Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2011

Concept »

The 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 7-9.

Can we stop bringing people from the industry to these E3 chats?

• 125 results
    cuzintheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cuzintheboss

All they do is get off topic and talk about nonsense and not about the main topic.

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fisher81

I think you're missing the point of Giant Bomb.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By HadesTimes

Wow man, if you don't like nonsense are you in the wrong place.

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Klaimore

@HadesTimes said:

AGREED! This is the place where Lincoln Force was born.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By scarace360
    @Klaimore said:

@HadesTimes said:

AGREED! This is the place where Lincoln Force was born.

LINCOLN FORCE THE OG PLACE.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm

I'm more concerned about the retards in the chat bitching about everything. I turned that shit the fuck off. Shit's embarrassing listening to you assholes.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By zero_

I'm more concerned at the presence of Microsoft presence, not that I hate MS or anything, but their presence will severely hamper the criticism and discussion of the Microsoft press conference.

cuzintheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cuzintheboss
    @Zero_ said:
    I'm more concerned at the presence of Microsoft presence, not that I hate MS or anything, but their presence will severely hamper the criticism and discussion of the Microsoft press conference.
    this i agree
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By napalm
    @Zero_ said:
    That doesn't make you sound really stupid, or anything.
    redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By redbliss

These guys are actually talking about things that are pertinent to people that work in the industry and problems that they face. How is that not interesting? Do you just want them to recycle the same boring topics that every other major site brings up? Do you just want to hear "Uncharted looked cool," or "I cant wait for Arkham City." The stuff that these guys are talking about actually has something to do with the gaming industry, and for that reason I think it is pretty cool to listen to. You can listen to people talk about their excitement on any other site, and trust me, you will hear everyone say the same thing over and over. At least these guys are talking about new topics.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By redbliss
    @Zero_ said:

If you were watching the live stream, you would see that that was certainly not the case. There were a couple different criticisms brought up, not only about the conference, but about xbox live and MS's strategy in general.
    thecablekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By thecablekid

@cuzintheboss: Yeah dude just so you know the whole point is to get insight into the industry and how it works, for that you need people who work in it. How about less Leigh Alexander and more Johnthan Blow.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By ReyGitano

@Napalm said:

I'm more concerned about the retards in the chat bitching about everything. I turned that shit the fuck off. Shit's embarrassing listening to you assholes.

This. Normally I love the Giant Bomb community, but today's chat was a disappointment. That was some interesting insider shit that was going down that we instead left for... well, news that you probably already heard and have your own opinions of.

thecablekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By thecablekid

@redbliss said:

@Zero_ said:

If you were watching the live stream, you would see that that was certainly not the case. There were a couple different criticisms brought up, not only about the conference, but about xbox live and MS's strategy in general.

Could not agree with you more man. Blow took them to task on some things that everyone has complained behind the back about. That was a cool segment and I hope they do more of them.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Beaudacious

It was an awesome segment, stop crying cause they didn't talk about MW3.

timenugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By timenugget

These chats are the reason I look forward to E3 anymore. I have twitter and every other game journalism site on the internet to simply tell me the bullet points of the press conferences or how totally awesome Game X looks. I come to Giant Bomb to watch people who have no other opportunity to ever be together in the same room sit and talk adult conversations about things that aren't really being discussed anywhere else.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By csl316

@redbliss said:

These guys are actually talking about things that are pertinent to people that work in the industry and problems that they face. How is that not interesting? Do you just want them to recycle the same boring topics that every other major site brings up? Do you just want to hear "Uncharted looked cool," or "I cant wait for Arkham City." The stuff that these guys are talking about actually has something to do with the gaming industry, and for that reason I think it is pretty cool to listen to. You can listen to people talk about their excitement on any other site, and trust me, you will hear everyone say the same thing over and over. At least these guys are talking about new topics.

Well, as an E3 discussion, I would've liked to hear a bit more about the press conferences and games. That's the whole reason I'm staying up for this, and I know this next part with the crew will deliver.

A fair bit of the Bombcast is usually about games they saw and what they think of them (or if it's out, what they played already). I see no problem with previewing things, and the crew's personality and insight is a lot more interesting to me than many other sites.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Beaudacious
    @csl316:  So you want to hear them say, yo MW3 is coming out its more MW, or yo uncharted 3 is coming out its more uncharted.
    C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By C0V3RT

I don't mind it them. Thankfully the chat was frozen and couldn't read what people were bitching about, but loved the back and forth between Blow and E/Stepto.

vogon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By vogon

@redbliss said:

@Zero_ said:

I'm glad everyone acknowledged the elephant in the room of it being a total fuckfest to have to go out and try and top every press conference from every E3 ever every year. I can't imagine how burned out some of the people who work on Microsoft or Sony or Nintendo's demos are at this point.

timenugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By timenugget

@C0V3RT: I thought it was fascinating to hear the developer's concerns straight to the people who matter in getting them fixed, and their specific responses. Stuff I've never even thought about before.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MiniPato

I love hearing from people from the industry, but sometimes guests can be hit or miss. In this case it was a miss. There was no fun chemistry going on like their Last Supper bombcast.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By JasonR86

Being off-topic is what Whiskey Media is all about dude.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By csl316

@Beaudacious said:

@csl316: So you want to hear them say, yo MW3 is coming out its more MW, or yo uncharted 3 is coming out its more uncharted.

MW3 wasn't even featured today. So no. That's not what I wanted to hear.

They got hands-on time with games. I wanna hear about that.

Edit: Yeah it was. I'm tired, staying up late to listen to a discussion about dashboard ads.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SlightConfuse

i rather have that then running down a check list of "this game is cool "and "that could be awesome". if you want that then go to another podcast.

i found what they were talking about to be interesting. everyone was taking the companies up to task it was a good debate between developer and company

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By C0V3RT

@FlungIntoSpace: No doubt. My favorite bit was when Jonathan said he wanted to make a game with no achievements and no words in his menu, but couldn't because of Microsoft's TCR so as a result, was looking at iOS and Steam as it's platform.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DystopiaX

@csl316 said:

@Beaudacious said:

@csl316: So you want to hear them say, yo MW3 is coming out its more MW, or yo uncharted 3 is coming out its more uncharted.

Yeah it was...MS leadoff game lol.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cooljammer00

The MS guys were outright lying about how the ads on PS3 are as bad as on the XBox.

That's what bothered a lot of us.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@cuzintheboss: Wrong website, buddy.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By csl316

@DystopiaX said:

@csl316 said:

@Beaudacious said:

Yeah it was...MS leadoff game lol.

lol, that's what i get for following the live blog during a work meeting.

regardless, i still wanted to hear about hands on.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Strife777

I think the conversations they brought up were very interesting. I do have to say, I feel like the fact that they work for Microsoft somewhat restricted their opinion, but I could be completely wrong about this.

Blow was also a very good guest, because he actually brought a bit criticism to the other people in the room and sparked some debate.

vogon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vogon

@cooljammer00 said:

The MS guys were outright lying about how the ads on PS3 are as bad as on the XBox.

y'all stated your point in a super-articulate fashion between "SHUT UP BALD" and "<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>"

timenugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By timenugget

@C0V3RT: And I thought it was classy that they actually said "Then you'll have to go somewhere else, and when you do, we want to play it too." People in the chat complaining about them, but I thought they brought it as well as they could considering who they worked for.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Brendan

I found it different and interesting to listen to. C'mon guys, we're going to get TWO other podcasts in a row that will be just as crazy as you want them to be. The MS guys didn't get free reign, Blow, Alex, and Whitta all made interesting discussion, and we got to hear a few perspectives we rarely do on any site, much less Giantbomb. Isn't that great?

Anyway, as I said in another thread, we need at least one E3 cast to piss everyone off, I mean it's pretty much tradition at this point isn't it?

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cooljammer00

@vogon said:

@cooljammer00 said:

y'all stated your point in a super-articulate fashion between "SHUT UP BALD" and "<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>"

They weren't bald. They had shaved heads. It's a type of haircut.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By csl316

@Brendan said:

Anyway, as I said in another thread, we need at least one E3 cast to piss everyone off, I mean it's pretty much tradition at this point isn't it?

Yep, though this was still tamer than the hate Leigh Alexander got.

My only issue is that the stuff would've been kind of fascinating any other day. But it's E3 time, I was hoping to hear about their experiences instead.

vogon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vogon

@cooljammer00 said:

@vogon said:

@cooljammer00 said:

my point was that, if the chat was really upset about them lying about the number and nature of ads on Xbox Live and PS3, it was drowned out by a bunch of people spouting random memes and just yelling for the Microsoft guys to shut up.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AuthenticM

ON THE MOOOOOOOOOOONNNN

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cooljammer00

@vogon said:

@cooljammer00 said:

@vogon said:

@cooljammer00 said:

my point was that, if the chat was really upset about them lying about the number and nature of ads on Xbox Live and PS3, it was drowned out by a bunch of people spouting random memes and just yelling for the Microsoft guys to shut up.

Oh, I wasn't in the chat. If it isn't broken, it's usually filled with a flood of messages and memes and assholes. I was only vaguely monitoring it through the homepage as I went to more civilized boards.

So...basically not the GB forums either. Sorry.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Brendan

@csl316 said:

@Brendan said:

My only issue is that the stuff would've been kind of fascinating any other day. But it's E3 time, I was hoping to hear about their experiences instead.

Understandable, but I don't mind because I know that I'll get exactly that tomorrow and the day after with a bunch of crazy to boot. This cast probably would have been better placed as the last one instead of the first, but I still enjoyed it anyway.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @cuzintheboss: You sir are in the wrong website then. Go back to gametrailers if all you want is recap X looks good and I give Y some grade. 
    Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By Discorsi

Any time some really good point got mentioned or asked it was always deflected by the MS dudes. There was like no moderation to the discussion except random times where Gary Whitta would try to restore some order or Blow would bring something up. I don't know how anyone could have enjoyed this half of the podcast except on an ironic level. 

The interesting discussion that could have been had was just lost in the unstructured nature of that hour or however long it was.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Beaudacious
    @csl316:  So you want to hear about hands on experience in reference to the day of press conferences? Hands on with their laptops typing up articles?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CL60
    @SlashseveN303 said:

@Napalm said:

I'm more concerned about the retards in the chat bitching about everything. I turned that shit the fuck off. Shit's embarrassing listening to you assholes.

This. Normally I love the Giant Bomb community, but today's chat was a disappointment. That was some interesting insider shit that was going down that we instead left for... well, news that you probably already heard and have your own opinions of.

This community is like that a lot in the live chats. I hate it. I usually turn it off.
    DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DukeTogo
    @cuzintheboss: This is what they need.  We hear them talk all year long, I want to hear about how hard it is to get things done from a developer's perspective or how the team feels when a year's work is thought of as nothing by the dudes in the audience who have no idea how much work goes into the interface or infrastructure of Live.

Alex continually dropping working at harmonix at every opportunity was fucking sad, especially when he was nothing but a community manager - essentially a paid forum mod.
    Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DukeTogo said:

@cuzintheboss: This is what they need. We hear them talk all year long, I want to hear about how hard it is to get things done from a developer's perspective or how the team feels when a year's work is thought of as nothing by the dudes in the audience who have no idea how much work goes into the interface or infrastructure of Live. Alex continually dropping working at harmonix at every opportunity was fucking sad, especially when he was nothing but a community manager - essentially a paid forum mod.

He talked about it twice. With relevant stories.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#47  Edited By JasonR86
    @DukeTogo said:
    Alex continually dropping working at harmonix at every opportunity was fucking sad, especially when he was nothing but a community manager - essentially a paid forum mod.
    They were talking about insider information and he happened to have experience in that area.  All your post sounds like is an unnecessary jab at Alex dude.
    ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By ReyGitano

@CL60 said:

@SlashseveN303 said:

@Napalm said:

This community is like that a lot in the live chats. I hate it. I usually turn it off.

I've never seen that chat so bad though, it tends to be unreadable anyways since it scrolls so fast.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By csl316

@Beaudacious said:

@csl316: So you want to hear about hands on experience in reference to the day of press conferences? Hands on with their laptops typing up articles?

I'm sorry, there were 120 Playstations set up for people to try things out after their conference. Thanks for your amazing rebuttals. But lol, the crew's making fun of "I saw video games today" as we speak.

@Brendan said:

@csl316 said:

@Brendan said:

Understandable, but I don't mind because I know that I'll get exactly that tomorrow and the day after with a bunch of crazy to boot. This cast probably would have been better placed as the last one instead of the first, but I still enjoyed it anyway.

Yep, their E3 coverage is always excellent. Gonna be a good week.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By csl316

@Beaudacious: The discussion going on now is awesome, and basically what I wanted to hear. Do you find fault with this?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.