Geoff Keighley Interviews

#1 Posted by Klaimore (945 posts) -

So I have to say Geoff is ruthless when it comes to those interviews he really get deep in some questions that I feel those developers or the big guys like Jack Tretton and Reggie are like fuck! But I have to say they take it very well and just move on.

#2 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

Sometimes he plays an interesting game of hardball, other times he crosses the line into douchebag territory.

#3 Posted by Bucketdeth (8005 posts) -

Even though he does try and go deep and get things out of them that they wouldn't have said otherwise, he comes off as a bit of a dick head.

#4 Posted by ChickenPants (934 posts) -

First time I've really watched Geoff and I thought he came across really well. No industry bullshit. Knows what his audience wants. Was sticking it to Mattrick. Also, trying to catch Cliffy B out on a GoW multiplatform hint.

#5 Posted by MiniPato (2727 posts) -

I think he asks good questions while respecting the interviewee. I never feel like he's grilling them FOX news style.

I don't get people who say he's an asshole. People watch too many Diane Sawyer or E! interviews where they just patronize interviewees.

#6 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

@ChickenPants said:

... Also, trying to catch Cliffy B out on a GoW multiplatform hint.

Which was stupid because I'm sure Young Clifford was referring to the PC version of Gears.

#7 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

Sometimes he'll say something or ask a question that doesn't make a whole lot of sense but that's usually pretty rare I think. Overall I just have to thank Geoff Keighley and all of GameTrailers for the E3 coverage and the exclusive demos in between press conferences/media briefings. It was pretty awesome.

#8 Posted by tkalsey (153 posts) -

He catches developers off-guard which is enjoyable to me. especially with the cliff multi-platform gow3 part

#9 Posted by afrokola (547 posts) -

@weeman105: Agreed, but that's what I like about him. He knows what buttons to push, even when he moves into douchy territory. I really like the guy.

#10 Posted by AuthenticM (3705 posts) -

He's great. The Bomb crew should get him on the podcast one day.

#11 Posted by warxsnake (2645 posts) -

@JJWeatherman said:

@ChickenPants said:

... Also, trying to catch Cliffy B out on a GoW multiplatform hint.

Which was stupid because I'm sure Young Clifford was referring to the PC version of Gears.

Yeah I wish... We're all pirates in his eyes.

#12 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

I thought he was great, I was overall really impressed with the content Gametrailers put out.

#13 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -

He is one of the select few people who has the power to do this. 
If his show wasn't on TV, no one would want to be interviewed by him.

#14 Posted by lmenzol (271 posts) -
@Klaimore: g4 should got rid of sessler and kept keighley is what ive always thought
#15 Posted by Strife777 (1511 posts) -

I think he does a great job. He ask the right questions and sometimes tries to get a bit more out of the interviewee. I never felt like he's being a "dick" about it. It always seems to be in good fun.

#16 Posted by afrokola (547 posts) -

@lmenzol: Sessler is awesome, that would be a stupid move. Getting Geoff on G4 would be cool, but they aren't gonna can the Sess.

#17 Posted by PenguinDust (12478 posts) -

I learned from Geoff speaking to Reggie that the Wii U would not use Blu-ray but a proprietary system similar in capacity.  So, that was more than I gleamed from the conference itself.

#18 Posted by 71Ranchero (2716 posts) -

I like that he asks "tough" questions but the guy really annoys me. Something about him is so unlikable, he is just so phony. 

#19 Posted by coolwhip83 (88 posts) -

I liked his Reggie interview. But his critical approach is very selective. But still a breath of fresh air compared to the rest of Gametrailers 'EVERYTHING IS SUPER, KINECT WOOOOW SO FUN' attitude.

#20 Posted by ChickenPants (934 posts) -
@Atramentous said:
I like that he asks "tough" questions but the guy really annoys me. Something about him is so unlikable, he is just so phony. 
I think he comes across as genuine as he can possibly be given the nature of the role he inhabits. GB Jeff has said that Keighley's completely straight-up and knows his stuff on numerous occasions.

I find it wierd that people are complaining that he not likeable or a douche or whatever... A good interviewer's intention shouldn't be to be likeable, they should aspire to ask good questions and get the best interview possible - I think Geoff succeeds in that.
#21 Posted by Hector (3357 posts) -

I like his approach but sometimes he is too rough on the people he interviews.

#22 Posted by datarez (544 posts) -

I think he does a good job of calling execs out when they say something in wishy-washy corporate speak or when they contradict themselves on previous statements. He's has a good way of asking the questions about things you can tell the interviewee is intentionally leaving out.

#23 Posted by coolwhip83 (88 posts) -

Well it's just obvious that he is a gamer. He wants to know stuff as badly as we do. I'm still not sure wether or not he is a Nintendo fan or hater though.

#24 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

Well he knows things that they know, but they don't want you to know. So he teases them about about.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.