Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 15-17.

"Winner" of E3? (Pollo)

• 91 results
    artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By artofwar420
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

We all ready have a few of these. I think Nintendo is in the lead. Sony second...I just know Ubisoft was dead last. *I mean DEAD last* 

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By artofwar420

Just for fun, which presser (har) did you think had the best showing? Maybe the best announcements, or the best all around, or the most intersting even if it didn't have many new things. Tell us.

I'd say Ubisoft was almost horrible enough that it was funny, but then it crossed the line when the lazorz dudes came out and showed that game. Then it was just terribleness all around. I felt a lot of pain. So much pain.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ryax

nintendo. you cant top them un less you bring out some big guns. their line up pretty much blew my mind

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheCreamFilling

There are no winners, only the ones who are left. 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Ryax said:
    " nintendo. you cant top them un less you bring out some big guns. their line up pretty much blew my mind "
    Sony did bring the big guns. Lots of exclusive stuff. Vavle coming to them. Twisted metal. 
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Meowayne

Ah, you made another one!

How exciting!
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ryax
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " nintendo. you cant top them un less you bring out some big guns. their line up pretty much blew my mind "
    Sony did bring the big guns. Lots of exclusive stuff. Vavle coming to them. Twisted metal.  "
    but Nintendo brought Zelda, Mario, donkey kong, metroid, kid Icarus, paper Mario, and KIRBY!!!!! in my mind its impossible to beat that. but there are still days left so we shall see what happens
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't think any of them won personally, this year's press conferences didn't really bring anything big or surprising out.

Monkeygb21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Monkeygb21

Ha Ha!  No votes for Ubisoft as of right now

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Ryax said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Ryax said:
    Sony did bring the big guns. Lots of exclusive stuff. Vavle coming to them. Twisted metal.  "
    but Nintendo brought Zelda, Mario, donkey kong, metroid, kid Icarus, paper Mario, and KIRBY!!!!! in my mind its impossible to beat that. but there are still days left so we shall see what happens "
    I was not really wowed by the Zelda game. Metroid has my attention. And I still think its about time for Mario to retire. hes gotta be gettin tired by now. lol 
    Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I suppose Nintendo really is the "Wiinner". Lots of nice surprises, good show. 

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By artofwar420
    @Monkeygb21: I hope it stays that way, the only redeemable stuff from that wtfbbq was Rayman, that got me excited.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ryax
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:
    but Nintendo brought Zelda, Mario, donkey kong, metroid, kid Icarus, paper Mario, and KIRBY!!!!! in my mind its impossible to beat that. but there are still days left so we shall see what happens "
    I was not really wowed by the Zelda game. Metroid has my attention. And I still think its about time for Mario to retire. hes gotta be gettin tired by now. lol  "
    its true. there are only so many goombas to crush right? but i think the fact they that brought out kirby and donkey kong is pretty awesome. two of y favorite games from old school nintendo
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:
    I was not really wowed by the Zelda game. Metroid has my attention. And I still think its about time for Mario to retire. hes gotta be gettin tired by now. lol  "
    its true. there are only so many goombas to crush right? but i think the fact they that brought out kirby and donkey kong is pretty awesome. two of y favorite games from old school nintendo "
    Mario should be in jail for genocide. 

Kirby did need his own game again. And seeing Donkey and Diddy was nice. 

We can not REALLY count Icarus because we do not even have a release date for 3Ds.  

Twisted metal was the high point for me. *Aside from Kevin commin out. And Vavle comming back and kissing up* 
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ryax
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:
    its true. there are only so many goombas to crush right? but i think the fact they that brought out kirby and donkey kong is pretty awesome. two of y favorite games from old school nintendo "
    Mario should be in jail for genocide.  Kirby did need his own game again. And seeing Donkey and Diddy was nice.  We can not REALLY count Icarus because we do not even have a release date for 3Ds.   Twisted metal was the high point for me. *Aside from Kevin commin out. And Vavle comming back and kissing up*  "
    lets just agree that this has been a damn good e3
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hitchenson

How many times will this thread be created: 

A) 2 
    B) 5 
    C) 8 
    D) 15 
    E) Too many fucking times, seriously, stop it. Even then it's a shit thread to begin with 

I'm voting E on my personal poll. 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Ryax said:

" @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:
    Mario should be in jail for genocide.  Kirby did need his own game again. And seeing Donkey and Diddy was nice.  We can not REALLY count Icarus because we do not even have a release date for 3Ds.   Twisted metal was the high point for me. *Aside from Kevin commin out. And Vavle comming back and kissing up*  "
    lets just agree that this has been a damn good e3 "
    Cept for the Ubisoft part *Shudder* *Aside from AC*
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, shouldn't we wait until things are over?

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By mazik765
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Ryax said:
    I ask this in every post that bring this up....what exclusive reveals? A lot of the games they 'revealed' were just to say 'hey, we have games that were already going to be on other platforms!'
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @mazik765 said:
    " @Ryax said:
    I ask this in every post that bring this up....what exclusive reveals? A lot of the games they 'revealed' were just to say 'hey, we have games that were already going to be on other platforms!' "
    MOH and Dead space 2 have stuff that only will be on PS3. EX Dead space extraction with Dead space 2 
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ryax
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Ryax said:

" @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:
    Cept for the Ubisoft part *Shudder* *Aside from AC* "
    teehee. as far as im concerned ubisoft isnt even at e3
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:
    I don't like any of those franchises other than Mario and Kirby which are alright.
    Mono_Listo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mono_Listo

So far, I've dug the Sony announcements the most. Especially LittleBigPlanet 2. It's seriously the most amazing looking thing I've seen come along on a console in years. I'm really excited to create entire games within it.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:

" @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:
    teehee. as far as im concerned ubisoft isnt even at e3 "
    Lol. Assassins creed came out and presented its self. 
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ryax
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:
    I don't like any of those franchises other than Mario and Kirby which are alright. "
    what was i thinking?! why would i be happy for something you dont like. man i am totally mis guided.  

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:

" @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " @Ryax said:
    teehee. as far as im concerned ubisoft isnt even at e3 "
    Lol. Assassins creed came out and presented its self.  "
    thats what i saw
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By Jeust
    Nintendo. 

@President_Barackbar
    said:

" I don't think any of them won personally, this year's press conferences didn't really bring anything big or surprising out. "

Kinetic was very cool, as was the 3DS and sony 3D tech, but the games announced were pretty much what was expected. 
    philuk19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By philuk19

Nintendo won no doubt. 3DS along with huge launch titles. Great Wii line up. 
    Sony in second. Killzone3, Infamous 2, LBP2 etc. Move looked poor imo.
    Microsoft in close third. Great hardcore titles with gears/ halo. Kinect impressed me, mainly for the voice control and no controllers.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By armaan8014

I chose Ubisoft as a joke for the hilarious and meaningless beat it dance at the end

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazik765 said:

" @Ryax said:
    I ask this in every post that bring this up....what exclusive reveals? A lot of the games they 'revealed' were just to say 'hey, we have games that were already going to be on other platforms!' "
    Apart from all the EA fellating that went on with all the exclusive content and better deals their games will have, for pure exclusives:  Infamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, Gran Turismo 5, Twisted Metal (and Sly Cooper!). 

Anyway to answer OP, I would say Nintendo had the best press conference. There were just a lot of surprises, which made for entertaining viewing and had me excited watching it. In hindsight, I realized that a lot of the games they showed weren't games that I particularly enjoy, but they did blow my mind with all the old titles they are resurrecting with the pure shock value while I was watching. The moment the 3DS stuff started though, I was convinced that nobody is more authentic than Nintendo at handheld gaming. The Wii stuff was meh. I liked how long their gameplay demos were as well.

A close runner up would be Sony. They had more content and reveals that were interesting to me than Nintendo did. It was very boring to watch though, which is why it doesn't exactly get high marks for best presser. The first hour was way too shareholder-centric and the pacing of the entire conference was terrible with too much Jack Tretton fluff.  The Move stuff and games was impressive though and it definitely seems solid, though I just don't like buying peripherals so I'm not getting it (it's damn expensive as well). The EA deal was pretty neat as well. Then all the game reveals were awesome with plenty of gameplay for the games that were available to be shown. The montages, while tiresome, had some pretty good stuff to look forward to in there as well. Then the promise of Steamworks was great. Letting Valve do their Valve thing increases the value of their games exponentially.

Microsoft blew it's load early with fewer trailers than the rest and shorter gameplay demos. Then it was just what seemed like hours of boring Kinect stuff and awkward acting. Easily the worst.
    Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Aetos

Nintendo. So many surprises.  
    Sony came in a close second though.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Rhaknar

pollo?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33  Edited By Seppli

Overall: Nintendo - thanks to the 3DS.
    Games-wise: EA - because they got the most games I want to play.
    Worst: Ubisoft - for being generally pretentious and latently gay for yoga and vitality sensors and other fairy dust shit.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By damswedon

As always us the fans.

demonstration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By demonstration

Nintendo tore it up with the 3DS. Sony was pretty great overall. MS was fine, but definitely the weakest. Too bad since 360 is the only one I own right now :(

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By Jensonb
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " We all ready have a few of these. I think Nintendo is in the lead. Sony second...I just know Ubisoft was dead last. *I mean DEAD last*  "
    You crazy!? Ubisoft's Presser was awesome! I mean don't get me wrong, most of the actual games were crap...But they had Laser Tag! And crazy things kept happening!
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Jensonb said:
    " We all ready have a few of these. I think Nintendo is in the lead. Sony second...I just know Ubisoft was dead last. *I mean DEAD last*  "
    You crazy!? Ubisoft's Presser was awesome! I mean don't get me wrong, most of the actual games were crap...But they had Laser Tag! And crazy things kept happening! "
    Till then it was professional..and they came out with that..and their  hoist was annoying as hell. 
    Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By Jensonb
    @damswedon said:
    " As always us the fans. "
    That's the wuss answer :P
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By damswedon
    @Jensonb said:
    " @damswedon said:
    " As always us the fans. "
    That's the wuss answer :P "
    Okay then I win Motherfuckers!!
    uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By uniform

I loved Ubisoft's press conference. The moment those two people ran towards the stage guns in hand, with the PEW PEW sound effects, I just burst into laughter. It was the only moment between all 5 where I broke a somber face.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FacelessVixen

I'm psyched for the 3DS. Nintendo has pleasantly surprised me this year.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mazik765
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @mazik765 said:
    " @Ryax said:
    MOH and Dead space 2 have stuff that only will be on PS3. EX Dead space extraction with Dead space 2  "

So their big guns were announcing you could play old games playable on other systems? Again maybe I'm missing this big reveal they had but almost every legit exclusive title they had was already announced and then they announced a bunch of games that are already announced for other platforms. The Twisted Metal presentation was kind of cool but the gameplay looks lacking so far.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ArchScabby

I never thought I'd say  this, but Nintendo won.

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kbm600

Pollo? LIke chicken?

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By raviolisumo

Toss up between sony and nintendo.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xyzygy

Sony and Microsoft both sucked BIG TIME. Nintendo is the clear winner here. 

They brought so many surprises, while the other two focused mainly on gimmicks like 3D and Motion Controls. 

Eisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Eisen

I believe nintendo had the best product lineup this year.  I am not excited about Sony or Microsoft's lineup at all.    3DS exceeded my expectations greatly.

jonnybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jonnybob
    @mazik765: that was my favourite part about Tretton talking, he mentioned exclusives and then threw up a bunch of titles that are multi-platform on the screen behind him.... where's the which company lost E3 poll?
    artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By artofwar420
    @jonnybob: I think we can agree that Ubisoft's conference organizers took some seriously powerful shrooms while planning their E3 thing... while watching Community.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JJOR64

Nintendo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.