Battlefield 3 has the biggest billboard ad for E3 2011!

#1 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

.. On the entrance of the LA Convention Center. 
I realize that the Skyrim one is 3 buildings big, i made the thread about it, but it was on a near building and not the very entrance 
 


 
 
  
 
  
South Hall
 

That's so awesome! 
#2 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

have you got a photo from another angle i don't think i've quite got it 

#3 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

You clearly didn't see the 3 BUILDINGS WORTH OF SKYRIM.

#4 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4611 posts) -

I reaaaaally hope for EA's sake that Battlefield 3 isn't a major flop. They don't need to do CoD numbers, but Bad Company 2 numbers will probably kill DICE. 
 
Seriously, between BF3 and TOR, it seems like EA wants to die or something. Hopefully one of these games is a massive success to take the edge off of the commercial failure of the other. 

#5 Posted by N7 (3574 posts) -

Yeah, well you should see what Sony cooked up. They actually rented ad-space for Uncharted 3 on the Moon. That's why their conference is five hours long(So you can see it at night!).

#6 Posted by warxsnake (2639 posts) -

Isn't the Asscreed banner bigger? Wider anyway

#7 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@MordeaniisChaos said:

You clearly didn't see the 3 BUILDINGS WORTH OF SKYRIM.

I did, i actually made the thread about it. But i meant the biggest ad on the LA Convention Center itself.. thread title limits, man!
#8 Posted by Karlif (46 posts) -

Bastion got a big-ass banner over the door. Nice.

#9 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic: I thought the sky was the limit D:

#10 Posted by pweidman (2308 posts) -

What's the charge for such a big and dominant space to advertise @ E3 I wonder.  EA's going all out in any event it seems.
#11 Posted by Marz (5646 posts) -

Skyrim one is still a bit bigger.

#12 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -
@KingWilly said:
I reaaaaally hope for EA's sake that Battlefield 3 isn't a major flop. They don't need to do CoD numbers, but Bad Company 2 numbers will probably kill DICE.  Seriously, between BF3 and TOR, it seems like EA wants to die or something. Hopefully one of these games is a massive success to take the edge off of the commercial failure of the other. 
That is a pretty scary thought
#13 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@KingWilly said:
 Seriously, between BF3 and TOR, it seems like EA wants to die or something. 
That's bloody hilarious :D
#14 Posted by Zimbo (875 posts) -

I'm happy to see Bastion above the doorway. Competing with some of the big games.

#15 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4611 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
@KingWilly said:
 Seriously, between BF3 and TOR, it seems like EA wants to die or something. 
That's bloody hilarious :D
If you want to strip context from what I said, then by all means. I'll break it down for you. 
 
The reported budget for The Old Republic is around $300 million last I heard. Battlefield 3 has a proposed budget of $100 million. If both of these games fail then EA is going to have a hell of a hard time justifying those kinds of losses to investors, and studios WILL get the ax. DICE will probably be among them, since their Bad Company excursion hasn't exactly sold gangbusters like DICE and EA were hoping.
#16 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@KingWilly said:
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
@KingWilly said:
 Seriously, between BF3 and TOR, it seems like EA wants to die or something. 
That's bloody hilarious :D
If you want to strip context from what I said, then by all means. I'll break it down for you.  The reported budget for The Old Republic is around $300 million last I heard. Battlefield 3 has a proposed budget of $100 million. If both of these games fail then EA is going to have a hell of a hard time justifying those kinds of losses to investors, and studios WILL get the ax. DICE will probably be among them, since their Bad Company excursion hasn't exactly sold gangbusters like DICE and EA were hoping.
First of all, BF3's marketing budget alone in 100 mil, not the entire game budget.. add the production budget to that and you can probably double the number? probably 
And secondly.. 
 

 since their Bad Company excursion hasn't exactly sold gangbusters like DICE and EA were hoping.

That's not true. EA/DICE were not expecting even half the sales they got for BC2 (7 million copies). They repeatedly stated in interviews that the number exceeded their wildest dreams and that that's one of the reasons why their post-launch support/content sucked
#17 Posted by JEC03 (898 posts) -

  

                                                                                               BF2 bird likes this.
#18 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4611 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
@KingWilly said:
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
@KingWilly said:
 Seriously, between BF3 and TOR, it seems like EA wants to die or something. 
That's bloody hilarious :D
If you want to strip context from what I said, then by all means. I'll break it down for you.  The reported budget for The Old Republic is around $300 million last I heard. Battlefield 3 has a proposed budget of $100 million. If both of these games fail then EA is going to have a hell of a hard time justifying those kinds of losses to investors, and studios WILL get the ax. DICE will probably be among them, since their Bad Company excursion hasn't exactly sold gangbusters like DICE and EA were hoping.
First of all, BF3's marketing budget alone in 100 mil, not the entire game budget.. add the production budget to that and you can probably double the number? probably 
And secondly.. 
 

 since their Bad Company excursion hasn't exactly sold gangbusters like DICE and EA were hoping.

That's not true. EA/DICE were not expecting even half the sales they got for BC2 (7 million copies). They repeatedly stated in interviews that the number exceeded their wildest dreams and that that's one of the reasons why their post-launch support/content sucked
I'll concede the second point, as the last I heard from BC2's sales (and I thoroughly enjoyed it) was that it sold two million copies. This was a couple months after the game's launch.  
 
However, dude, seriously, you have to see why I would be worried about EA. Battlefield 3 is going toe to toe with Modern Warfare 3, not just another Call of Duty game. While you and I may agree that BF3 looks like the superior shooter, I'm not so sure that the average person who drives CoD to the heights its reached would be so inclined to take a risk on BF3. If BF3 bombs, if ToR bombs, then there's going to be some serious consequences at EA. 
 
And the way it looks now, it seems like both are quite possible to flop.
#19 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@KingWilly:  Oh you got me all wrong.. When i said your comment is hilarious, i didn't mean laughable or delusional, i meant it's made sense so much it was real funny 
 
I do agree that EA have gone mad this year and they seem eager to lose big money, which is why the way you worded it was hilarious!
#20 Posted by Vinny_Says (5691 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: Are you in LA or are those just photos from the internet?
#21 Posted by Mikemcn (6959 posts) -

@JEC03 said:

BF2 bird likes this.

I do exactly what BF bird does when I hear that song.

#22 Posted by Brendan (7696 posts) -

I'm actually more impressed that Bastion has a sign over the front door. I wonder what the expectations for sales of that game are from Warner Brothers?

#23 Posted by brocool (701 posts) -

My ability to contain my excitement about this game reduces day by day. be good!

#24 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

@Brendan said:

I'm actually more impressed that Bastion has a sign over the front door. I wonder what the expectations for sales of that game are from Warner Brothers?

775 million copies?

#25 Posted by natetodamax (19177 posts) -

Who cares, Supergiant Games somehow managed to secure a banner for Bastion right above the front door. That's pretty impressive I'd say.

#26 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Cause it is the biggest game there.

#27 Posted by salad10203 (654 posts) -

How much do you think it cost for that?

#28 Edited by Barrock (3525 posts) -

MOAR

#29 Posted by DystopiaX (5296 posts) -

More excited/hyped/proud of the bastion banner right below it, on top of the doors.

#30 Edited by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -
@Barrock: Wow, are they really going with "Strap it on" as their tag line? I thought that was just for that one press release.
 
Also, I think stair ads are really dumb.
#31 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

Battlefizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

#32 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -
#33 Posted by TooWalrus (13140 posts) -

That's pretty rad- and probably hell a expensive- I do like seeing that Bastion ad there, though.

Online
#34 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -
@JEC03: I was attacked by a bird that looked just like that.
#35 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

Go Bastion!

#36 Posted by yakov456 (1899 posts) -

Sf/Tekken steps make me happy.

#37 Posted by N7 (3574 posts) -

@yakov456: And I can't wait to see Keith Apicary fall down them.

But seriously, I'd love to live there. I mean, it's pretty much "Video Game City".

#38 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

I so hope that Battlefield beats Call of Duty because in my mind I picture Bobby Kotick crying and saying "why?" over and over again like in a certain Cee Lo Green song.

#39 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@Twitchey said:
@JEC03: I was attacked by a bird that looked just like that.
Did you hack in BF2 prior to that?
#40 Posted by Bloodfarts (63 posts) -

Unless tomorrow's multiplayer reveal looks like crap, I'll definitely be getting BF. Inevitably I'll pick up CoD as well, but BF is what I'm most excited for.

#41 Posted by Pop (2612 posts) -
 Man, for a second I thought that was Gordon Freeman and almost had a heart attack, then I realized it was from deus ex, oh and that BF3 ad looks awesome it must be crazy to see it for real, fucking love seeing all this stuff. And I don't think BF3 will sell bad, that building explosion alone made me 90% sure that I should buy it :D.
@Barrock
said:
#42 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Barrock: AWESOME PICS BRO HIGH FIVE ! 
 
are you in L.A. or something?
#43 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@Barrock: AWESOME PICS BRO HIGH FIVE ! are you in L.A. or something?

I grabbed them from 1up.com's forums which grabbed them from a French website.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.