Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2011

Concept »

The 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 7-9.

E3 Day 00 - Top 3 Games Shown @ Day 00 Conferences

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Name your Top 3 Games and Runner's Up

Top 3 Games of Day 00

1. Uncharted 3 - A sinking boat level? Nothing wet my nickers quite as much. That demo level was genuine SP perfection.
    2. Battlefield 3 - Despite being disappointed about how little MP footage there was and the lack of a live MP demo, as well as the tank demo showing off niche gameplay instead of balls out destruction of a metropolitan environment, it still was the most impressive looking and sounding piece of software shown. Breath-taking.
    3. Farcry 3 - Did I ever explain to you the concept of Insanity? Let me tell you... fuck yeah! That was some gorgeous FPS gameplay and presentation. Kickass!

Runner's Up

• Tomb Raider - This new breed of adventure games ushered-in by Uncharted; they do show exceptionally well. That demo was intense and packed some immersive punch. When Lara punctured her stomach, that fucking hurt.
    • NFS : The Run - Didn't dig the QTs, but hell that Frostbite Engine 2 produces some gorgeous lighting. I was extremely glad to see Frostbite 2 perform on consoles and see it do something unprecedented. That was best in class in lighting easily.
    • CoD MW3 - Not gonna kid around, their shock and awe tactic worked. I love explosions and they certainly brought the goods. Blowing up Manhattan was them going balls-out right away - I now of a 'direct' competitor who should have done the same. Either way, strong showing despite it being the same old same old.
    • Oh - almost forgot AssCreed. That was pretty dope. It's just I still need to play AssCreed 2 & Bro'hood, but am reluctant to do so since I didn't enjoy AssCred 1. I'll really have to get to it one of these days.
    • Apparently it's allowed to name gametrailer exlusives too,  not just conference games, so I'll have to namedrop Skyrim and Batman Arkam City too - those were dope!

I don't officially mention Mass Effect 3 here, because I never had a doubt about it. It could be the worst thing ever and I'd still need to play it to its conclusion. It's Mass Effect and it looked even bigger and better than ever. It doesn't need to make my list, it owned it since the second I completed ME2. What about you guys? What impressed you the most?
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

1. Skyrim (the spike footage sold me on the game and i just can't wait now)
    2. Batman Arkham City (i was really surprised just how fluid the game is a bigger open world setting compared to the original)
    3. Battlefield 3 ( This game has really gotten me into researching computer parts again so i can run the best version of this game, it just looks spectacular.  Plus i played a good bit of Battlfield 1942, 2 and 2142 so it's become my military shooter of choice.)

*edit*

i'm tired, but 2 of these games weren't shown at the conferences... but they amazed me more than whatever was shown today.

superjop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By superjop

For me it was Uncharted 3, Rayman Origin and probably Streetfight X Tekken (But not the Vita version, though)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Seppli
    @Marz said:
    1. Skyrim (the spike footage sold me on the game and i just can't wait now)2. Batman Arkham City (i was really surprised just how fluid the game is in a bigger open world setting compared to the original)3. Battlefield 3 ( This game has really gotten me into researching computer parts again so i can run the best version of this game, it just looks spectacular.  Plus i played a good bit of Battlfield 1942, 2 and 2142 so it's become my military shooter of choice.)
    We can do non-conference games? Dang -  then my list has to grow some. Yeah - both Skyrim and Batman looked 'day 1 fantastic'.
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By niamahai

1. Tomb Raider

2. The Halo(s) haters gonna hate!

3. BIA: Furious Four

*Runner-up* :The amount of hate on message boards

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Marz
    @Seppli: i edited my post, but yeah i just missed the whole conference bit while reading the thread.
    Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 25

#8  Edited By Lelcar

This is a tough one. This is really hard. There were so many great games today.

Top 3

• Mass Effect 3
    • Tomb Raider
    • Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Runners-Up

• Uncharted 3
    • Gears of War 3
    • Battlefield 3

Of course there were great games that weren't really touched upon at the conferences like Twisted Metal, and Arkham City that I'm excited about too. Also, Final Fantasy XIII-2 came out with an E3 trailer today and it looks fucking amazing. I loved the first FFXIII, and it looks like this game is addressing all the problems that the non-believers had with it. So, I hope it does well.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    • Mass Effect 3
    • Tomb Raider
    • Rayman Origins

Uncharted was also very cool, but I've always preferred the more puzzle orientated Tomb Raider, and I didn't want to include both games. Halo 4 has me pretty excited too, but it didn't seem fair to include that when all we saw was a short teaser.

For non conference games.. Arkham City and Skyrim were stupidly impressive. I'm in the Oblivion hater camp and still couldn't help but be captivated by what they showed of Skyrim.. just please don't have a compass showing us every single objective!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.