Post Your 'E3 2011 Most Anticipated Games' Lists Here

#1 Edited by mracoon (4948 posts) -

As the title says post your list of the games your most looking forward to from E3 2011 here.

If you don't know how to create the list (there's a Quest involved in making one) just go to the page of any E3 2011 game you're excited for and click on the 'add to a list' button in the top right-hand corner. You should see the sweet image of an octopus which says 'Best of the Electronic Three 2011' (seen below). After clicking on that everything else should be self-explanatory.

To insert a list in the new editor click on 'more' then 'list' and select the appropriate list. In the old editor it's basically the same but you click on 'insert' then 'my list' instead.

It's also nice to have an explanation as to why you chose the games you did but it's not necessary (I'm going to add mine in later).

E3 2011 Most Anticipated Games

mracoon: E3 2011 Most Anticipated Games

1. BioShock Infinite
2. Mass Effect 3
3. Bastion
4. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
6. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
7. Battlefield 3
8. Rage
9. Tomb Raider
10. Trenched
11. Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
12. From Dust
13. Toy Soldiers: Cold War
14. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
15. Journey
#2 Edited by Hardgamer (610 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 is the focus of my life right now.

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Battlefield 3 has all my attention, hype, and anticipation 

#4 Posted by mracoon (4948 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic: There must be other games you're anticipating too.

#5 Edited by Wuddel (2078 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic: I am looking forward to BF3 too, but thats sad, man.

My list is ongoing. I really hope there is more. Smaller games with interesting ideas and settings. No strategy games at all so far :(

Wuddel: E3 2011 Most Anticipated Games

1. BioShock Infinite

... and I even already got a Move! Yeah loved Rapture and I think Columbia will blow me away.

2. Battlefield 3

Need more MP footage!

3. Mass Effect 3

Who doesn't love Mass Effect. I even consider replaying 1&2 to get my perfect backstory.

4. Prey 2

Didn't play the first one. But I love cyberpunk worlds. Also they are rarely used.

5. Dust 514

Ok. This might be the conceptionally most interesting game. I always wondered why this stuff never hasn't been done before.

6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Well I thought Oblibion was boring. Maybe just an extremely slow start. But I loved Fallout 3. I think I am ready for more FPRPG. Also looks amazing.

7. Ryse

My last hope for Kinect. I am about to throw it out.

8. Trenched

I am a sucker for both tower defense and mechs! To bad this is not coming to the PS3. Second reason to keep the 360.

9. Assassin's Creed: Revelations

I had enough of the two stabby dudes already, but man Constantinople ... good choice!

10. Tomb Raider

This reboot sounds interesting. No monster boobs and hotpants, to make you ashamed to play it.

11. Star Wars: The Old Republic

I'd love to go back to MMOs. This is the only chance in the near future, but it does not look great. I would watch a movie made by the CGI guys though!

12. From Dust

Populus?

13. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

Never played it and I think I abandoned the Reach MP to fast. So nice package.

14. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus: The Collection

Well, I skipped the PS2 (or PS1) so I am exited to play SotC for the first time.

15. Need for Speed: The Run

Lately my racing was to much simulation for what I can handle. So I hope this is good and gives me some crazy arcade racing action.

#6 Edited by ProfessorEss (7254 posts) -

So much good stuff it's impossible to chop it down to 15. 
Here's my list that'll probably change by the time I post this - and I'm sure will continue to change every day... 

ProfessorEss: E3 2011 Most Anticipated Games

1. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
2. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
3. Saints Row: The Third
4. Batman: Arkham City
5. From Dust
6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
7. BioShock Infinite
8. Trenched
9. Far Cry 3
10. Mass Effect 3
11. Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster
12. Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
13. Dance Central 2
14. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
15. Rage

@Wuddel
: I got my fingers crossed for RYSE too.

#7 Posted by mracoon (4948 posts) -

@ProfessorEss said:

ProfessorEss: E3 2011 Most Anticipated Games

11. Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster

Really? Unless you plan on playing this with children (which is a whole other issue) I can't believe this game has you more excited than something like Deus Ex.

#8 Posted by Ktargo (100 posts) -

The order probably isn't perfect, but this is a good sense of what I'm looking forward to.

Some runner ups include Halo 4, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Rage, and Arkham City. I simply don't have enough to go on for the first three, and I'm one of the very few people who hasn't played Arkham Asylum yet >< I recently bought a gamepad for my PC though, so as soon as Steam has it for $7.50 or whatever again, I'm all over it.

Prototype072: E3 2011 Most Anticipated Games

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Even though I have seen very little of this game at E3, these games just have a terrible hold on me. The vast amount of content and sense of immersion can keep me playing for literally hundreds of hours. This iteration is shaping up to be the best of them all.

2. Mass Effect 3

Everything shown for this game seems to be a massive improvement over Mass Effect 2, which was my favorite game of 2010. The combat looks so much faster and more fluid and the RPG elements, while not equal to Mass Effect 1's depth, look to be a big step up from ME2.

3. BioShock Infinite

There isn't really much to say. The game looks and sounds completely off the rails (pun intended!). If it lives up to its namesake, it'll be a truly memorable experience.

4. Tomb Raider

I haven't seen any of the open world gameplay that Jeff, Ryan, and Brad keep talking about, but based on their descriptions and what I have seen in the demo, I am very interested to see how this new direction for the franchise pans out. Not a fan of lots of QTEs though, hope they don't get in the way too much.

5. Rayman: Origins

That demo had me sold immediately. I was a big Rayman fan in the past and seeing this game with its vibrant visuals, catchy music, and manic platforming (especially with additional players) left me wanting more.

6. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

This game has incredible promise and The Elder Scrolls fan in me can't ignore the idea of combining the expansive nature of Oblivion with more satisfying combat.

7. OverStrike

I've been a fan of Insomniac's games for such a long time. Resistance never really clicked with me unfortunately, however, this game looks to be a return to form. I love the idea of a co-op game featuring spy gadgets and whatnot all built around Insomniac's sense of humor. Had I seen convincing gameplay, this would have ranked much higher.

8. Battlefield 3

That tank demo, huh? Regardless! From the sounds of things, the multiplayer is solid with some cool new features. And that's all that matters.

9. Gears of War 3

Some of my favorite moments playing my 360 have taken place during Gears of War and Gears of War 2 co-op. This game will undoubtedly be no different. I probably won't spend too much time with the competitive multiplayer, but that don't look like no slouch either.

10. Bastion

My vision may be skewed by seeing this game so many times across Giant Bomb's coverage of it. Nevertheless, it looks like a fine action RPG. Getting the Summer of Arcade stamp of approval hopefully speaks to its quality. Don't have to wait too long to find out!

11. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

Halo is still fun. Co-op in Halo is even more fun. Slap a fresh coat of paint on it and that's enough of an excuse for me to go back through it. Plus it'll give me a chance to see what 343 is capable of before being too pessimistic about Halo 4, even if this is mostly recycled content.

12. Darksiders II

Darksiders really took me by surprise last year. Interested to see what they can do with that established base, a chance to build on those concepts, and ironing out the wrinkles.

13. Prey 2

I have seen zero gameplay for this game but it sounds right up my alley. A sci-fi open world action game is certainly enticing.

14. Star Wars: The Old Republic

There's still a part of me that would like a new MMO to play that isn't destined for failure. While this game shares many of the typical genre tropes, the Bioware pedigree keeps rearing its head to convince me this will be different. I've been away from MMOs for a long time now and I'm not a Star Wars fan. But maybe, JUST maybe, I can find something here to warrant wasting too many hours of my life on.

15. Assassin's Creed: Revelations

I would be lying to myself if I said I wasn't quickly getting sick of the Assassin's Creed formula. That said, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here until they make a sub par game. I just hope this game isn't the one to push me over the line. I would like to see Assassin's Creed 3 before I give up.

#9 Edited by ProfessorEss (7254 posts) -
@mracoon: Yeah, as you said, my excitement for this one is all about seeing my son react to it.  

Much like how Dance Central 2 is on there because I'm excited about seeing my wife's ass react to it :P
#10 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

You know I rarely get a chance to use the list tool, this seems like an excellent excuse.

E3 has once again been a mind-blowing spectacle for me and among what's been shown are some truly captivating games, so in no particular order here are my top fifteen most anticipated games shown at this years Electronic Entertainment Expo.

1. BioShock Infinite

Journalists have been saying excellent things about the demo for this game and the environments and aesthetics both look absolutely astounding. This game only not looks like a refreshing departure from the world of the past two Bioshock games but also promises a great new experience in its own right.

2. Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 are two of my all-time favourite RPGs and right from the end of the second game I've been extremely expectant for Mass Effect 3. With what's been shown at E3 and the track record of Bioware I'm looking forward to ME3 as a stunning conclusion to a fantastic series.

3. Batman: Arkham City

The combat system, level design and character portrayal of Batman: Arkham Asylum made it one of my favourite games of 2009. Arkham City aims to take the elements that made the original game such a hit and impose them on an exciting new open-world gameplay format which looks precision-engineered to please Batman fans and video game fanatics alike.

4. Luigi's Mansion 2

My early history with video games was a bit of a strange one but one of my favourite games of my early teenage days was Luigi's Mansion. An unusual choice I know, but it's what made Luigi's Mansion 2 one of the most exciting Nintendo announcements for me this year. I hope it can capture at least part of the fun I had with the original game.

5. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

From the moment rumours of this game were first emerging on the internet Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary sounded like an exciting prospect, but with the games inclusion of the ability to instantaneously switch between the remake and the original campaign, as well as the inclusion of the Halo: Reach multiplayer with all its DLCs and 7 new maps, it sounds like 343 Industries are providing a deeply respectful tribute to the very first Halo.

6. Halo 4

While I think a whole new Halo trilogy is perhaps going a little far and despite the surprise of this game being spoiled by the pre-press conference leak, I'm very expectant to see where 343 take the Halo series next. Whether Halo 4 can live up to the quality of its predecessors and how much 343 are going to change the formula are big questions which I can't wait to see answered.

7. Assassin's Creed: Revelations

This game was undoubtedly the high point of the Ubisoft conference and while I'd prefer that the company went straight from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood to Assassin's Creed III, I might as well enjoy this title while it's here. The new character design on Ezio is very well done and if Revelations offers an experience anywhere near as good as Brotherhood it'll be a hell of a game.

8. Smash Bros. (working title)

The Smash Bros. series has consistently been damn good fun and while there are currently zero details on the new title I can't wait to see more Nintendo-themed fighting action.

9. Dust 514

While I've still yet to make my mind up how interested I'll be in the gameplay of Dust, it's worth taking note of anything put out by the creators of EVE, who have pioneered a unique and solid game experience, even in one of the most competitive game genres today. With Dust it's probable that we could see both a very individual experience and a never-before-seen kind of cross-game play.

10. Tomb Raider

I've never been the biggest fan of the Tomb Raider franchise but there's something somewhat beguiling about this series reboot. It not only offers a promising redesign of one of the most iconic element of the games, Lara herself, but also claims to put forward something few other games do; a truly vulnerable character being thrown into the ruthless and gritty world of an action game.

11. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Amongst the shooter-fatigue of E3 and the general sequel-weariness that this series has brought me, Modern Warfare 3 still looks like a great piece of game development. MW3 promises to be an exciting addition to the ever-successful series.

12. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

From a technical standpoint this may be the most impressive thing I've seen done on a console. Drake's Deception blends the Indiana Jones-style action of the previous instalments with a somehow even more spectacular showcase of visual assets and animation. Big props to Naughty Dog on this one.

13. Kinect Fun Labs

Do I plan to buy a Kinect? Not really. Is this a fantastic tech demo? Hell yes. For us the Kinect may be a novelty but that doesn't detract from the fact that what was shown of this product on the Microsoft stage was freaking amazing.

14. Forza Motorsport 4

The accessible and highly customisable nature of Forza 3 meant that even for people like me, who aren't overly familiar with the racing genre, a great deal of enjoyment could be had. Forza 4 looks to be a content-packed and visually beautiful return to this world.

15. Far Cry 3

Once again a franchise that I've never really been a part of, however what was presented of this on stage looked freaking good. The visuals and the characters looked great and the gameplay appeared solid. I'm not entirely sold yet but that doesn't mean I couldn't be with a little more proof that this is a quality game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.