a little better with stuff like SOCOM 4 and Slider, but by mid-day Tuesday, we'll know what other stuff Sony has up its sleeves.

And hey, don't forget the potential for new handheld hardware. Nintendo's 3DS is expected to be shown, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear Sony at least start talking about a follow-up to the PSP since the PSPgo has already become something of a joke.

Do you think we'll see Hulu on the Xbox 360? That's been the rumor. I think it's safe to say that we'll hear more about 3D gaming, too, and not just from Sony, who rolled out support for that stuff earlier this week with a handful of downloadable 3D things and has plans for stuff like Killzone 3, which will be playable in 3D. Everything I've seen from the current era of 3D television and games has been an utter disappointment and feels like a complete waste of resources, so expect to hear me get all cranky about that as it's announced.

We've got a schedule full of appointments and our hands are just about full, but we'll be taking questions from you during our daily live streams, and hopefully that'll direct us a bit to go find the things you want to see more of.

In the meantime, Brad Nicholson and Matt Kessler will be holding it down on the home front, making sure that whatever happens while we're out in the field gets on the site sooner, rather than later. Dude, it's like we're a multifaceted strike force or something! And we've got our own house that hopefully won't get torched in the process!

In other words, I already feel pretty good about where we're at.

We'll be driving down tomorrow, and since I'm that type of guy, we'll probably be livestreaming portions of our drive down. You'll find that on my Ustream page, which I keep separate from the official Giant Bomb page because mine is way stupider! See you on the other side.    
    DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DerekDanahy

Ready!

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MarkWahlberg

trivia: The bulk of the footage compiled by Giantbomb for this event will be re-edited to make The Hangover 2.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By FCKSNAP

GET HYPE

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By ArcBorealis

I'm already prepared for next week.  

LET'S DO THIS!

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Dustpan
    @Snapstacle said:
    " GET HYPE "
    HYPE GET
    KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KnifeySpoony

Exciting stuff, I like the idea behind streaming at night.

Trogd0r2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Trogd0r2

can't wait

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gamefreak9

The guys recommended a site to follow E3 last yr, i forgot what it was, anyone care to remind me?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By FluxWaveZ

All of my time would be devoted to this stuff if it wasn't for final exams.  But this is some exciting stuff and next week can't come soon enough!

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By meteora

This is gonna be great.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By face15

Karn Flabbit. I hate being in Australia where the live streams will be happening in the middle of the day while I'm at school.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By teptom

I'm pumped.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Ryan is an asshole. 

I lost it at that comment.
    edge426

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By edge426

can not wait

Zelnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zelnox

I hope Jeff doesn’t end up using all his iPhone’s juice on ustream during the drive.

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JustinSane311

I kinda feel bad for Nicholson and  Kessler.  They're like the neglected red headed step child, left at home all alone while everyone else is off seeing new things and partying.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @face15 said:
    " Karn Flabbit. I hate being in Australia where the live streams will be happening in the middle of the day while I'm at school. "
    I live in Canada (EST time), but same here.  I'll probably also be missing the live streams that Giant Bomb will have at their house at night because it'll probably be super late, here, when those are happening.  It sucks missing it live, but I'll still be excited to watch the recorded versions when I get back home.
    Avatar image for riceeatin2010gt
    RiceEatin2010GT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RiceEatin2010GT

very cool guys! im pumped

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By skrutop

Alright.  Let's do this.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By VoshiNova

Awesome

Avatar image for carolinafan3515
    CarolinaFan3515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CarolinaFan3515
    @JustTheDoctor said:
    " @Snapstacle said:
    " GET HYPE "
    HYPE GET "
    HYPE Acquired.  You now have HYPE.  It can be found in your inventory.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#24  Edited By rjayb89

Joey?

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NathHaw

I hope you guys keep it E3 1956 Style.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

MORE HYPE SON!!! I am more excited about the stuff that is coming from GB next week then any actual game announcements but things can change, right?

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@CarolinaFan3515   
    @JustTheDoctor
     said: 

@Snapstacle said: 
    " GET HYPE "
    HYPE GET "
    HYPE Acquired.  You now have HYPE.  It can be found in your inventory. 

Equip HYPE.
    oobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By oobs

any bombcasts happening? just the video?
    wfolse1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By wfolse1

So very excited.  Its looking like its going to be a great show.

Cluter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Cluter
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    "

Ryan is an asshole. 

I lost it at that comment. "
    You and me both! Fuckin ROFL'd till the cows came home
    landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By landon
    @arab_prince said:
    " @CarolinaFan3515   
    @JustTheDoctor
     said: 
    @Snapstacle said: 
    " GET HYPE "
    HYPE GET "
    HYPE Acquired.  You now have HYPE.  It can be found in your inventory.  Equip HYPE. "
    +13 to "OH MY GOD I WANT THAT GAME NOW!!!" meter.
    Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Toxin066

Dexter Morgan is too smart for a twitter account.

Hoping for a great show this year. Thanks in advance for covering ad nauseum, Giantbomb!

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By FireBurger

Sounds like you guys are going to have some fun coverage. Looking forward to it.

erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By erinfizz

I'm pretty sure your ustream is stupidest.  

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By artofwar420

Oh mah gawd I can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By Aarny91

Yep. I'll be here all week.

GaZZuM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By GaZZuM

This is gonna be the best week ever!!!

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#38  Edited By Siphillis

Get pumped! 

Also, "SPACE!!"

teeknuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By teeknuts

Between this and the world cup, next week is the one week where I wish I still didn't have a job.

Mr_JPeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mr_JPeps

i already have a feeling that the live late night shows from th house and random party members is going to be the best thing to come out of this show.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro

I hope Dave is going and has a web-helmet-cam broadcasting live, all the time. Also, I can't wait for the end of day live stream from the house. I expect it will be sweltering hot , everyone will be panting and Drew will be in the background fanning everyone with a palm leaf.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#42  Edited By JJWeatherman

Have fun in your crazy party house guys. But remember: The eyes or Marshall Mathers are always watching.

Kowalski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kowalski

I'm really pumped for E3. 
    I'm interested in the 3DS as well as Natal. The PS3 Move not that much, although I will buy that shit, because I really want a "Wii experience" in HD. Screw you Nintendo. 

I can't wait to see how the next Zelda will look, by far my most anticipated E3 title, followed by The Last Guardian. 

I hope to see tons of videos from the showfloor guys!

DjRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DjRich

I'm moving to San Francisco just to follow them around in my Van

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zoozilla

Looking forward to things that not make sense do.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jonnyboy

Biggest bomb at the LA Convention center since mother fucking Face/Off!

GET SOME!
     GET SOME!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryan is an asshole.

Krenor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Krenor

oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god

welly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By welly

Woot,

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#50  Edited By Claude

That is the "word".

Let's ride this thing cowboy.
     Let's ride this thing cowboy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.