Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2011

Concept »

The 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 7-9.

Just got a ticket for E3 from Microsoft!!!!!

spartan117tron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By spartan117tron

I was wondering what other Giantbombers have won

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By N7

I once won Chlamydia from this chick I knew.

spartan117tron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By spartan117tron

Meaning to E3 ticket. But im sorry bought that man lol

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I don't even understand what you won.

spartan117tron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By spartan117tron

A ticket to go to E3

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By FesteringNeon

I've won a full blown grill, TV, Camcorder, and most recently WWE All-Stars from Giant Bomb!  (which I'll be trading into Walmart for MK or Dirt 3)

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By N7

Naw, naw. I was just kidding.

I won a Prince Of Persia HD remake game from Joystiq. Warrior Within I believe. I won a Sweet Tooth action figure signed by the Twisted Metal Team(Which is supposed to get here soon). I also won LittleBIGPlanet 2 from Subway.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Brendan

How'd you win it?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i've won a parking lot BJ twice !!

hmm.. what have i won in my 20 years... absolutely nothing. i have never won a prize. woah.. it's shocking when you realize it
    spartan117tron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spartan117tron

I won in from Xbox Live rewards they gave away tickets to the first 100 people who responded to the email.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11  Edited By Yanngc33
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " i've won a parking lot BJ twice !!

hmm.. what have i won in my 20 years... absolutely nothing. i have never won a prize. woah.. it's shocking when you realize it
    "
    Losers unite!
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I won a DVD of the first Harry Potter movie when that came out. Yay me?

ender_obitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By ender_obitus

i enjoy the GB vigor and all but i think the point was to find out if any of us ALSO won E3 passes from XBL Rewards....

I did.
    wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By wickedsc3
    @N7 said:
    " I once won Chlamydia from this chick I knew. "
    You know the odds on that are pretty good.  lol.
    Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Belonpopo
    @Spartan117Tron: I don't believe you.
    spartan117tron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spartan117tron
    @Ender_Obitus:  Haha no they didn't
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Video_Game_King
    @Belonpopo said:
    " @Spartan117Tron: I don't believe you. "
    For some reason, your comment has reminded me of SpongeBob. The recent SpongeBob. I demand recompense for my trauma.
    Avatar image for rectum_abominae
    rectum_abominae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rectum_abominae

Why anyone in their right mind would happily go to a corporate propaganda event is beyond me.  Especially if that corporation is Microsoft.  

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iam3green

well congrats on that. i want to go to e3, it looks like fun to do that.

i've never won anything great.

ender_obitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ender_obitus
    @rectum_abominae: it's called business, Microsoft is in the business of making money, news flash it takes lots of steps to get people to buy their stuff, what you so foolishly view as  " propaganda" is branding and selling their products and services to you, me, and everyone else, including people who buy product en-mass  for stores, how do you think Walmart or Best Buy  ends up with 360s and PS3s in the store? do you think the game fairy brings them things to sell? no not quite, if the numbers that the ESA puts out about attendance is factual then a good 1/3 or so of the people at E3 and the " propaganda" events that any company with enough money would be stupid not to host are in point of fact buyers, people who without you wouldn't get any games anywhere other than direct from publisher and maybe Steam. sure the press briefings have got mass market like mad but again they would be stupid not to use the internet and streaming services to get more eyes on the products. take a business class and stop being so hostile and negative, and before you even say it the big three all view their press briefings the same way as "how to make stuff sell better and faster" Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. (also PSN still down)
    harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By harinosho
    @Yanngc33 said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" i've won a parking lot BJ twice !!

"
    Losers unite! "
    i won a day off from work..but then some woman threw a tantrum about it and they gave it to her..

rectum_abominae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rectum_abominae
    @Ender_Obitus: The guy who started this topic isn't Wal-Mart.  It does indeed take a lot of steps to get people to buy stuff.  And for the consumer, the fewer steps they take, the better.  Wouldn't it be great to live in a world with less/no advertising?  "But that's how business works," you say.  I could not care less whether a business sinks or swims.  Microsoft's profit margins mean nothing to me, nor do anyone's because I hate deception and advertising.  Please don't tell me you like ads.  "But they're a necessary evil!"  Look, any product that's worth a damn should entice a user on its own.  I'm pretty sure you don't want to be deceived into getting something that, I dunno, red rings every now and then.  I'm also certain you don't want to encourage Microsoft to release shittier, and shittier products.  So it's in your best interests to be more cynical about Microsoft's (or anyone's) "conferences."
    ender_obitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ender_obitus
    @rectum_abominae: See this is why i LOVE GB no where else on the internet would i have gotten a well thought, mannered, and intelligent response... 
    On to my point, please sir don't misunderstand me but lies in advertising upset as much as you do, however a world without advertising seems at least in this age undoable at best, that does not preclude TRUTH in advertising one bit, and I think most of the press conferences over the years may have been overly hyped in presentation but mostly to the point and to the best of the companies abilities honest, sure products get changed and delayed when they start talking years out which is why over the years they have started to focus on the up coming 10-16 months instead of years out, but I'd rather hold back my inner cynic until they act dumb or outright lie, I just like giving companies and people as a whole the benefit of the doubt , I think the core of our dispute is you dislike advertising and want it gone, while I dislike false advertising and want instead truth. I think a perfect ad running right now are the one page iPad 2 ads, no fluff just images of the product and smart cover, no lies, no obfuscation, just "here is our product and also here is our website, come on by." the whole "Jump in" and "It only does everything"(except PSN) are very much falsehoods and marketing speak that should be pushed back on by consumers.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RE_Player1

I won an iPad.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By fishmicmuffin

I won a 10 dollar In N Out gift card once. That's about it.
    Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I won £6 for doing best flower arrang... erm what?

rectum_abominae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rectum_abominae
    @Ender_Obitus:

" @rectum_abominae: See this is why i LOVE GB no where else on the internet would i have gotten a well thought, mannered, and intelligent response... 
    On to my point, please sir don't misunderstand me but lies in advertising upset as much as you do, however a world without advertising seems at least in this age undoable at best, that does not preclude TRUTH in advertising one bit, and I think most of the press conferences over the years may have been overly hyped in presentation but mostly to the point and to the best of the companies abilities honest, sure products get changed and delayed when they start talking years out which is why over the years they have started to focus on the up coming 10-16 months instead of years out, but I'd rather hold back my inner cynic until they act dumb or outright lie, I just like giving companies and people as a whole the benefit of the doubt , I think the core of our dispute is you dislike advertising and want it gone, while I dislike false advertising and want instead truth. I think a perfect ad running right now are the one page iPad 2 ads, no fluff just images of the product and smart cover, no lies, no obfuscation, just "here is our product and also here is our website, come on by." the whole "Jump in" and "It only does everything"(except PSN) are very much falsehoods and marketing speak that should be pushed back on by consumers.
    "

It's actually not undoable.  Proof?  America: Foundation-1950s.  If you lied in your ad, you'd never work again.  The people would've been pissed off, as evidenced by Grandpa wagging his cane at his cell phone provider, assuming he's not too paranoid to get one.  Concurrently, swindlers have, do, and shall always exist.  Their boldness is always in flux.  Today they're at a dishonest apogee.  Case in point: vidjagames.  One is mistaken if one believes vidjagames are made to be entertaining.  They make vidjagames for profit, nothing more.  If you think creativity and the best interests of the player are paramount, you're usually mistaken.  Everyone wants the CoD dollar, INCLUDING BIOWARE, WHO MAKES FUCKING RPGS!  Imagine if Dragon Age and its sequel really WERE spiritual successors to Baldur's Gate.  I'm wetting my Fruit of the Looms just thinking about it.

DA2 backfired, and this is evidence that this kind of nasty LET'S GET THE MAJORITY OF IDIOT PLAYERS PLAYING OUR GAME tactic collapses upon it self.  The average person doesn't need to do anything except make educated purchases.  For the love of god, stop making them able to seduce us.

Interestingly, most WoW players do not understand why they keep playing.  
    ender_obitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ender_obitus
    @rectum_abominae: But ads were still used to inform about products and services back then but there was an honesty and pride in one's word and work that forced truth and said honesty though much more than today, for this just boils down to consumers being better about voting with their dollar and talking back to companies with such numbers that accountability is not an option but a requirement and yes of course games are made for profit but if you leave out COD and other true cash-ins (DA2 among them) I hope most games start as a artistic endeavor into entertainment and we only see those that the bean counters see fit to fund (for the most part anyways).

And please lets not even talk of that virus that makes all of us gamers whom enjoy the pastime and don't waste away for days at a time grinding for loot look like parent-basement dwelling worthless humans.
    I.E. WoW (this gamer has never played it and will never play it, and until some lazy coworker didn't feel like doing his job and instead wanted to play WoW on his laptop late last year I had never even been in the same room as it, knowingly at least)

Oh and lets not forget that whatever the real reasons might have been, to a lot of us here at GB just a few short years ago it looked for all the world as if one of our founding fathers was FIRED due to a poor review (game was shit) of a game that had a very large ad buy on some other gaming website. 

If you admit that HONEST AND TRUTHFUL ads are ok I think at this point we are really just saying the same idea just with different words and maybe a little less cynicism from me.
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EvilTwin
    @rectum_abominae said:

" Why anyone in their right mind would happily go to a corporate propaganda event is beyond me.  Especially if that corporation is Microsoft.   "

Because they gave away the redesigned 360 to everyone in the audience last year?

@Spartan117Tron:  Congrats man, have fun. :)

Also, the first thing I thought of.
    No Caption Provided
    spartan117tron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By spartan117tron
    @EvilTwin: That was pretty much the way i looked when i read that email.
    jmv23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By jmv23

I won too! But did you get that follow-up email they talked about? I haven't received anything yet, just an invite to the MS E3 Media Briefing; confirmed that.

A bit worried at the lack of response...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.