Giant Bomb's 2011 Game of Show

#1 Posted by Wyld (278 posts) -

Since E3 has wrapped up, what is everyone's pick for game of show? 

I think that Bioshock Infinite takes the cake.
#2 Posted by Redbullet685 (6027 posts) -

Uncharted 3. Looks sooooo good.

#3 Posted by alternate (2687 posts) -

Probably - which is crazy given the 20 minutes of footage actually seen and that is won'r be out for an age.  Remember when Spore was GOTS for about 5 years in a row and then when the game shipped it was meh.

#4 Edited by Cabbage_TheMan (240 posts) -
TINTIN
#5 Posted by Wyld (278 posts) -
@alternate: Good call! But let's have fun speculating!
#6 Posted by Toxin066 (3256 posts) -

Prey 2. Because it was the only game I was genuinely surprised at. Giving it to Uncharted 3 or Arkham City almost seems too safe and easy.

#7 Posted by Wyld (278 posts) -
@Toxin066: ArkC or Un3 are definitely safe picks.  Prey 2's trailer seemed like a badass mix between Mass Effect gone open world and what a tangent in the Star Wars universe should have been.  Altogether spectacular!
#8 Posted by Cabbage_TheMan (240 posts) -
@Toxin066 said:

Prey 2. Because it was the only game I was genuinely surprised at. Giving it to Uncharted 3 or Arkham City almost seems too safe and easy.

I agree with this completely.  I LOVED what I heard about Prey 2.
#9 Posted by Wyld (278 posts) -

Sherlock Holmes 6 doesn't count..... or does it?
#10 Posted by Wyld (278 posts) -

Dub horn may also be considered
#11 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1639 posts) -

Gravity Daze for the Vita

#12 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I really liked what I saw of Rayman Origins and Skyward Sword.

#13 Posted by MattyFTM (14347 posts) -

Sherlock Holmes 6!!!!

#14 Posted by Marz (5643 posts) -

Prey 2 as wild as that sounds.

#15 Posted by Vexxan (4616 posts) -

Probably Uncharted 3.

#16 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

Uncharted 3.

#17 Posted by Ramone (2959 posts) -

Far Cry 3 and Uncharted 3 are about equal for me

#18 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

@Underachiever007 said:

I really liked what I saw of Rayman Origins.

I did as well, but Far Cry 3, Bioshock and the new Sly game is up there as well. I want to say Uncharted 3, but as stupid as it sounds, the spider part made me a lot less excited for that game.

#19 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

Tomb Raider

Rayman was also very impressive, I love that they've finally gone back to the style (and difficulty) of the original game.

#20 Posted by Jimbo (9775 posts) -

My game of E3 was Psychoman 2: The Bloodkiller

#21 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online.

#22 Posted by MaxOpower (192 posts) -
@Wyld:  
 " I think that Bioshock Infinite takes the cake. " 

Well for journalists I'm sure! but personally from where I am sitting, I saw very little of the demo they all talked so much about, I can't wait to the demo myself. But Game of  The Show should be more then a single trailer.  

I much preferred what Uncharted had to offer,  a great  demo, and  a super nicely cut  trailer. Or maybe AC:R, it had the mind blowing CG teaser, and aging, a great demo. 
#23 Posted by Stete (725 posts) -

Heh, yay for Psychoman 2 - The Bloodkiller!

And for me it definitely was X-Com, that game looks pretty neat especially the geometric alien thingys, and hearing that it has Mass Effect like squad control has made me even more interested. Plus being one of the few people who really enjoyed Bioshock 2, I have great faith in 2K Marin.

#24 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Uncharted 3 (but who didn't see that being awesome)
Tomb Raider, can use a reboot. Looking forward to it
Far Cry 3, surprise of the show.
Bioshock Infinite, was worried about it being something just tagged with the Bioshock name (still seems that way) but looks amazing

#25 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

Prey 2 holy fuck.

Truly the type of game that benefited from an E3 showing.

It was nice to get reassurance that Bioshock Infinite, Battlefield 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, SF3: 3rd strike OE, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, and Arkham City were gonna be great.

But those games had my money to begin with....

#26 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

Madden.

#27 Posted by Unchained (1080 posts) -
#28 Posted by coolwhip83 (88 posts) -

Skyward Sword

#29 Posted by Jimbo (9775 posts) -

This is kinda the problem.  We get to hear about how great all these games apparently look behind closed doors and then we don't get to see fuck all.  I can watch some grainy & cut-to-fucking-ribbons footage of Skyrim or Battlefield 3 - brilliant.  I can't think of a single gameplay demo that really wowed me.  There were a couple of very nice CG trailers... that's about the best thing I -without access to all the behind the scenes stuff- can say about this E3.

Biggest disappointment was probably Tomb Raider.  I was looking forward to that until they showed it at the conference.  If 50% of the game is gonna be like that, I really don't care how good the other 50% is.

Also EA:  If your biggest upcoming game is so embarrasingly shitty that you can't even show it up on stage, and your guy on stage looks ashamed to be there, you should probably just stop fucking about at E3 and go fix whatever the hell is wrong with that game.  For the last 2-3 years everybody has been telling you how shitty your combat looks, and yet here we are and it still looks just as shitty.

#30 Posted by Danteveli (1163 posts) -

Bioshock was great.

#31 Posted by g6065 (271 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
My game of E3 was Psychoman 2: The Bloodkiller

+1
#32 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1551 posts) -

Battlefield 3, no doubt about it. I liked what they said about Prey 2 (if the CGI trailer is wrong and that game will actually be on PC) and Bioshock. And X-COM seems pretty cool if the tactical/strategy part of it it as big as it seems.

But overall I'm most excited about Battlefield 3.

#33 Posted by Lelcar (597 posts) -

If I had to only pick one:

Mass Effect 3.

#34 Posted by SMTDante89 (2549 posts) -

I have to go with Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, though there's a huge bias considering how much I love the series.

#35 Posted by BrutalQuipper (22 posts) -

Far Cry 3 is looking pretty good, but not as good as Tintin, that game looked awsome!

#36 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

Paper Mario 3DS and Uncharted 3

#37 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

Prey 2 was the only game with a truly exciting demo.

#38 Posted by mnzy (2911 posts) -

3rd Strike and its features.

#39 Posted by pweidman (2300 posts) -

GiantBomb's GoS? Bioshock Infinite

For me though Skyrim showed off some pretty awesome gameplay in several demos, and Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning really showed off a bunch of gameplay and design features which revealed it's going to be a good game, maybe great.

#40 Posted by Jiquk (203 posts) -

Mass Effect 3! 

#41 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2212 posts) -

Prey 2, everything about that game has me totally excited. Just watching the stage demos of this game I can already tell it's going to be awesome, from the Bladerunner like open world, how you can traverse it including descending with hover boots, the spectacular visuals and cool looking arsenal of weapons. Unfortunately I haven't seen any stage demo of Bioshock: Infinite, only that cool trailer but that's not enough for me to call it GOTS unless someone has got a link to an actual E3 2011 demo of this game.

#42 Posted by Joker369 (870 posts) -

So many great games, so heres my top 5
1 Uncharted 3
2 Mass Effect 3
3 Rayman Origins
4 Battlefield 3
5 Bioshock Infinite

#43 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -
#44 Posted by Pie (7058 posts) -

Skyrim, batman, uncharted 3, Prey 2, Bioshock, Far cry 3 and Battlefield 3 all look really impressive (look at me with my action shooting games!) but a special mention has to go to Saints row 3 because nobody's mentioned it yet and that gameplay demo looked really stupid cool. 

#45 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Tomb Raider!

#46 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

It's a well-known fact that I'm a Battlefield fan. So obviously Battlefield 3. But that's not a fun answer. I'll not name any of the games I was already sold on before E3 as my game of the show, like Uncharted 3 and Bioshock Infinite and Batman Arkham City and Rage and Skyrim and so forth.

...I guess it's a toss-up between Dark Souls and Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning - and since Dark Souls releases much sooner, it's gotta be Dark Souls. I'll get it day 1 at its release in September - If I can make time that is, because I'll be ballsdeep in BF3's Beta at that time.

I would have been inclined to name Dragon's Dogma, but according to the bombcast's hands-on reports, the perceived klutziness seen in the trailers is magnified tenfold when actually playing the game. I hope Capcom sorts it out, because I'd dig its premise and promise and look.

Outside of Known Greats - Dark Souls is E3's Winner of the Show
#47 Posted by Winternet (8006 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite

#48 Posted by Wyld (278 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.